Anxiety Smudge Prayer

As of late, I’ve had a growing curiosity in learning the history of something I am sure most of us do, and that is to smudge/smudging. I haven’t quite gone down the rabbit hole with the countless cultures that partake and have their own way of doing this but trust me when I say there is no right or wrong way to smudge your home, yourself, or others. Each group of people have the upmost respect for the other and how they go about their ritual, I admire that incredibly. They know that however different they are from one another, the act is sacred.

I feel myself going into a rant so I am going to shift the focus for a moment and would like to make this topic my entry for this week’s challenge.
A poet is the last thing I would consider myself, I don’t feel I’m a wordsmith either but I wanted to share this prayer that I made especially for when anxiety has creeped over us and we want to transform that into different energy.

Anxiety Smudge Prayer
As I strike the match, flame and smoke fill this space.
It’s time anxiety gets replaced.
I cast out any illnesses and tension,
surely part of its manifestation.
I say, “Be gone lingering negativity!”
Here in this moment I have been set free.
Taking deep breaths, I invite and welcome the abundance of positivity.
(In one, and out.)
(In two, and out.)
(In three, and out.)
(Hold.)
I’m embraced in this calm space, anxiety has left me as well as this place.

I’m thinking this may be a rough draft… It feels amazing to say it though, especially out loud. The conviction in my voice is powerful and gives me that extra boost of, "Ohhh yeeaahhh(like the Koolaid guy lol).
It’s also 2:34am and I am going night night <3

13 Likes

And please, this was shared for anyone to use! No need to ask :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh yeah :joy: I love it!!! I’m glad to see you being silly!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much @janelle I was looking for a good smudge prayer!

6 Likes

And you said you’re not a wordsmith!
Very nice! Thank you.

4 Likes

Great job! I like it, I was trying to figure out what I should say the next time I smudge my space. I should really do the whole house again. It’s been a while since I have done that.

4 Likes

Thank you this is beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love how you explain that there is no wrong way of smudging :heartpulse: I spent so long fretting over whether or not I was “going it right” I was probably creating more negative energy with it than I was cleansing anything :joy: once I found my own rhythm and stopped questioning myself my house felt more cleared and less heavy after it.
Thank you :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

5 Likes

That’s a lovely prayer @janelle! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing it!

5 Likes

Beautiful prayer @janelle!! Well if you’re not a poet somehow there are poems inside you!

There’s a unique feeling to repeating a spell or slowly building up the tempo. Sometimes I like to move my head to in circles to the rhythm of the chant to really generate power.

Chanting is a mind-protecting and empowering action. Thanks for sharing your ritual with us!!

4 Likes

You say you don’t consider yourself to be a poet, but this gorgeous prayer shows me otherwise, @janelle! You have a talent for words and for expressing your intent through text. This one was a joy to read!

A beautiful entry to the challenge this week- thanks for sharing your lovely prayer, Janelle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud at this :joy: Now I’m reading the prayer in the Koolaid Guy’s voice :rofl:

4 Likes

Miss Janelle,
Listen to your heart, it will always tell you what to say.

Garnet

3 Likes