Hello from Chicagoland

Hey, I am Eliza!! I am 43 years old and I have been trying to find my way to the life that makes me, me. Growing up and looking back I realized that I had some Wiccan traits, that now I feel I should have paid more attention too. Not going to let things get in my way now.

11 Likes

Merry Meet @eliza78! I love :heart: the enthusiasm, I can feel it in your words. :star_struck: I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. I have never been to Chicago so the majority of what I know comes from Chicago Fire & Chicago PD… yes, the TV shows. :joy: I would love to visit though! I adore going to different cities to see the differences in each place & how they are put together in each area. The way it’s so different in different parts of the small little world I have seen.

Anyway, enough rambling… I came back to my path in July of 2020 & by the end of that month had joined Spells8 & the forum. I have learned so much & still do from everyone here! They are all so nice & helpful & supportive :smiling_face: I think you are going to love :heart: it here just as much as we do! :infinite_roots:

There is a Weekly Challenge that is going on right now, these are very good chances to learn & explore new aspects of your craft to make it your own. I’m a fan of learning & trying things to see what works for me & what doesn’t. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Feel free to join or kind of watch how others go through the challenge & join the next one if you would like! :sunflower: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Flower Power

If you have any questions, feel free to ask & someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Also, jump in on any open topic or start your own, whenever you are ready! :hugs:

9 Likes

Hi Eliza, I am charlye and I am in Independence, Missouri. I am also new to all of this. I just came out as Pagan a few months ago. There are a few of us who older newbies. (Me being 49).

10 Likes

Merry meet and welcome @eliza78 I’m Marsha from Colorado! So glad you have joined us.
:heart:

9 Likes

Welcome, @eliza78! Glad you’re here!

9 Likes

Hey Eliza, I’m Garnet from Florida.
I am delighted to welcome you here @ Spells8.
There’s so much to learn, people to meet and a new sense of love and belonging.
Blessed be and Stay with us a while.
Garnet

8 Likes

Hi @eliza78! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Okay, important things first. Cubs or White Sox? LOL!

Seriously though, it’s nice to have you here. Have you found the Courses yet? They’ll help you get started here. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

8 Likes

Nice to meet you @eliza78, I’m Debra from British Columbia, Canada. Glad to see you found us here.

8 Likes

Merry meet @eliza78 :blush:

Welcome to the forum- it’s a pleasure to meet you! I hope you’ve been enjoying Spells8 so far, I know there is a lot of content to explore around here! As a friendly tip, I recommend using the Search Tool to sort through and find relevant discussions. It’s my lifeline here- I hope it can help you too! :grinning:

If you have any questions, remember that the Q&A Category is there for you. Ask away and you’ll be sure to get answers and opinions from fellow magick-lovers all over the world. One of the best things I’ve found about being in an online coven is the advice and support of witches of all paths in all stages of their magickal journeys- the community is a great place and a valuable resource that is here for you! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Eliza! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hi. I’m also new and also from the Chicagoland area. I’m 40, soon to be 41. Merry meet. I was into the Craft as a young adult, left, and returned for good.

9 Likes

@RedRaven42 welcome to the forum! I have never been to Chicago itself, I think I may have gone by it though, does that count? :wink: I am from Cape Cod, I did the same type of thing you did. I practiced with a friend, life happened including 3 children, they got older, I came back, & have been better for it. I joined in July of 2020.

I hope you’re finding your way around the site easy enough, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Someone will pop by to point you in the right direction or with an answer of some kind for you. Everyone here is very friendly & helpful. I can’t wait to get to know you a little bit more! Feel free to look around & jump in on any open topic or start your own! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

@eliza78 Hi there! I’m also 43 and learning new things about myself. I felt a little worried about starting something new like this at my age but I feel it’s been a good change so far. You sound like your take it all on with great confidence! That is wonderful. I’m pretty new here also, looking forward to learning and visiting more. Great to meet you! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words and offers. This seems to be a very open and welcoming environment.

9 Likes

Oh, you are very welcome! Feel free to join any conversation or ask any questions :smiling_face:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.