Brigid Flametender

I have found a lot of stories that I especially like about Her recently. I also found a connection with her & the Morrigan that I am going to explore by reading the associated stories that hint at the relationship. So I’m excited to have something to dive into!

6 Likes

I figure I’d tend the fire.

7 Likes

Thank you for tending the flame! I hope you have a great day!

6 Likes

Friday, December 24, 2021

I made it to Friday! The family is home today & yesterday evening I got all the wrapping except for my husband done. So I’ll be sending him on an adventure today.

I woke up & went to the front door. I looked outside & it’s snowing! There is a good layer of big & thick flakes on the ground right now. It’s been a while since we had snow on Christmas.

Image Source Credit

The Way of Brighid Oracle Draw

Monastery

• For Balance

St. Brighid founded a dual monastery in Kildare, Ireland for both nuns & monks. Even though men and women lived within the same area they were separated for worship, as well as other mundane activities.

Brighid senses you are struggling with a feeling of separation in your own life. Consider what you need to do to balance your life and connect more deeply. What action can you take today to bring yourself closer to the feeling of harmony within yourself, with the Earth and with the Divine?

YOU ARE HARMONY

I hope everyone has a great day & evening. :two_hearts:

:infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Saturday, December 25, 2021

It’s an interesting day for me. For the first time in 20 years (+/- 2 years) that I haven’t been Santa :santa: with my husband. My children aren’t little anymore. I’m going, to be honest, it hurts a little bit. Everything has changed & I knew it would happen sooner or later, but I wasn’t ready for it to be this year.

We have frozen patchy :snowflake: snow layers on the ground today from yesterday. Mostly a white Christmas :christmas_tree: It is also the 4th day of Yule! Since it’s Saturday, a good day to spend with the family & enjoy the time we do have.

max-beck-c72eCrOstC4-unsplash
Image Source Credit

Snowdrop

• For Beauty

A harbinger of the returning warmth of the sun, the snowdrop is a delicate flower reflecting the beauty of spring.

Allow yourself to take moments throughout your day to gaze upon the beauty of nature. What gifts have Mother Earth unwrapped for you today? As you experience this beauty, breathe it into your being. Breathe this pure, simple beauty deep into your core. Allow yourself to feel and be beauty.

YOU ARE BEAUTY

I hope everyone has a great day & evening. I hope everyone continues to have a wonderful Yule time. For those that also have a Christmas Celebration, Merry Christmas & I hope you everyone has day filled with love & gratitude. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Beautiful flame, love! Hope you and yours have a good day!

6 Likes

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far.

The snow is gone & completely turned to rain. As hard as yesterday may have been at times, it still ranks as my top Christmas. All the kids were home, my husband was home, everyone was smiling & loving their gifts. We had prime rib that was delicious for dinner & after that we watched movies & they all played card games until it was time for bed.

Image Source Credit

Danu

• For Sacred in the Mundane

The goddess Brighid is a daughter of the mother goddess Danu, from whom the ancient Tuatha De Danaan are named.

Danu supports her people thru the sacred nourishment of the Earth. She reminds her people that the Divine exists in all things. Perhaps your life is filled with mundane routine, and you feel out of touch with the sacred. Today invite in the Divine. Give reverence and gratitude as you move through your day, creating sacred in the mundane.

YOU ARE DIVINE ALL IS SACRED

It’s funny, yesterday, well for a couple of days, I have felt my connection to the Divine slipping away. The only thing I could come up with is that I was so hyper focused on my family having a good Christmas, that I forgot to really take care of me. I gave gratitude to my deities, but as far as my daily sacred things that I usually do, I let everyone having a great Christmas keep me from doing my things. Meditation, journaling, anything in my room that has to do with candles or incense or witchy anything. I was out of balance for the weekend. I’m going to actively work on bringing the Sacred back to the Mundane again.

5 Likes

It’s difficult to balance family and spirituality at times, I’m sure you’ll get it back on an even keel. I have faith in you!

5 Likes

Monday, December 27, 2021

Good morning, everyone! Start of a new week! & subsequently, the last week of the year! Almost EXACTLY! That never happens!

The cold has officially settled in here. Time for me to find my compressions or my joints will be miserable this season, I can tell by how cold it is right now! That’s okay, warm is my thing.

Fox

• For Wildness

Brighid communes with both the flora and fauna of nature. She shares a special affinity with the fox, a creature representing the mystique of the wildwood.

