Challenge Entry - Empaths & Empathic Abiities

Challenge Entry: Empaths & Empathic Abilities

I have always considered myself intuitive. I am uncanny with my first impression accuracy. Only once did I not listen to my intuition and intentionally let down my guard to my detriment.

Empath Quiz

1. Have I been labeled as “overly sensitive,” shy, or introverted?
  2. Do I frequently get overwhelmed or anxious?
  3. Do arguments or yelling make me ill?
  4. Do I often feel like I don’t fit in?
  5. Am I drained by crowds and need alone time to revive myself?
  6. Am I overstimulated by noise, odors, or non-stop talkers?
  7. Do I have chemical sensitivities or can’t tolerate scratchy clothes?
  8. Do I prefer taking my own car places so I can leave early if I need to?
  9. Do I overeat to cope with stress?
  10. Am I afraid of becoming suffocated by intimate relationships?
  11. Do I startle easily?
  12. Do I react strongly to caffeine or medications?
  13. Do I have a low pain threshold?
  14. Do I tend to socially isolate?
  15. Do I absorb other people’s stress, emotions, or symptoms?
  16. Am I overwhelmed by multitasking and prefer doing one thing at a time?
  17. Do I replenish myself in nature?
  18. Do I need a long time to recuperate after being with difficult people or energy vampires?
  19. Do I feel better in small cities or the country than large cities?
  20. Do I prefer one-to-one interactions or small groups rather than large gatherings?
    (Source - (Are You an Empath? Take the Self-Assessment Test | Psychology Today))

I score 18/20.

Things like going to Walmart on a busy day, stress me out, drain my energy, and can wipe me out. Conversely, I can run 10+ miles with a friend or by myself which reduces my anxiety and doesn’t drain my mental energy.

I opted to use a bind rune on my pendant as my initial entry but wanted to look further into the topic and see if I could learn more about my Empathic Abilities.

But where do I start?

In a spiritual/magickal/witchy sense, how does one use their empathic abilities? I know reading auras is one, and it’s very new to me. I’d like to practice and strengthen it more, but I’m stumped as to what other abilities there are.

I bounced this question off a wonderful sounding board :black_heart: and received wonderful advice that sparked ideas and search terms. Down the :rabbit2: :hole: I went!

What Types of Empaths Are There?

Pinterest

It turns out I am a Geomantic, Plant, Animal, and Intuitive Empath. :exploding_head: :sweat:

Suddenly my heart is racing, my head hurts, I feel pressure, some responsibility to use my abilities, and guilt for not utilizing these abilities before…

Ok. Let’s step back. The infographic gave me topics to research further to see whether or not that label applied to me. I’ve listed the top traits that I have with each type.

(These descriptions come from https://spiritnourishment.com/types-of-empaths/)

Intuitive/Claircognizant Empath :fearful:

• You can pick up the energies of people
  • You can read between the lines and are a pro at connecting dots
  • You are a popular therapist in your friends and family circle
  • You understand a situation more clearly. Intuitive empaths can read people.
  • You are considered a great listener

Fauna/Animal Empath :cat2: :beaver:

• Animals draw you in more than people do. You’d rather be in the company of an animal than with people.
  • Animals come to you out of nowhere. (For me this happens with domestic and wild animals)
  • You prefer to work with animals over humans. (I have a degree in Wildlife Biology, have worked as a veterinary technician for over 10 years, work at an exotic animal facility with wolves, lions, lynx, tigers…)
  • You catch yourself randomly talking to animals.
  • You treat animals and humans alike and are highly emotional about their well-being. Animal empaths can easily make distinctions between similar-looking

Flora/Plant Empath :sunflower: :cactus:

:green_circle: Additional Source

• Nature is your best friend
  • :green_circle: Plants Flourish under your Care (you should see my plant shelf)
  • :green_circle: They use plants to promote physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being. (I have been taking herbalism classes for over a year)
  • They feel happy watching the greenery
  • If a plant is dying around them, their energy too gets sapped, and they will feel the fluctuations of seasons with the cycles of birth, bloom, and death (source)

Geomantic/Earth Empath:mountain: :ocean:

:earth_americas: Additional Source

• :earth_americas: Geomantic empaths are highly sensitive to the Earth’s vibrations and can feel changes in the weather and the seasons, often falling into depression during the darker winter months.
  • Lush green landscapes fill your heart with contentment
  • You escape in the nature
  • You surround yourself with plants
  • Sensually and energetically, you can feel the power of a thunderstorm, the loveliness of the moon, the warmth of the sun on your shoulders. (source)

So… now what?
How do I process all this new information to figure out what to do with it? What responsibility do I have now that I know about my empathic abilities? How do I shield myself? What self-care steps can I take? How do I call my energy back?

