Altars! Love to see yours!

True. I do a lot of devotionals from my computer chair since my BOS is mainly on the computer. It’s the doing that counts I figure.

5 Likes

Your absolutely right, if you dont mind my asking which deities do you work with, if that isnt too intrusive?

5 Likes

I call on the Lord and Lady mostly. When I think of them I think of the Mother and the Lord of the Hunt mainly. Although my come to goddess meeting a couple of years ago was in a dream with the Goddess in jeans and a sweater, so who knows where my brain was.

7 Likes

Thats a very interesting story! I LOVE IT! I work with Cerridwen myself, i spoke with her initially djring a meditation asking for guidance

6 Likes

Trey,
Thanks for sharing, I like your alter looks really calming and peaceful!
Gives me inspiration that mines could be too! Thank You, and very nice to meet you!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Here’s my current altar with all my decks that I currently have. I used two colors for my altar because I wanted to work on emotional healing. Black to deal with the negative thoughts, beliefs, etc & blue to facilitate the abundance of the positive emotional healing (also why the scallop shell and the picture of Aphrodite who I’ve been working with is on that side). I keep incense resin in the middle box and the bowl holding my crystals is a handmade walnut bowl. Had to oil that baby up myself and it has a balance between earth and water energies which is perfect for me. :smiley:

26 Likes

Gambit
Really humbling know that you use colors to help with you emotions! That’s incredible I love ur space it looks like your centered! That’s neat your also working with Aphrodite and self care with Neg thoughts me too! I love ur alter, It definitely has a healing touch to it!
Jeannie

8 Likes

That is beautiful @Gambit. I love the space you have created. I especially like the use of color. I get it! :slight_smile: I have a collection of bandanas I picked up at Hobby Lobby… for the same purpose. :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing. I am enjoying the posts you have added to the dialogue! :+1:

7 Likes

Your altar has a very relaxing aura! And those dice are beautiful too! :game_die:

Not really my altar but anyway I wanted to share my progress organizing some of my things: I tried to separate by element from top to bottom: Air, Water, and Earth. (No Fire near the wooden shelf please)

29 Likes

John I really can appreciate the earthy vibe I get when looking at your alter!
I love the crystal eye!
Jeannie

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 @berta @Francisco Thank you! I’ve always been really attracted to the beauty of colors and when I learned that there were properties tied to them well I latched onto that without a second thought. I have a big bag of dice to make use of so if the colors of the cloth change the dice might just change as well.

@Jeannie1 Would love to talk about what your experience working with Aphrodite has been like sometime.

@berta Are the bandannas something you take with you/wear or do you change them out at your altar?

8 Likes

This bookshelf looks amazing, this is a really great idea to give each element its own space, plus organizing by element sounds like a fun project.

8 Likes

@Gambit. I change the bandana’s out for the seasons or to reinforce a spell. It’s fun… love having colors to play with.

6 Likes

Gambit,

Honestly I felt drawn to here because she is teaching me to care for myself! So I don’t fall into depression! I just need to love myself and not to do any negative self talk. Her voice speaks to me when I do things like that cause she teaching me to be kinder to self! I am also working on my shadow side and she may be revealing a lot to me.
Jeannie

23 Likes

@Jeannie1 - the worst person to lie to is yourself. Be kind… You are a beautiful and loved spirit. The world needs positive and wonderful spirits like you in the world. If you let the dark overtake you, please reach out.

That is one of the coolest alter box I have ever seen… it is glorious and has such a regal elegance about it. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

What a beautiful Altar!

7 Likes

@Francisco, what a beautiful space for your practice! Looks so amazing!

8 Likes

Looks amazing! Love the colors!

7 Likes

These are so cool! Very inspiring. :slight_smile:
Here is mine.

21 Likes

Thank you Walter,
If I ever travel at least I have a cool alter! I was thinking about putting it in the trunk of the car so I have the alter with me! Do you bring a alter anywhere you go? Because it must be in secret, I only have one friend in town who considers herself a Witch! I wish I knew more people out here to share my craft with! FYI I been listening in to botanica! Great u tube channel!Thanks so much!
Jeannie

6 Likes