Anyone else have recent low energy?

Anyone else experiencing low energy the last couple days? My energy has been way off today and I’m not sure why. I slept a full, restful 8 hours last night. Ate my normal breakfast. I was sitting here doing my daily tarot reading and drinking coffee and started to doze off, which is not like me.

Any suggestions on how how I can boost my energy?

TIA!

7 Likes

Huh, that is odd. I ended up taking an unexpected nap yesterday so it’s not just you. Have no idea how to get rid of the sleepies though, other than exercising or something drastic like that.

4 Likes

I’m having an off day today but it started off different than normal. I feel drained.

4 Likes

@Amethyst, I tried that, lol! I took my dogs for a short walk in the crisp weather (it was about 50ish which is cold for this Texan, lol) but it only irritated me because I hate the cold. The dogs were happy though.

@Susurrus, that is how I feel, really drained of my energy.

Now that work is done for the day I may take a cat nap before doing my evening chores and cooking. I’m also going to drink some chamomile tea and do a restful sleep spell just in case me sleep wasn’t as restful as I think it was.

4 Likes

At least the peppers were happy! If it makes you feel better I just had a ‘short’ nap that lasted four hours! So it’s not just you.

4 Likes

My last “short” nap was 2 1/2 hours! I am exhausted by the time my daughter gets home from school. :sleeping:

4 Likes

I’ve been pretty tired, too, but I attributed it to spending 10+ hours on my feet hiking and moving around on Saturday with the Girl Scouts lol

4 Likes

Yesterday me and my husband both had low energy. He even mentioned it last night. He thought we were coming down with something.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve been lacking energy lately, @Amaris_Bane :pray: Do you think it maybe has something to do with the Full Moon tomorrow? :full_moon:

Those who are in tune with nature and the moon phases often feel an influence when the full moon approaches. Some feel extra energized (or even moon-manic! :crazy_face:) but others feel drained or weighed down by the energy in the air. Each full moon has its own unique qualities, too, so you may feel different at different full moons.

There are even scientific studies about the effects of the full moon on people, and there was a great discussion a while back about how the moon phases affect coven members differently.

Although it does have magickal properties of purification and cleansing, the February Snow Moon is a particularly barren and cold winter moon:

Perhaps those who are feeling worn down without a clear reason may be feeding off some moon energy? :thinking:

Just a thought- I hope everyone who is dealing with tiredness can regain their energy again soon! I highly recommend Tea Spells for an extra boost of energy and warmth, they’re always a favorite, but they do seem extra potent during the cold winter months :tea::two_hearts:

7 Likes

@BryWisteria I didn’t even think of the full moon because it’s been happening all week really, since the weekend at least. I just feel drained by the time my daughter gets home or shortly thereafter & I’m in & out all night :sleeping: or out before dinner or just after. It’s the craziest thing! :crazy_face: I will definitely read up on the Snow Moon, :books: because cold also will have an effect on my body, but more physical… joint pain, back pain, shoulder & hand pain. I never related fatigue to a full moon :full_moon: just more energy

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane If you’re an empath you’re probably picking up the unsettled energy going on in the world right now. It feels like there’s so much chaos still.

Regarding an energy boost: Exercise daily if possible and don’t forget to do something fun every day too!

Meditate and connect to the Earth. Just do a few breathing rounds and see your spine growing roots down into the Earth. Let your branches reach up to the sky. Absorb the rich energy of the Earth through your body and let the energy of this Full Moon shine on you. Be a channel for energy and don’t try to capture or filter any of it.

Sleep well and watch your caffeine intake!

8 Likes

I know this feeling all too well. The days leading up to tonight for me have been rote with a lack of sleep and lack of energy. I’m planning to place my stones in the yard tonight to charge with water to charge as well after it is boiled. Tomorrow will be a busy ritual night for me so I’m hoping to get some form of rest.; When I get like this I try to meditate and connect to lay lines whether major or minor. it helps somewhat to absorb some magickal energies from the earth

5 Likes

@Francisco that actually also makes a lot of sense for me too, my brother was deployed to Ukraine. I had actually just found out at the end of last week, hours before he was leaving. I know it took them a day & a half to get there :world_map: . So the chaos of the world has been in the back of my mind & it would definitely be plausible that I am doing the same thing @Amaris_Bane in that respect more than normal because I’m an empath too.

I thought about it & sometimes full moons :full_moon: do drain my energy, but not to this extent. I have much less energy during times of the full moon & I am also affected by weather so I can see why I would have even less energy. Combine that with the world chaos, my chaos, & it’s an energy vacuum. :rofl:

6 Likes

I am an empath so that makes total sense @Francisco! I have been taking my dogs for walks daily but it’s been so gloomy here that I’m not getting much sunlight which I think might be contributing. I also have started doing some sun salutations in the morning to try and get my blood moving. I already limit my caffeine to 2 cups coffee max before noon and only decaffeinated teas. I also have started a daily meditation process as a goal for this year. I’m currently doing 5 minutes every morning and evening.

@BryWisteria I didn’t even think about the full moon. As @Susurrus said it’s been for a few days so I didn’t make the connection but I know some people can be affected several days before/ after the full moon. I did try a tea spell today and it helped a little bit.

I did take an accidental nap today. I feel asleep some time after 4pm and my husband woke me up when he got home at 6pm. I feel a little better. I think I’m going to set my alarm later to see if my buddy needs more sleep right now.

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions. It’s good to know I’m not crazy :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

I kind of think you should go with the flow and take a few slightly more relaxed days to yourself. I believe the world is continually demanding more and more out of everyone, especially lately. Those who easily avoided resting or napping before might be having a harder time these days. I still go back and forth sometimes, but the general idea I’ve been working with is this: allowing yourself to rest when you really feel like it allows you to be more in harmony with the energy of the planet, and usually this is a good thing, you will find that you will have more power when you need it, and you will have a higher influence on the world. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I know for me I get drained a lot easier as an Empath & to a greater extent but I have to take into account all of the work that I have done (think Shadow, Inner Child) & this was the first time I haven’t done any since the last time I saw my psychiatrist. I had totally forgotten about the full moon so that is probably contributing to me also.

Yesterday I took an impromptu 2-hour nap on the couch. Leading up to those times, I feel a lot better than I did even a month ago. I just still need to remember to listen, relax, & rest. :heart:

4 Likes

I’m glad your tea time helped along with the extra dose of rest! :heart: I hope you continue to regain your energy and feel good, Jessica! :blush:

I really love this idea- well said, Colin! Sometimes we need more rest than other times, in which case our awareness of ourselves and our needs should take priority over set schedules. It’s important to do those self check-ins and see where we are at :blush::+1:

5 Likes

@colin well said! I actually took this advice and took a mental health day from work today. I’m going to take it easy and give my body and mind the rest it apparently needs. I definitely need to start doing more frequent self-check-ins.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.