Sections

Get Outside | Shielding | Grounding | Herbs / Aromatherapy | Crystals | Protection Jar | Shielding Spray | Meditation/Visulaizaion | Chakra | Yoga | General SelfCare

istockphoto-1265083374-612x612

(Istockphoto)

Get Outside :hiking_boot: :woman_farmer:

• Forest Bathing
  • Walk barefooted on the earth
  • Lay down on the grass
  • Garden
  • Hug a tree

istockphoto-519707035-612x612
(istockphoto)

Shielding

White light protection

Generally used by many psychics, healers, and lightworkers, to help clear and ward off bad negative energies is the magical powers of white light….

You are a light being, and this divine light can help surround you with protection.

However, it is important to know how to cleanse any stagnant negative energies that you’re holding onto.

A great way to both raise your frequency and to protect yourself from foreign unwanted energies. Is by surrounding yourself with a light shield made from white light.

This helps protect you and your aura and is useful whenever you go anywhere there is a large crowd or anywhere you can sense a low vibe, especially if you feel there are energy vampires.

Surrounding yourself with a white light shield

Before surrounding yourself with a light shield it is worth remembering that you are the light and you can call upon it to protect you and your energy body whenever you ask.
You can do this by

1. Sitting in a comfortable position.
2. Relaxing your body and taking deep breaths in.
3. Visualizing a white light that surrounds you, entering and filling your entire body with every inhalation. Feeling it fill anything darkness you may feel inside.

You can also call out a mantra such as “I am the light.” If you want to strengthen the effect or use any other protective mantras.
Source

istockphoto-153778172-612x612
(istockphoto)

## **Grounding**

istockphoto-1192284372-612x612
(istockphoto)

Herbs :herb: / Aromatherapy :nose:

:warning: While herbal remedies can offer potential health benefits, it’s essential to approach them with caution, awareness, and informed decision-making. Consulting with a qualified healthcare professional before starting any new herbal remedy is strongly recommended, especially for individuals with pre-existing health conditions or those taking medications. :warning:

:gear: Nervine - A nervine refers to any substance or remedy that has a calming or soothing effect on the nervous system. Nervines can be herbs, supplements, or medications that are used to alleviate stress, anxiety, nervousness, or tension. They can help promote relaxation, improve sleep, and support overall nervous system health. These herbs can be consumed as teas, tinctures, or in supplement form to help calm the mind and body.

:gear: Adaptogen - An adaptogen is a natural substance, typically an herb or plant extract, that is believed to help the body adapt to stress and promote overall balance and well-being. Adaptogens are thought to work by supporting the body’s ability to resist and respond to stressors, whether they are physical, chemical, or biological in nature.

• St John’s wort - antidepressant, protection from negative energy
  • Rose - mood booster, love, positive energy
  • lemon balm -nervine - healing, focus, confidence, calming
  • chamomile - nervine - restores inner peace, calming, luck
  • milk oats - nervine - soothing, restorative
  • wood betony – nervine - protection, grounding, calming
  • Tulsi/Holy Basil - adaptogen - purification, energy balancing
  • Reishi - adaptogen - spirit boosting, connectedness
  • Ashwagandha - adaptogen - stability, healthy boundaries, balance
  • Lavender - nervine: purification, calming, relaxation
  • Passionflower -nervine - calming, tranquility, harmony
  • Skullcap – nervine - calming
  • Dill - spiritual protection, mental clarity
  • Hawthorn - compassion
  • Parsely - protection, purification
  • Rue - positivity, protection
  • Tarragon - banishing, protection, calm, confidence
  • Marigold - Celebrate the death of what no longer serves you
  • Rosemary - purification
  • Thyme - strength, removes bad luck
  • Frankincense - purification, opens third eye
  • Sage - protection, purification
  • Cypress - grounding
  • Melaleuca/Tea Tree - cleansing, protection
  • Oregano - happiness/joy
  • Ylang Ylang - resolution, cleansing, serenity
  • Palo Santo - cleansing

istockphoto-1318237729-612x612
(istockphoto)

Crystals :rock:

• Rose quartz - warmth, compassion, healing
  • smokey quartz - remove negative energies, grounding
  • clear quartz - protection, mental clarity, healing
  • amethyst - protection, healing
  • black tourmaline - repels negative energy and thoughts, protection
  • hematite - grounding, balancing, calm, centering
  • black obsidian - grounding, protection, focus, release negative energy
  • malachite - absorbs negative energies, protection, healing
  • citrine - manifestation, personal will, warm, comforting, clear the mind
  • lepidolite - provides inner peace, emotional balance
  • fluorite - harmony, ward off negative energies, protection, clarity of thought
  • black kyanite - stability, grounding
  • selenite - purify, cleanse, uplift

istockphoto-1294313480-612x612
(istockphoto)

