To complete my work on the The Veil Between Worlds, today I made my very first spell jar.
The intention behind the jar is to increase my connection with my spirit guide, to honour and thank the bird that gave it’s life in the form of the skeleton I found, and for luck and protection.
Having looked around for some ready made recipes, I stumbled across this site which recommended relying on your intuition:
So I started by cleansing the jar with palo santo smoke then I’ve used the following ingredients to make up the jar:
- Black Salt for protection
- Pink Himalayan Salt for grounding and protection
- Cloves for protection
- Eye of Newt/Mustard Seeds for protection and good luck
- Lavender for purification
- Calendula in place of Angelica for protection and encouraging visions from the other realm
- Cornflower for psychic powers
- The bones
I sealed the jar with candle wax; purple for spiritual development and psychic power and black for banishing and removing negative energy, warding and protection.
It’s now sat on my altar next to the crow’s feather I found.