Elemental Circle Casting by Kasie

First of all, I’ve got to explain a bit here. This is why I started a new topic, so I wouldn’t hog the page. When I was a little girl, long before I even knew paganism and Wicca was a real thing, I loved A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L’Engle. Well, I loved A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door too, but Planet had a special place in my heart because it had The Poem. The one that I wrote out and memorized and used when I was sad or lonely or scared.

When I went to sit down to write something I wanted something that would comfort me as that poem did, but that would be easy for me to remember. I don’t know if I’ve done either one just yet, it’s too early in the game. But I’m at least happy with what I wrote and can use it to cast a circle. That’s something.

Oh, and for all you wondering, in the last bit where I use the term bell, I mean an actual bell. I have a little silver bell I use to open and close a circle. I’m not really able to get up and walk the circle, so I use the bell and imagine sound waves coming out and making the circle. It works for me so why not?

So here’s my entry to the Weekly Witchy Challenge - Elemental Mastery. Hope y’all like it!

Elemental Circle Casting by Kasie

I call on Air to bring fresh wind!
Wisdom and knowledge to reside within!
Guardian of the East hear my words,
And surround me with the wings of birds!

I call on Fire to bring me heat!
Passion, action, and excitement to meet!
Guardian of the South, hear me speak,
And surround me with the blaze mystique!

I call on Water to bring me rain!
Emotions and loving action to gain!
Guardian of West, hear this phrase,
And surround me with your comforting waves.

I call on Earth to bring me rocks!
Mental and magical objects to block!
Guardian of North, hear me say,
And surround me with your comforting soil this day!

On this day and in this hour,
I call on Spirit to lend me power!
Energy gathers all around
And anchors the Circle into the ground!

With these words, I cast a spell!
Safety and grounding at the sound of a bell.
Lord and Lady heed my call,
and protect me from negative energies with an impenetrable wall!

No harm shall come to you or me!
As I will so mote be!

18 Likes

@Amethyst I really love this​:heart::heart::heart: For me I give it a 5 star :star::star::star::star::star: as we Caribbean folks would say " It sound good, me nah lie" It really does I also have a love for poetry. Some day I would be happy to share some of my work :hugs: but for now, a job well done.

7 Likes

@Amethyst , this poem, and casting of the elements is absolutely amazing! You have such a way with words! You are truly incredibly talented. Awesome job!
Thank you! I’m in your Awe!

Blessed be.

5 Likes

I LOVE!!!This is very good thanks Kasie!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: Three Thumbs up
Must Use in My BOS
Very Informative
Very intelligent
Jeannie
Blessed Be

5 Likes

This is breathtaking- you’ve outdone yourself once again, @Amethyst! :clap: :heart_eyes: I love how you dug deep into each element in turn, using beautiful imagery and language that ties back to that element. I had to read through twice because I loved it so much- thank you so much for sharing your awe-inspiring talent, Kasie!

:blush::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @NickWick! I’m glad you liked it! I’d love to see some of your poetry too, and this is a good place to do it. Everyone here is very kind.

Aww, shucks @walter :blush: You made me blush! Glad you liked it!

Thank you, sweetie! I’m glad you liked it enough to put in your BOS.

Thank you so much hon! I’m glad you liked it. I really wanted to recreate the feeling from that poem in the book, but I didn’t read it again until after I’d finished. I think I did a pretty good job! :hugs:

7 Likes

Great job @Amethyst! You never cease to amaze me with what you can do!

5 Likes

This is beautiful :heart:

7 Likes

Aww, thank you so much! Glad you liked!

Thanks muchly @MeganB!

6 Likes

Wowww!! I love this!! I want to tey it out. I felt the power just in reading it outloud.

I also loved L’Engle books as a kid. I think my favorite was A Wind in the Door, but can’t quite remember.

4 Likes

Glad you liked this one! I don’t use it so much since it’s so long, but it does build up some nice power, doesn’t it?

I still have those books and read them every once in a while. They were classics for a reason.

4 Likes