A Power & Energy Retrieval Ritual

This ritual is dedicated to those of us who often find themselves giving energy and support to others and the world around us, sometimes to an excessive degree. It serves as a reminder that while generosity and empathy are wonderful traits, it’s essential to ensure we also nourish ourselves and maintain a healthy balance. By taking a moment to practice self-care and replenish our own energy, we can continue to be a source of strength and compassion for others, without depleting our own reserves. This ritual encourages us to focus on our well-being, fostering a harmonious equilibrium between giving and receiving in our lives.

Call upon the elements

This aspect is entirely up to your personal preference for depth. Engaging in additional steps like these can often enhance our confidence and alignment with our work by setting a tangible environment. If you choose not to incorporate these elements, please feel free to proceed to the next section.

You will need:

• Something to represent each of the four elements. We will use candles here, but there are other options.
    • Earth: North. A rock or a crystal or salt.
    • Air: East. A feather or incense or your Book of Shadows.
    • Fire: South. A candle or something bright red.
    • Water: West. A bowl of water or a shell or a piece of sea glass.
  • Something to represent spirit. A pentacle or anything circular.

[Photo by Sixteen Miles Out]

First, we will light candles that correspond with the elements if we use them. Optionally, you can recite this to solidify our call further.

I call upon the earth to ground me, to give me strength and stability.
I call upon the air to clear my mind and give me clarity.
I call upon the fire to ignite my passions and motivations.
I call upon the water to cleanse and heal my spirit.

May you feel the strength of the elements within you. May you feel the power of your candles and your shield of light protecting you, and may you know you can reclaim your power and spirit.

Self mediation

Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. Let your body relax and release any tension or stress.

With each breath, you’ll feel your inner strength growing, while negative energies and emotions are released from your body and mind. You’ll experience a sense of relief, lightness, and freedom.

Recall moments when you felt powerless or drained or had your power taken away. Acknowledge any anger, frustration, or sadness that arises in your body, noting where you feel these emotions, like tightness in your chest.

Now, visualise a bright, glowing light above your head. This light symbolises your personal power and inner strength, which may have waned in the past.

As you breathe in, picture yourself drawing this light into your body, filling every part of your being with warmth and radiance. When you exhale, visualise releasing any negative energy or self-doubt that might be holding you back.

[Photo by Karen Alsop]

Focus on the sensation of the light permeating your body, from your toes to the top of your head. Allow it to cleanse you of any lingering negative energy from past experiences.

While you continue to breathe deeply and concentrate on the light, imagine all the power that was taken from you in the past returning to you. See yourself growing stronger, more confident, and more capable with each passing moment.

Affirmations

Repeat any or all of the following affirmations to yourself or develop your own.

Boundaries

I am reclaiming my power and strength. I will learn to love myself deeply and set healthy boundaries so that my energy will not be drained by those I try and help.

Remember, you can support others without sacrificing your entire self. Gaining the rest you deserve is crucial to recharge your strength. You don’t always have to be the one to rescue others. Neglecting self-care means there won’t be anyone left to look after you. If your mental well-being falters, your ability to assist others will also diminish. Your well-being matters; you are significant.

Strength

I am confident in my abilities.
I am capable of achieving my goals.
I am worthy of all the good things life has to offer.
I reclaim my inner strength, the wellspring of my potential.
I assert my right to pursue my dreams and desires with determination.
I release the burdens of negativity and past emotions that weigh me down.
And I wholeheartedly embrace the radiant light of love and compassion that surrounds me.
In this radiant light, I find the courage to face challenges head-on.
I discover within me the resilience to persevere through adversity.
With each step forward, I affirm my commitment to my own growth and well-being.
I acknowledge the power of positive thinking and optimism in shaping my reality.
So be it, I declare these affirmations with conviction.
And so it is, as I embark on my journey towards a brighter and more fulfilling future.

When you’re ready, gently open your eyes and take a few deep breaths before resuming your day.

[Photo by Evie S]

Meditation is most effective when approached with an open mind and a willingness to connect with your inner self. Through this meditation, you can step forward with a fresh sense of confidence and purpose as you reclaim your power and strength.

Ways to enhance your work

Crystals

Carnelian: This vibrant orange gemstone is renowned for enhancing courage, motivation, and self-assurance. It is believed to be a powerful catalyst for taking decisive action towards your aspirations and conquering the shackles of fear and self-doubt.

Citrine: Resplendent in its sunny yellow hue, citrine is celebrated for nurturing self-confidence, abundance, and the spark of creativity. It is considered an invaluable ally in unlocking your personal potential, empowering you to transcend feelings of helplessness and victimhood.

Black Onyx: This grounding gem, cloaked in deep black, is a symbol of strength, endurance, and unwavering resilience. It is said to be an anchor during turbulent times, providing the fortitude needed to surmount challenges and to assert oneself in the face of adversity.

Amethyst: With its soothing purple allure, amethyst is esteemed for promoting inner serenity, clarity, and heightened intuition. It is believed to be a conduit to one’s inner wisdom and personal power, aiding in moments of introspection and self-discovery.

[Photo by lilartsy]

Pyrite: Gleaming like molten gold, pyrite is renowned for bolstering confidence, willpower, and the ability to manifest one’s desires. It is thought to be a source of inner strength, assisting individuals in establishing and maintaining firm boundaries.

Herbs

Rosemary: This aromatic herb is traditionally associated with mental clarity, courage, and self-assuredness. It is believed to sharpen focus on your objectives and provide the strength to overcome self-doubt.

