Challenge Entry: Collector of Crystals - Jess' Collection

:clock3: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!
:gem: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Heed the Call of Crystals

First of all I would like to start with… My name is Jess and I have a problem.

Ok as soon as I saw this one. I was like yupsies… this is totally one I’d like to do. I adore my crystals. I try to work with them in almost every aspect of my craft. I try and incorporate them into my spell work as much as I can, especially ones that I write myself. I talk to my crystals a lot. I say good morning to them, I apologise to them when I accidentally drop them, you know things like that. I know it’s a little strange.

I have only just started collecting properly really in the last few months after I ended things with Mitch. I would always hide my crystals when he would be around as he didn’t appreciate them and he couldn’t understand why I wanted to spend my money on “rocks”. I think he seemed to think that any money that I had spare to spend on myself to buy myself nice things should have been added to the money that I was giving him every pay.

I am very proud of my little collection. So here it is…

My points and spheres:

Lapis Lazuli sphere, Clear Quartz point, Black Tourmaline point, Sodalite point, Smoky Quartz point, Amazonite point, Green Aventurine point, Blue Aura Quartz sphere, Moonstone point, Rose Quartz point, Black Obsidian point, Lilac Aura Quartz sphere and Amethyst point.

My Days of the Week Crystals:

Monday: Aquamarine, Tuesday: Bloodstone, Wednesday: Citrine, Thursday: Turquoise, Friday: Rose Quartz, Saturday: Amethyst and Sunday: Tiger’s Eye.

Daily Protection and Grounding Crystals:

Black Tourmaline and Smoky Quartz

My Lupus Support Crystals:

Jade, Bloodstone, Smokey Quartz, Hematite, Carnelian, Malachite, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Rhodonite, Amber, Chrysocolla, Clear Quartz, and Calcite.

Mum’s Crohn’s Disease Support Crystals:

(I’ll add a photo when I get home from work today)

Green Tourmaline, Black Tourmaline, Chrysocolla, Yellow Jaspar, Hawks Eye, Amethyst and Clear Quartz.

My Chakra Meditation Crystals:

Crown Chakra: Amethyst, Third Eye Chakra: Sodalite, Throat Chakra: Blue Lace Agate, Heart Chakra: Rose Quartz, Solar Plexus Chakra: Citrine, Sacral Chakra: Tiger’s Eye and Root Chakra: Black Obsidian.

My Emotional Healing Crystal Kits 1, 2 and 3:

Rose Quartz, Chrysoprase, Black Obsidian, Unakite, Fuchsite, Carnelian and Apache’s Tear.

Pink Kunzite, Clear Quartz, Green Aventurine and Blue Calcite.

Chrysocolla, Golden Healer, Blue Kyanite and Amazonite.

My Altar Crystals:

Selenite, Moonstone sphere and Raw Amethyst.

My Selenite Cleansers and Chargers:

My Worry Stones:

Black Obsidian, Black Tourmaline, Rose Quartz, Clear Quartz and Moonstone.

A Little Bunch of Tumbles that I Have collected Here and There over the Years:

A Couple of Crystal Spells Books:

‘Enchanted Crystal Magic: Spells, Grids & Potions to Manifest Your Desires’ by Pamela Chen and ‘The Crystal Witch: Magickal Way to Calm and Heal the Body, Mind, and Spirit’ by Shawn Robbins and Leanna Greenaway.

15 Likes

How pretty! You have a lovely collection!

9 Likes

I am so glad I’m not the only one who does this- solidarity, Jessica! :joy::+1: :heart:

I think it’s a good test of what is important to you (or which things you believe have a “spirit” if you believe in animism). If you find yourself feeling bad or apologizing after dropping something, then it’s probably pretty important to you!

For me, the worst is when I drop or even just bump a plant. I always feel so bad afterwards, even if it turns out to be fine :scream: :blossom:

You have every right to be proud of your collection- it’s stunning!! :star_struck: You have so many gorgeous crystals of all shapes, sizes, and colors. I feel happy just looking at all the pretty shinies you’ve gathered :sparkles::gem:

Thank you so much for sharing- your collection is a delight to see! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Yup, I do this too! I tell them I love them all the time as well! :heart: :sparkles: :purple_heart:

Agreed! And it’s no surprise to me that you, @BryWisteria, me, and @jessica72 all do this! We’re kindred spirits, after all! :heart: :heart: :heart: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Beautiful crystals! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :gem:
It would be strange not to love them.

8 Likes

Beautiful collection… I was looking for some good crystal books, thanks for sharing💜

8 Likes

I love this entry & now want to go love on my crystals. I have them EVERYWHERE in my room. :smiling_face:

I had these little cloth (they remind me of a Japanese style) drawstring bags in different colors & the embroidery is in gold thread. When Peanut was much younger, she loved these little pouches, so I gave them to her to put her secrets in & keep them safe. (I think she has my trouble dolls too, I found them & she liked them too) Anyway, she gave them back to me a few days ago. She said that now she doesn’t know what to do with them & thought I could use them in my witchiness.

I have been carrying crystals while I am going through some deep shadow work that are related to the Morrigan, protection & the black tourmaline rune I draw for the day. I keep them in 1 of the pouches my daughter gave back to me. So they are perfect for pouch types of spells & an easy way to carry my crystals with me for the day.

I still adore the coffin. I have a crescent moon with the moon phases & it has 3 shelves. One shelf has my crystal chips & wand, the next one is spheres with my towers & a couple of smaller tumbles then the bottom is my trees & pyramids. I would definitely do something with my crystals & a coffin shelf, I would find a spot for it. :laughing:

I talk to my crystals & tell them they are pretty & ask them how they are doing? :rofl:

9 Likes

That’s so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Hooray! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :people_hugging:

Ohhhh the bags sound beautiful, Siofra! :heart_eyes: You can definitely use them for spell pouches, I think that’s a great idea!

And I love that you talk to your crystals too- sounds like we’re all in the same boat around here! :gem: :laughing: :+1:

5 Likes

I’m using a dark purple one right now for crystals in my pocket. There were 2 of every color, so she must have some for something in her room & the rest she didn’t know what else to do with :smiling_face:

6 Likes

They’re beautiful, Siofra- perfect spell pouch bags! :sparkles::purse:

5 Likes

Those are NICE! Really lovely, @Susurrus. Perfect spell bags!

5 Likes

They are drawstring, so easy & just right.

4 Likes