Brigid Flametender

@Susurrus, I love these cards. I ordered them yesterday, can’t wait to get them! Thank you so much for sharing these!

6 Likes

You are so welcome! They are very helpful to me in my practice & when honoring Brigid. They are small but so worth it. :two_hearts: I hope you enjoy them also & can use them within your practice.

6 Likes

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Good morning! :sunrise: I got to see the sun breaking the horizon & the sky was a lovely shade of pinks :heartpulse:

I have my daughter home today, excused absence, because of a threatening message in a bathroom that something is happening at her school today. It specifically said this date & she nor I were comfortable with her going to school preoccupied with a supposed threat that may or may not be a hoax. No backpacks or bags are allowed at the school today, lockers are subject to search, increased police in & out of the school. Too much stress to focus on schoolwork, or it would be for me. So she is home.

Image Source Credit - Unsplash

The Way of Brighid Oracle Draw

Tuatha de Danaan

• For the Ancestors

The Tuatha de Danaan are the ancient fairy race of Ireland. When the Celtic people arrived, some of this race mated with the humans. On this mystical island, the fairies are the ancestors. They are one within us.

You are asked to call upon the ancestors (and the fairies) to guide you. What area of your life calls upon the wisdom of ages? Be specific in your question and ask with a pure and open heart. In the silence and the stillness, believe and receive.

YOU ARE ONE

:infinite_roots:

8 Likes

I love the picture you included today, the sun peeping between the trees. Beautiful!

I’m so sorry about the threat. That must be so scary. I hope they catch the person who issued it. Good luck!

7 Likes

That picture just yelled at me to use it! :rofl:

It was a bit of a shock, I guess it was written in purple crayon on a wall in the school. I believe that bathroom because I don’t think they can put cameras in there for privacy reasons. Anyway, 7th grade is already stressful enough for the kids, I don’t need her worrying about being ready in a moments notice to hide or evacuate for her safety. Nope, won’t put her through that at 12 years old.

Thank you! I should find out from the school later today about what is going on for tomorrow.

7 Likes

I don’t blame you! I hope she’s able to go back to school tomorrow and feel safe. Will be thinking of you!

6 Likes

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Good morning! It was very rainy last night so it’s cold & raw outside right now.

Today I have “fun with appliances” to work on, 1 I need to call for service & the other I had to clean with bleach & reset it. Now time to get as caught up as I can I guess. :woman_shrugging:

nikita-velikanin-m_WAE-XFPnI-unsplash

Snowdrop

• For Beauty

A harbinger of the returning warmth of the sun, the snowdrop is a delicate flower reflecting the beauty of spring.

Allow yourself to take moments throughout your day to gaze upon the beauty of nature. What gifts have Mother Earth unwrapped for you today? As you experience this beauty, breathe it into your being. Breathe this pure, simple beauty deep into your core. Allow yourself to feel and be beauty.

YOU ARE BEAUTY

6 Likes

Something I make time for regularly, sometimes daily. I love to be outside in general, but to stand and absorb the elements around you is a different level. :clap:

5 Likes

Friday, January 7, 2022

Good morning! Today we are having a snowstorm. It’s gorgeous to watch everything blanketed with undisturbed snow while it’s falling with large flakes & clusters of flakes. :snowflake:

My daughter is home with me today & my 2nd son has been working since 3:30AM with his father plowing. My son is still on the plow/cleanup crew while my husband is the mechanic for all the things. So it’s a little stressful. The area they are in had a storm & snow a couple days this week already, so this just adds to it.

It’s been a while since I shared my flame for the daily post.

I set up my altar with my statue for her & offerings. Milk, honey, coins, agate, citrine, garnet, & clear quartz with a white tealight. (Someday I would like to have a statue of her likeness or a nice picture of her. I may see if I can have 1 printed for my altar.

The Flame

• For Faith

To this day, Brighid’s flame burns in Kildare, Ireland. For thousands of years, 19 of Brighid’s priestesses and nuns watched over the sacred fire. On the 20th night Brighid herself tended the fire although no fuel was used or ash produced.

Brighid asks you to believe. Have faith and the courage to know that all is in right order. There is a specific area in your life where you are in need of trust. Ask for assistance. Surrender doubt. Allow the mystery of faith to unfold.

YOU ARE TRUST

7 Likes

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Good morning! Now we have ice! We only got about 2 ½ inches of snow, but then it all froze & slushed over. So outside is cold & crunchy. :rofl:

I know it’s the same picture from yesterday, but the same setup is being used this morning. So instead of taking the same picture again, I posted the one I used yesterday. :heart_eyes:

Water

• For Wisdom

Today, call upon Brighid, Lady of Water, to receive the blessing of wisdom.