Brighid recognizes that you need to connect with the wild. Spend time visualizing your favorite wild place. Visit this place in your mind, engaging all of your senses. Embrace this wildness within your being and allow this primal aspect of yourself to be unencumbered and free.

YOU ARE WILD

Apparently more wild is needed in life? Didn’t I recently pull this card? I feel like it was last week or a few days ago, anyway, this is the one that decided today was going to be it’s day. Make it a point to spend at the very least a few minutes being in the wild & engaging your senses to be there.

5 Likes

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Good morning, everyone! Tuesday is here & it’s hopefully going to have some sunshine :sun: for a change of pace!

I went to bed sort of early. Just felt that I needed the rest & there wasn’t much else going on really. I decided to start fresh on a new day! :two_hearts:

Laughter

• For Hope

Infused with spirit and joy, laughter is one of Brighid’s favorite healing modalities. Laughter brings us into the present moment and fills us with optimism and hope.

Brighid invites you bring laughter into your life often. Recall an amusing event from memory that tickles your funny bone. Share this story with someone with whom you can laugh and giggle. At times when you are in need of hope, recall this experience. Allow laughter to heal the moment.

YOU ARE FILLED WITH HOPE

I’m going to spend some time on this one today. Laughing is a wonderful healer & I’m sure that my daughter & I can come up with a few things to giggle about today! :joy:

6 Likes

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Good morning, everyone! Halfway through the week & closer to the New Year!

There isn’t much going on today, I got most of it done yesterday & I have nowhere to be today either. :two_hearts:

Monestary

• For Balance

St. Brighid founded a dual monastery in Kildare, Ireland for both nuns & monks. Even though men and women lived within the same area they were separated for worship, as well as other mundane activities.

Brighid senses you are struggling with a feeling of separation in your own life. Consider what you need to do to balance your life and connect more deeply. What action can you take today to bring yourself closer to the feeling of harmony within yourself, with the Earth and with the Divine?

YOU ARE HARMONY

I hope everyone has a great day! :blush:

5 Likes

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Good morning, everyone! Happy Thursday! My daughter went to work with my husband today. My oldest tested negative for Covid & can go back to work. So, the pups & I are going to have the house today!

On a side note, I have been able to talk to my Dad twice this week & I felt good after talking to him. I miss my family this time of year. :two_hearts:

Image Source Credit

Tuatha de Danaan

• For the Ancestors

The Tuatha de Danaan are the ancient fairy race of Ireland. When the Celtic people arrived, some of this race mated with the humans. On this mystical island, the fairies are the ancestors. They are one within us.

You are asked to call upon the ancestors (and the fairies) to guide you. What area of your life calls upon the wisdom of ages? Be specific in your question and ask with a pure and open heart. In the silence and the stillness, believe and receive.

YOU ARE ONE

I hope everyone has a great day! :blush:

5 Likes

Friday, December 31, 2021

Good morning, everyone! Happy New Year’s Eve or Day if it’s already changed over where you are in the world!

Image Source Credit

Releasing 2021 with burning & tomorrow is a new year, new day, new beginning! :partying_face: :triquetra: :pentacle_tarot:

The Curragh

• For Freedom

A lush grassy expanse, interminably covered with Brighid’s green mantle, the curragh offers you the gift of freedom.

Visualize laying on this sweet and verdant plain, arms and legs spread. Allow release. You are Free. You are unencumbered by life. What does this mean to you? What does it mean to live free? Allow yourself to remember what freedom feels like. Know that you can live free.

YOU ARE FREE

I hope everyone has a great day & have safe night! :blush:

6 Likes

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Good morning, everyone! Happy New Year’s & I hope everyone has a great weekend starting out! :partying_face:

It was a quiet evening at home & then I had most of my family home with me when “the ball dropped”… we had a nice time & then shortly after, we went to bed :sleeping:

myriam-zilles-L3FwT4qMeT0-unsplash
Image Source Credit

Laughter

• For Hope

Infused with spirit and joy, laughter is one of Brighid’s favorite healing modalities. Laughter brings us into the present moment and fills us with optimism and hope.

Brighid invites you bring laughter into your life often. Recall an amusing event from memory that tickles your funny bone. Share this story with someone with whom you can laugh and giggle. At times when you are in need of hope, recall this experience. Allow laughter to heal the moment.

