Are You a Nemophilist?

Nemophilist:
A person who loves or is fond of woods or forests.

Google Photos

Google Photos

22 Likes

I know I am!! :smirk::deciduous_tree::chipmunk:

10 Likes

Me too! @christina4

10 Likes

Yes, definitely! One of the best places to go when you need some quiet time and to relax. :deciduous_tree: :chipmunk: :deer: :leaves:

10 Likes

I am too. I find them soothing and mystical. Even though I am a water element, the forest for me is a place of relaxation and uniqueness.

11 Likes

I am indeed :grinning: nice word :heart:

8 Likes

Can I like just the edges? LOL! I’m afraid I’d get lost if I went all the way in. Not to mention my rollator doesn’t like the forest either. LOL.

9 Likes

Absolutely. They’ve always felt magical and full of wonder to me.

7 Likes

The forum has been teaching me so many fun words I had never heard of before- “Nemophilist” and also “Pluviophile” :cloud_with_rain: and “Ceraunophilia” :zap: I love these words that embody feelings so well :blush:

When it comes to the woods, I’m like @Amethyst- I love them, but I certainly feel safer sticking to the edge or on paths that I know well! :national_park:

I’m moving today and going to stay out in the countryside in a place surrounded by forest for a while, so I actually spent some time researching Artemis- the Greek Goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, animals, deep forest, and protector of unmarried women :deer: :bow_and_arrow: :deciduous_tree:

Artemis seems like the perfect diety for Nemophilists, not to mention that she’s a Moon Goddess too! :full_moon:

12 Likes

Yes!! Growing up in the city I never knew I was one but since moving to Oregon I can say I have the privilege to be a nemophilist! :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree:

Here’s a photo I took a while back. I have some friends who lived in a yurt and this was nearby, it had an art studio inside! :art:

And another photo I took in a national forest since we’re on it… yay for Oregon!

13 Likes

Absolutely!!! You can like whatever you’d like!! :grin:

9 Likes

That’s very interesting!! A yert, I’ve never heard of that. I’ve seen them but I didn’t think too much as if they were named.

8 Likes

I did not know this!! Thanks for the info! I’m learning so much today!! :pray:

9 Likes

Hi! Yes, what strange synchronicity. I ran into this word in mid June and added it to my IG profile! Just don’t call me a nemophiliac :grin:

8 Likes

That sounds like a perfect spot for some heavy witchcraft, I hope it serves you well.

8 Likes

I definitely appreciate nature, but I also appreciate the artificial. Both are a part of my life. I’ve always liked technology.

8 Likes

Thank you, Colin! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m with you on this one :+1: I used to think of nature and technology as opposing forces, but recently I’ve begun to see things in a different light. I still wouldn’t consider myself a Techno Witch, and I definitely need my breaks away from electronics :sweat_smile: , but now I try to see the times when technology can compliment nature.

I think technology, like magick, is just a force/tool that we can use :open_hands: . Broken down to their basics, even computer or car parts originally came from nature. And one day (with hopefully better sustainable recycling processes) they may return to the earth :earth_africa: :blush::deciduous_tree:

9 Likes

I think i am too! Love, woods, forest and camping!

6 Likes

Such beauty! Oregon is on my travel list someday! And yes a Yurt sounds amazing! Right up there with a Tiny house.

7 Likes

I understand. I believe artificial things deserve just as much respect as the natural world in their own right. Well stated.

4 Likes