[Photo by Babette Landmesser]

Ginger: Known for its warming properties, ginger is thought to be a source of inner fortitude, motivation, and vitality. It is said to help combat feelings of fatigue and burnout, rekindling your energy and drive.

Sage: Revered as a cleansing herb, sage is believed to dispel negative energy, fostering mental clarity and wisdom. It is thought to facilitate the release of self-doubt and negativity, allowing one to regain a sense of personal empowerment.

Cinnamon: This spicy herb is believed to kindle creativity, confidence, and determination. It is said to aid in tapping into your inner strength and taking resolute action towards your goals.

St. John’s Wort: Known for promoting feelings of happiness and well-being, as well as inner strength and resilience, St. John’s Wort is believed to assist in overcoming sensations of depression or anxiety. It is considered a means of reclaiming personal power and inner balance.

20 Likes

This was my setup for mine last night/early this morning.

I used four elemental spell candles and a pentacle in the centre. The candles were scented, but we’ve got a heavy smoke haze over the city today, so I’m glad that was totally masked.

My boxed-up Hekate and Lilith altars also accompanied me, and I sat my Book of Shadows off to the side.

17 Likes

What a beautiful spell!

14 Likes

Oh my Gods, what a beautiful ritual! :heart_eyes: I’ve been feeling the need to do something similar to call my power back to me, my energy. I love this!

13 Likes

Thank you, @Amethyst and @MeganB. :black_heart:

It was really nice having the scene set like this. I love this part of rituals and such, where you can immerse yourself in a whole scene – the visuals, the smells, and sometimes the sounds, all coming together to form a place of peace. It feels almost as though you’ve frozen the moment in time because everything outside the ritual falls away and you’re just there, working with whoever/whatever you do, and for those moments, that practice is the entirety of your existence. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Oooh I love this and need this so much right now. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful ritual :heart::heart::heart:

13 Likes

Thank you, @JadeMermaid_Lara. :black_heart:

I thought I’d pop by again to emphasize the bit about the breathing.

inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth

If you do this, keep this pattern. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Count to 3 on the in and 4-5 on the out, if that helps. :smile:

The breathing is actually a big part of this, along with the visualisation of course, and makes quite a difference. :black_heart:

12 Likes

What a thoughtful ritual! :heart: I know there are many healers, energy workers, and kind souls around who spend a lot of time and energy looking after others. This is both an important reminder and a great activity for some nurturing self-care :hugs: :two_hearts:

Thank you for the beautiful ritual, @starborn- this is really a blessing!

Love and gratitude to you :pray: :sparkles:

12 Likes

I did my best to turn this into something pretty for a PDF, with a bunch of extra details including mantras one can use and some ideas for correspondences to add.

I’ve put it on my store as a cheap little thing (AU$5.49), but if anyone’s interested in reading a copy to give me some advice/feedback, I’d be happy to PM it to you (for free, I’m saying). :black_heart:

10 Likes

You most definitely succeeded at that mission- look at this masterpiece! It’s gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

You really have a talent for beautifying things, Katerina- fantastic job! :star2:

(This week is a bit hectic for me, but if next week comes and you’d still like a test reader to give feedback, let me know - I’d be happy to take a look for you! :heart:)

10 Likes

I second this, it is stunning! Great job!!

11 Likes

I finally got around to doing this again after planning to do so for a week or more. :smile:

I think it went better this time around now that I’ve had more practice with these things. I am more confident, more welcoming of positive energies, and more open to possibilities than I was the last time that I did this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s the closest, but there’s a glow around the fire candle that may be a sign that it’s time for a passionate approach to chasing my dreams. :sparkles:

:silver_heart: :black_heart:

14 Likes

@starborn Lovely ritual. Happy dream chasing :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

:fire: :sparkles: :blush:

I think your candles are cheering for you! (And I am too- go get those dreams of yours, Katerina! :partying_face: :heart:)

13 Likes

I think I need to order some candles and do this ritual soon… :thinking: potentially for the Full Moon. That seems like a good time!

12 Likes

Speaking of candles… I was thinking about them after doing this.

I know they’re not always practical because fire can be dangerous. But I started my thoughts thinking that they’re kind of a “cheat code” to making this ritual really easy. Because the whole goal is to gather back energy and candles are just constantly burning energy. Perhaps that extra energy available right in front of us can help us reach out into the universe to pull our own back, too.

But then, I started thinking about the other elements. Wind would be the same, no? Or the energy in the air from a storm. Falling rain or flowing water.

Oh gosh, imagine a small bonfire on the beach or a campfire next to a stream or river, with a cool breeze flowing through nearby trees and ruffling your hair. All the elements at once, right there. :heart_eyes:

But this is also not practical for everyone. The closest thing I have to a flowing stream is a tap in the apartment or, symbolically, the train line we live next to.

So, I kind of want to make another version of this that utilises whatever phenomenon is occurring around us at the time, even if it’s the flow of human creations. :thinking:

12 Likes

Ohhhhh…I have to do this sort of ritual on a regular basis as part of my personal self care. Let me share the music I listen to when I do my Power & Energy Retrieval Ritual. I have found it very beneficial for myself! Play it by itself or include it in the ceremony on repeat if you like :heart_on_fire::consecrate_spell:

12 Likes

Thank you~ :black_heart: I love how this sounds. It’s so relaxing but powerful at the same time. I’ll definitely use this myself next time. :smile:

11 Likes

I love candles!
excellent ritual Katerina!
you are great! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

10 Likes