YOU ARE FILLED WITH HOPE

I hope everyone has a great day & weekend! The New Moon is tomorrow night too :new_moon: Perfect timing :blush:

5 Likes

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Good morning, we have the leftovers of overnight rain outside, so everything is wet & still kind of dark & gray. The birds are talking though, so they are enjoying the lack of rain while they can this morning.

I don’t have any major plans for the day. I do have to check our fire pit to see if it stayed dry enough over the last couple of days. I just would like to have a fire before it gets to into January & the snow covers the pit.

freestocks-kVv8AvoKJ7g-unsplash
Image Source Credit

Maiden of Spring

• For Birth

Brighid appears as a young maiden in the spring, leaving snowdrops in her wake as she moves across the land.

Now is the time for you to consider what metaphysical seeds you have been germinating. The newness and rebirth of spring has arrived in your life, bringing the opportunity to nourish and tend to these seeds. Allow yourself to give life to an idea, a dream or a new venture.

YOU ARE GIVING BIRTH TO A DREAM

I’m hoping for another easy day. I do have a couple of errands to run, but other than that I should be around all day. :blush:

7 Likes

Monday, January 3, 2022

Good morning, we have a snow :snowflake: warning. 1 – 5 inches along ‘The Cape’ starting at 10 AM. However, tomorrow is going to be sunny :sun: & in the ’50s.

My daughter is back to school :school: & the men are back at work. Between Covid & the Holidays, we have some catching up to do. In MA the state will reimburse the company for up to 40 hours due to Covid. Of course, a little bit later than when my son had it, they changed the rules to only needing to be out 5 days if you show no symptoms or 10 days if you are positive. If you are vaccinated & been exposed/in close contact then you have to wear a mask for at least 5 days (& whenever required by the area/facility requires) as long as you are not showing symptoms. It’s all highly confusing because the state has rules, schools have their rules, & workplaces have their rules along with medical facilities. & they are constantly changing. Especially where each rule differs for vaccinated & unvaccinated people. 3 out of 5 people in my house are vaccinated. The other 2 are not vaccinated. So it’s like an experiment in my house with Covid rules changing all the time.

Image Source Credit

Imbolc

• For Awakening

Brighid’s Day, also known as Imbolc, is celebrated on February 1 to rejoice in the promise of spring and Brighid’s blessings.

Brighid asks you to consider what has lain dormant in your life that now needs to be (re)awakened as the Earth renews under the waxing sun. Visualize this emergence in your life, holding the vision for at least 33 seconds. Allow yourself to repeat this visualization often and feel the rekindling in your life.

YOU ARE AWAKE

I’m taking it slow today, it’s my mother’s birthday today. So I think I am going to write her a letter & just let myself feel what I need to feel to get through today.

6 Likes

I’m just catching up on these and it’s amazing looking back and seeing how each of the Oracle cards tied in with what happened that day- these are a blessing, @Susurrus! :heart:

Thank you for tending the flame and sharing these guiding messages for each day, they are always a joy to read! :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria As it is my oracle card draws whether from Brighid or the Celtic Tree are so in tune with what is going on with me each day, it’s a little unsettling :rofl:

I really hope that they assist others in the coven, but just 1 other member is a blessing & well worth it each day!

5 Likes

I hope that letter helps you to heal and you get to feeling better about things. I’ll be sending you mental hugs today, love! My Mom’s birthday is on the 7th and I know how that is.

5 Likes

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Good morning, as per usual, New England weather does what it wants, especially when it pertains to Cape Cod. Our end didn’t anything worth mentioning, but lower Cape… they had the plows, sanders, laborers out until midnight.

It is however in the 20s, so compressions it is for today. & much to my daughter’s dismay, a hooded winter coat. Her argument is that the only time she needs it is if she is walking or sometimes on the bus, but she is not going to put a hat or gloves in her pockets or sleeves. They take up too much space.

Image Source Credit

The Cow

For Abundance

Brighid roamed the hills of Ireland with a white red-eared cow as her companion. This cow was famous for her ability to give limitless milk.

Where in your life would like to milk abundance? What limits are preventing this? Brighid wants you to know life’s bounty can be yours. Welcome abundance into your life. Give gratitude. Allow yourself to feel bounteous in all aspects of your life.

YOU ARE ABUNDANT

8 Likes