Yule log, Can it be any log?

I just got home from the store with Peanut and we bought some Swiss Cake Rolls and I couldn’t help but smile because of this discussion. I’m so happy to have them and I get to enjoy them later tonight with my daughter.

9 Likes

Thank you :hugs:

Thank you! :heart:

It’s funny but it’s true! Someone else on Twitter was like yup, slap some birthday candles on the Swiss Roll, light it, and you’ve got a Yule Log :rofl:

Also, side note if no one has seen it yet, but Bex at The Witches Cookery shared an amazing recipe for a Yule log that I’ll link here.

I’ll end up making one, but I’m not making it from scratch. I’ve got dietary restrictions and I’m not trying to mix a million different kinds of flour and ingredients just to make a Yule log. My cake mix is coming from a box :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I would make the yule log with a cake mix too. I have seen how they roll it with plastic wrap. My daughter is good at these things, I’ll have her help me with it. She’ll know exactly where to go for the way to do it.

8 Likes

Megan,
Thanks I’m trying to get ready for the full moon and have some creativity and I think OK well I’m going to be an artist and then I try really hard to make something look really good and it looks shitty! Buy trial and error and perseverance I think sooner or later I’ll get really good. I really do appreciate your positivity and encouragement!
Jeannie

7 Likes

This happens to me all the time. I think it’s just because I don’t practice enough and I have a vision in my mind of what I want to do and it just doesn’t turn out that way. But that’s okay!

7 Likes

That is beautiful! This is my first year celebrating Yule, I’m so excited for it.
This year with my kids all grown pretty much, I just couldn’t do the Xmas tree with all the kiddy themed ornaments/decorations. So I skipped the tree this year, until I get new ornaments/decorations for next year.
I did get a frasier fir wreath and will be decorating a yule log.

8 Likes

That looks delicious! But I have the same problem ideas appear glorious in my head, but when it comes to the end result…not the same! :rofl:
If I attempted this…it’d probably look like road kill!

8 Likes

We won’t be having a tree this year, either. Mainly because our house :house: is supposed to close next week and there isn’t a point in putting up a tree just to take it down again :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Oh Awesome! Congrats! :partying_face:

6 Likes

This has all been helpful. Thank you! This will be my first year celebrating Yule and I am so excited! I need to get a Yule log still. :grimacing: Looks like I have been procrastinating. :sweat_smile:

@MeganB, we weren’t feeling the holiday spirit until recently so we only put up our wall tree. It’s easy to hang and take down. I also have my Charlie Brown Christmas tree with the one bulb. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love your wall tree. I feel like we didn’t put much effort into our tree this year. It felt rushed and we didn’t get all of our ornaments on it either.

I love Charlie Brown Christmas Trees, I think when people have one they are referring to that way, it is put up with my more love and good intentions for the season.

It’s my first Yule that I am celebrating, I’m hoping to do a simmer pot on the stove that day! I don’t have a fireplace to burn a Yule log but I think I am going to make one that we can eat with my daughter.

6 Likes

True I have no time to put the darn thing up! But I got a beautiful pagan ornament for my :evergreen_tree: tree! It’s a pentagram and lights up! I found it at Grocery outlet! If I didn’t get it I would have been mad! I told my aunt about Yule and hinted to her my values and beliefs! I told her that I was baking and creating! She likes that I am doing art and that I want to decorate my tree with pinecones! I am hinting to them my new found craft and I think in time they have to except me for who I am! My husband said he is Wiccan know I never thought I would hear that! I really am changing and I love and am embracing everything and I love myself again! I am excited about my path!
Jeannie

8 Likes

A wall tree! :christmas_tree: That’s such a good idea! I love it :heart:

That’s so beautiful to hear!

6 Likes

Here’s the recipe I found and it is French and you can use a boxed chocolate cake mix! Rather easy I think :thinking:
Jeannie

7 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

Here is my Yule Log 🪵
Hope you all are doing well!
Happy and and blessed Yule!
Jeannie

11 Likes

Happy Yule!
Jeannie

9 Likes

Megan,
I just realized this is so cool that you can Create fire on the log that is so awesome!
Thanks
So many possibilities Know I just might do this one for tomorrow!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Beautiful Yule log and tree, @Jeannie1! It looks very festive and bright- wishing you a very Happy Yule! :heart::candle:

7 Likes

@praecog29 I love your wall tree. My nephew and his wife have a 19 month old son and he has a felt tree that hangs on the wall. He has his own felt ornaments he can move around on the tree. I think these WALL TREES are brilliant. My great aunt made hers out of tag board and it folded into the corner of the room . Great creative inspiration. THANKS FOR SHARING! :christmas_tree: :heartpulse:

6 Likes