Working with Amethyst

I believe that aside from diamonds, it was the first one that I knew about from my grandmother. She loved amethyst and had quite a bit of jewelry with it.

2 Likes

It sounds like amethyst is a very nostalgic stone for many of us! :blush::gem: And you make a great point about diamonds- I’ve honestly never considered the magickal properties of diamonds or of including them in spellwork, but I imagine there are many uses for them too! I guess I often don’t think of them because they aren’t as budget-friendly as stones like amethyst are :laughing:

2 Likes

I never thought of them that way until I was reading a crystal book that mentioned their properties and that Scorpios shouldn’t wear them. I am a Scorpio and since I stopped wearing my diamonds every day, things aren’t as disheartening.

From bluestone.com diamonds bring disharmony to Scorpios, Aries, and Pisces but they are a great stone for Virgo and Libra. They bring good luck to those signs.

3 Likes

Was it a Herkimer diamond! I thought it was the same thing as a regular diamond :joy: but it’s a type of quartz

2 Likes

No I do have a Herkimer Diamond though. It was a field trip when I was in school to go to Herkimer NY and mine for diamonds. It was a lot of fun, I would love to go back and do it again too!

2 Likes

That just blew my mind! For the last 3 months, my best friend has been having major fights or disruptions with her husband… everytime she wears her engagement ring. That ring just happens to have a nice, fat diamond on it… and shes a Pisces! I just texted her to look into this bit of information.

4 Likes

oh awesome! I’m glad I could help with that information. We are going to find me a complimenting ring to wear instead of diamonds. I have ft a lot better since I took them off a couple of months ago.

1 Like

This is new news to me too! Oh goodness, as a fellow Scorpio I will also have to try and be more mindful of the jewelry I wear :gem::eyes: I guess this is good news for my wallet- a good excuse to choose less expensive (but equally lovely) crystals! :laughing: :+1: Thank you for sharing this tip, @Susurrus!

2 Likes

Oh no problem at all. I was kind of shocked when I saw it because my wedding band and engagement ring are diamonds. I wear them now when my husband and I are doing something outside of the house. I will find something else, I’m going to research the stones that a Scorpio should wear and see what I can find.

2 Likes

Ooohhh I’m also very interested in this! If you find any good stones that are recommended for us Scorpios, please let me know! :gem::scorpius::two_hearts:

2 Likes

There’s a lot: clear quartz, citrine, obsidian, turquoise, malachite, lapis lazuli, aquamarine.

3 Likes

@BryWisteria I saw that @christina4 listed some, and the only one that I don’t have is turquoise and malachite. I will have to make up a bag of them to carry in my purse after I charge them with intent. I am doing the same thing with an anxiety bag that @jordyn recommended to me on another post. I will also look into it for anxiety and Scorpios.

4 Likes

@Susurrus Heres some infographics I found that could help ya! Also from the Crystal Gemstone Shop Online they have a Scorpio Gemstone Set! :relaxed:

Also check out this article from Healing Crystals they go into a little more detail on things!

4 Likes

That’s really interesting! I looked for Aquarius and there are some stones that I have already and some I’m missing. Gonna have to get on that .

3 Likes

You don’t need every one of them. One is fine.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to build up my collection anyways. I lost most of mine when I moved suddenly a few years ago. Which was a downer because I had crystals that my Daddy bought me before he passed. So I’m trying to collect them again. Moonstone is on my list. I got one from Amazon and it turned out to be the size of a baby’s tooth. So yeah, gotta try another outlet.

2 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry! You got the code I gave everyone right? At GG2?

2 Likes

Yeah, but I don’t do PayPal and I don’t think they take credit cards. So yeah, that’s the trouble. Otherwise I would have ordered me a nice bit of pyrite by now.

2 Likes

She takes cards! I use my card their.

1 Like

OOH, goodie! Then I’ll have to order something at the beginning of the month. Can you link me to that post again, I’m afraid I’ve lost it.

1 Like