Protection Jar

*Empath Protection Jar Spell

• Best 17 Protection Jar Ingredients for Empaths

Spray :spray_bottle:

istockphoto-1225776622-640x640
(istockphoto)

## **Meditation/Visualization** * Psychic dimmer - https://forum.spells8.com/t/protecting-my-energy/39463/6

istockphoto-482901779-612x612
(istockphoto)

## **Chakra** * [Unblock all Chakras](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxkyFCeWAxs)

istockphoto-1322925863-612x612
(istockphoto)

## **Yoga** * [15-minute energy clearing](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ouVNs5FgXA)

istockphoto-1323129896-612x612
(istockphoto)

# General Empath Self Care
  • spend time with your pet
  • pet sitting
  • Get a houseplant
  • plant a garden
  • Follow The Moon Phases
  • Take Crystals With You
  • Cleanse And Protect Your Home

To Strengthen

Source - https://jessicadimas.com/what-is-an-empath/

17 Likes

Wow! I am so impressed with your entry! You did a lot of research and introspection!

10 Likes

It said I’m full blown empath

12 Likes

You really are incredible with your lifelong connection to Hekate, witchcraft in addition to being such a powerful empath!!! :black_heart:

11 Likes

Amazing entry, @Artemisia! I love the depth and breadth of your research. It always fills me with joy to see someone interested enough in something to really dive deep. :sparkles: :black_heart:

I’m learning a lot here. Including how many types of empath I am. Which brings me back to what I felt when I first wrote my introduction here… Knowing this brings a sense of relief because now I can be conscious of it and find ways to both use it and handle any “downsides.” Perhaps “struggles resulting from this ability” is a better way to put it, but you know what I mean. :smile:

11 Likes

Told you I was getting carried away! But now I feel like I have my own “first aid kit” prepped so I don’t have to search everwhere to find things.

Honestly, it’s the first time since college (over 3 decades past) that I’ve really researched, collated, and assembled this much information on a topic. At least I don’t have to worry about getting a grade on this! :laughing: :x:

However doing all the research has helped ease a good portion of the What Now panic, as I have found some answers and direction.

Thanks for your guidance! :silver_heart:

12 Likes

I give you an A+! I’ve bookmarked lots of stuff to go back to, enriching my nightly meditations and offering further research for my own path.

Thank you for all you have done! :heartpulse:

10 Likes

I recently just finished restocking my in real life one of those, too. :laughing:

I agree with @georgia, though. A+! :white_check_mark: And everything else she said, too. :smile:

Always happy to think together. :silver_heart:

10 Likes

Dang you were so through! Impressed :princess::fairy::woman_elf::anatomical_heart:. Thank you for your hard work and resources

10 Likes

WOW :astonished: you put a lot of love into your entry super impressive

10 Likes

Wow! You did so amazing on this entry friend! I’m impressed☺️
This is all very good information for those who know nothing about being an empath, as well so those who do, and are interested in learning more in depth information about empathy and how to really harness and utilize your gift!
Thank you so much for taking the time to do all of the research and creating that was involve in making this post so wonderful!

7 Likes

What a treasure trove of wisdom and helpful resources! This is amazing, @Artemisia - you really embraced this topic heart and soul. I can tell it’s an important area for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you don’t mind if I go ahead and add a link to this excellent exploration of empathic powers to the Empath Masterpost. I know your wonderful work and reflections here will be very helpful for fellow coven members researching the topic in the future! :heart: :handshake:

Thank you so much for your deep dive into Empaths and their abilities- I especially liked the graphic and your exploration of the different types of Empaths. I’ve learned a lot!

Much gratitude and many blessings :pray:

8 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. If you had asked if there was an important topic to me 10 days ago, I would not have thought so. I suppose that’s why I love these challenges so very dearly. It brings up topics I haven’t considered or gives me time to think about how it affects my life and practice.

I feel like the past 12-14 months have been a time of change, reflection, acceptance and growth for me both personally and magically.

Thank you for creating these weekly opportunities! :pink_heart: :silver_heart: :pink_heart:

8 Likes

That makes me so happy to hear! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If the challenges have been helpful to you, then I consider them a big success. Although to be fair, they are simply an open door- you all are the brave ones who step up to the task and shine so brightly with your beautiful magick. All the credit belongs with you! :sparkles::blush:

You’ve been learning and growing and thriving, Artemisia, and I’ve got second-hand pride from seeing how far you’ve come on your journey! :heart: May you keep on soaring- I’m cheering for you :partying_face:

Thank you for taking part! :heart: Your entries are full of soul and always so inspirational. I know they will provide guidance, encouragement, and hope for fellow witches who read them now and in the future. They are a blessing! :pray: :two_hearts:

8 Likes