Flower question

Has anyone seen this before, a double headed daffodil?

Any idea what it may mean?

8 Likes

I havent but I would take it as a good sign! I’m a little jealous that we don’t have any here yet!

I have had a flower, inside a flower, inside a flower before though!

7 Likes

Symbolically, IDK :upside_down_face: It almost looks like fasciation except the heads aren’t fused together. It’s basically twins! Maybe combine twin symbolism with daffodil symbolism?

8 Likes

It wasn’t like this when I left for work this morning!

I’m hoping it’s a good sign though as today was my last day at my job before starting out on my own. Thinking it’s like two magpies so good luck.

7 Likes

I immediately thought it’s a sign of good luck and prosperity! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t have a source for that lol but just my own gut feeling

7 Likes

@MeganB my very first thought was good luck! :tada: Since I also don’t have a reference, I said I would take it as a good sign. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

After seeing that it wasn’t like that when leaving the house for the day, I would definitely take it as a sign of good things to come. :+1: :shamrock: :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Ohhhh beautiful daffodils! :heart_eyes:

I can’t recall seeing double heads on a full daffodil, but the miniature daffs we get at the stores here in Poland often have multiple heads on one stem. Although I’m not sure if the miniature version is indeed just a mini, or if it’s a different type of narcissus :blossom:

I did a search and it looks like a few years ago in the UK, a girl found a daffodil with ten heads on one stem :astonished:! Perhaps daffodils are in their element in the UK and thrive over there :blush:

Magickally, I wonder if it could be similar to how mushrooms spring up in Fairy Rings- could extra-happy plants also be a sign of the Fae? Or perhaps that a nearby witch has strong green magick? :green_heart:

I don’t have any set answers here, but I do love hearing everyone’s thought and I always enjoy a plant discussion! :bouquet: Thanks for bringing it up, @IrisW! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I have a few notes on Daffodils. They are lucky and it says to give more than one (a bunch) because a single flower will cause penury and ill fortune.

They are supposed to bring abundance, so maybe its double abundance!
In folklore they represent holding a lover in high regard and they send the message that this person is the only one for you and your feelings are constant.
Also considered an aphrodisiac in some Middle Eastern magic.

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of great days @IrisW !!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.