Black Mirror question

I am getting ready to purify my black mirror tonight but it has to be in the moonlight outside with 9 lit candles and the ritual I want to do would take too long and I could not devote complete focus because of the cold, snow and wind chill factor. My question is can I have the mirror sit outside for an amount of time in the moon light, bring it in and finish the ritual at my altar in my office? Or should I wait until summer?

TIA. Now I am off to take my daughter to work :confused:

8 Likes

I’m sorry @Magdelina, I really couldn’t say without seeing all of the instructions. I don’t see why not though. I mean, if you think about it, witches five hundred years ago wouldn’t do things out in the moonlight for fear of being stoned or something. Do what feels right to you.

9 Likes

Indoor rituals are just as valid as outdoor rituals! It seems that you have already figured a way to adapt the ritual to your circumstances :+1:

I agree with placing the mirror outside, or try charging some water with tonight’s Full Moon energy and then use that Moon Water to clean your mirror. :droplet:

8 Likes

I like @Francisco & @Amethyst suggestions & I feel the same way, if you have to adapt the instructions to work with you that is fine as long as the intention is there from you. I do rituals in the winter inside because my body cannot be in the cold, we’ve also had a lot of rain & snow so I can’t be outside at night. My crystals are really taking the brunt of this because I don’t have any windows that have moonlight! Of course, that would happen to me.

I hope that it worked out for you. Leaving the mirror out or the moon water cleansing should be enough for you & it’s a good adaptation.

8 Likes

Adding my voice to the wisdom of the others here- I also agree that it is perfectly fine to adapt the ritual to suit your situation and needs! :grin::+1:

When it comes to magick, it’s all about making it your own. Kind of like how clothes come in different sizes- we may all have the same shirt, but each size is slightly different to suit our unique natural shapes :tshirt: :blush: Magick is the same- it should be comfortable for you! :raised_hands:

Good luck purifying your black mirror! :sparkles:

8 Likes