Altars! Love to see yours!

My alter for me, my ancestors, my practices, and for the elements :green_heart: havenā€™t found a deity I am more drawn too yet. :sparkles::crystal_ball::crescent_moon:

33 Likes

well that is pretty and creative using the white board

6 Likes

I thought the same thing!!

Very nice and spacious altar, @ashley7! What do you think about the book ā€œ1001 Spellsā€? Would you recommend it?

9 Likes

Here is what we have set up. We have 1 main altar and the girls have their own in separate ends of the house. I built an addition 7 years ago that I use for my personal altar with a workspace to make incense, potions, and oils.

Also crafted my own wand and my wife made an athame out of wood until I get a chance to forge her a blade for it.

37 Likes

47 Likes

Wow @daniel4! Incredible! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Oh WOW!!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Your altar is awesome! Iā€™m still organizing mine because I recently discovered myself as a witch. Thank you so much for sharing your altar :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

So Tumblr aesthetics! I love it :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you! I like having daily affirmations with my tea and spiritual workings :heart::sparkles:

7 Likes

I honestly love the book, it has spells for anythingā€‹:grimacing:. Although, It doesnā€™t tell you to cast a circle of protection before a spell. Which I feel is very important. The spells do work though and very detailed! :sparkles::sparkles:

9 Likes

That room looks awesome @daniel4!! Do you sell your crafts?

7 Likes

I honestly have never thought about selling anything. I have always just given and taught others.

If there is something you are looking for let me know. I have tons of herbs in my garden and fresh wood everywhere.

I hand carve my wands but I can make them in a lathe but I feel that making it look too smooth and perfect takes away from the individually. I make athames as well out of iron and by hand but those take most of the day.

I teach those in our coven how to craft their own as I feel that when you make it by hand you can feel the wood, the metal, the herbs and enhance their experience.

Even if I did sell I wouldnā€™t know what to charge.

My family members also grow stuff so I rarely have to buy anything.

But I would be open to selling or teaching anyone and can try to make a video.

16 Likes

Very nice!! Love to see other peoples spaces.

6 Likes

You are a very generous soul, @daniel4 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is a great point! Making something by hand fills it with your love and intention- and each result is sure to be unique! Your coven is lucky to have you as their teacher :blush::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

So beautiful! I love the room you have and the interests you express! It gives me ideas for my own. Thank you for sharing!

10 Likes

The lighting is terrible in this spot of the :house: but itā€™s also why :candle: magic is so wonderful. Here is a poor representation of my wall ā€œaltarā€. It needs to be this way because of the 3 cats. :upside_down_face:

Iā€™m so happy I have a space of my own where I can do :candle: magic and meditate. I have my divination stuff out but I donā€™t use it. :thinking: Itā€™s all stuff that has picked me but I just read souls.

If I want a different setup, I have a table below. I just have to keep the cats out of the room. Itā€™s not practical to always use the table, though, and I definitely canā€™t keep anything on it long term or itā€™ll get knocked off when Iā€™m not home.

The angel we bought online direct from the manufacturer to save some :moneybag:. We got it 4 years ago? She was my reminder my faith was in flux. Iā€™ll always carry my old Christian faith with me in some way because Iā€™ve lived with it all of my life. But she also reminds me I no longer worship deities. The angel reminds me of the Goddess. I may look to the :full_moon: for guidance and protection, but I donā€™t worship her.

The cotton candy candle is a reminder of this life and of love. I met a new friend in a Zoom meeting a few months ago. We met for the first time in person on June 26th. Some backstory is I lost my sense of smell over 10 years ago after a round of pneumonia. When I walked into her house, I could smell cotton candy. :cry: My first smell in over 10 years. Now itā€™s all coming back. Yesterday she surprise me with a new candle that she hoped I would keep on my altar as a reminder of our connection. When I opened it, do you know what date it was poured? June 26. :open_mouth: She had no idea because it was unopened.

26 Likes

Thatā€™s lovely @praecog29!

Similar to you, I have my altar on shelves :blush:

Itā€™s not practical any other way as I have 2 cats a dog and a curious 6 year old :thinking::joy:

Thatā€™s amazing about your smell/candle! Are you getting more scents back now?

8 Likes

My sense of smell came back that day with the cotton candy candle being the first smell. Itā€™s weak but I can finally smell anything and everything if I am close enough to it or if it is strong enough of a scent. Some of that makes me tear up when I smell something sweet. Some of that makes me wish I still couldnā€™t smell things. :rofl:

8 Likes

I get ya! :joy: @praecog29 Thatā€™s amazing! You must have a great connection with your friend now :heart:

7 Likes