You are invited to drink from Brighid’s sacred well of wisdom. Visualize a lush garden with a trickling stream curving through banks of wild herbs. You are filled with deep peace. Scoop your hand into the water and bring her healing essence to your lips. Drink deeply. Allow stillness. In the silence, receive Brighid’s wisdom.

YOU ARE YOU ARE WISE

8 Likes

Thank you for those beautiful words @Susurrus. I am meditating on each one of these: :relieved:

9 Likes

You’re welcome @Francisco! I love when the cards recommend a visualization or short meditation. I do the same thing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Good morning! Always love New England, 40s & the rain today! I’m having a good morning. I have done my offering & meditation this morning & took care of something that needed to be done regarding the passing of my mother.

1 of Brighid’s offerings can be burning a white candle. I typically use my white tealights for Her, so this image seemed fitting.

Brighid’s Mantle

• For Manifesting

Brighid’s mantle manifests magic and miracle. When four of her aide women each took a corner and walked in the four directions, the cloak grew and grew until it covered the plains of the Curragh in Ireland.

Brighid asks you to visualize what in your life you wish to manifest. Conjure up that dream and make it bigger. And now, even bigger. Allow your dream to grow and expand, like the magic of Brighid’s cloak. You can realize all that you believe!

YOU ARE A MANIFESTOR OF DREAMS

This is 1 of my favorite cards to draw. The story is just beautiful.

9 Likes

Nice draw today! And a lovely picture too! Thanks so much @Susurrus!

6 Likes

Monday, January 10, 2022

Good morning! I hope everyone is having a great start to their new week! It’s very cold :cold_face: here, so time for the compressions, hats, gloves… good times. Yay for delivery services! My joints just can’t do the cold anymore. :woman_shrugging:

Honey

• For the Sweetness of Life

A divine gift from the magical bees, Brighid and the Celtic people revered honey, as a mighty healer for the body.

Allow honey to help you recall the sweetness in your life. What are 3 things that have enhanced this day for you? Give yourself the gift of being totally present to experience the sweetness. Give gratitude. Allow yourself to feel the beauty of life, like the flowers that inspire and nurture the bees.

YOU ARE FILLED WITH GRATITUDE

7 Likes

Monday, January 11, 2022

Good morning! Below 0 temperatures today, so not so much doing the outside thing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: , I hope others have some warmer climates to enjoy. This is my hibernation time until the ground thaws & there’s no chance for snow. There was that 1 time we had a snowstorm on April 1st, but that hasn’t happened since I was in high school.

The Cow

• For Abundance

Brighid roamed the hills of Ireland with a white red-eared cow as her companion. This cow was famous for her ability to give limitless milk.

Where in your life would like to milk abundance? What limits are preventing this? Brighid wants you to know life’s bounty can be yours. Welcome abundance into your life. Give gratitude. Allow yourself to feel bounteous in all aspects of your life.

YOU ARE ABUNDANT

8 Likes

:grimacing:YIKES! I will not tell you the temps I enjoyed today my dear friend @Susurrus BUT I will send some warm love your way instead!

7 Likes

We are sitting at 33 right now here in SC, expected to go down to 29. I turned on the heat today for the first time this year.
Enjoy your hibernation period… :smiley:

7 Likes

@LadyAuld.ofChico & @Rowan… with the wind chill it was -6 outside. It’s actually warmed up to 21!

It’s okay my father lives in FL, my brother in NC but spends the weekends in GA on a lake… so I get filled in quite a bit actually :rofl:

We turned the actual heat on around last week & definitely over the weekend, we have an electric fireplace in the living room that we have had on when people are in the living room at night.

6 Likes

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Good afternoon! Sorry for the late posting, I had stuff going on & school drop off the whole shebang. I hope everyone else’s day was good & energy flowing!

Honey

• For the Sweetness of Life

A divine gift from the magical bees, Brighid and the Celtic people revered honey, as a mighty healer for the body.

Allow honey to help you recall the sweetness in your life. What are 3 things that have enhanced this day for you? Give yourself the gift of being totally present to experience the sweetness. Give gratitude. Allow yourself to feel the beauty of life, like the flowers that inspire and nurture the bees.

I know I just pulled this the other day, so someone needs it. Maybe it’s me! I’m going to connect with Her & give gratitude. Remember to give Gratitude.

7 Likes