Hello How is everyone

Hello im Camila but you can call me Mila. Im knew to the Wiccan world I’ve been studying it for a little bit and believe Im almost ready practice. I hope to learn a lot from everyone here and the website

12 Likes

Hi Mila and welcome to the family. I’m Nixi, due to brain injuries I am relearning pretty much everything. I’ve been at it for about a year now.

There is plenty to learn, I find something I hadn’t found before almost daily. And there is plenty of help. Please ask anything you don’t know or are having trouble with and if nobody knows the answer somebody will find. This is an amazing group of wonderful loving people and I would be lost without them.
Look around, soak it in and ask away.

10 Likes

@Camila Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England welcome to the family :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Hi, @Camila! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! Friendly bit of advice, don’t worry so much about being perfect when you start out. I did and it messed me up for a while. Just relax, you’re not getting graded, it’s called practice for a reason!

Besides, you can always blame the Chaos Gods for a big mistake. LOL!

If you have any questions, ask, and someone will pop up and help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

10 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Camila

It’s so nice to meet you, Mila, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I love what @Amethyst said about magick being a “practice!” I think the most important in any spell is your intention. I am looking forward to getting to know you better! There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

10 Likes

I really appreciate all your well wishes and kind words. I thank you guys for the welcome and am so happy to get started with my practice.

9 Likes

Hello Mila @Camila,

Welcome! I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum- it’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Feel free to explore around! I hope you find everything you are looking for (and more!) :books:

If you ever need any help finding specific content or have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. The Coven is a very friendly one.

Good luck with your studies and hope to talk with you more soon- blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Camila! :wave: I’m Susurrus another moderator here at Spells8. It’s nice to meet you! :smiling_face:

There is a lot to learn & as always, feel free to ask questions, search the site, search the forum, or share anything with us! We love to learn too. :revolving_hearts:

Jump in on any open topic or feel free to start your own! :hugs: I look forward to speaking with you soon! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and The Morrigan, a recent guide in my life.

Imho, there’s no time like the present! I say you are ready to practice when you want to. It’s not as though you have to be at a certain level before you can put knowledge into action, and we all learn as we go!

So glad to have you here!

9 Likes

Hi Kat pretty name. I appreciate your welcome. Im curious how did you choose your Deity. I’ve always been partial to Aphrodite but mostly cause I’ve admired her my whole life but I don’t know if that means she should be mine so im curious how did you and others chose yours.

11 Likes

Hi, @Camila. Welcome to this space! I’m Katerina, another newcomer. :slightly_smiling_face:

For me, it involved talking to others about it and having readings done. Initially, I thought it was all Lilith. The more I talked to others, the more I realised it was Hekate all along. And that just felt right. Lilith will always be there. But all the signs, now that I’ve learnt all that I know now (which is barely dipping my toe into the water), point to Hekate.

But that’s just my discovery. There are many people who would’ve found their way on their own, so there’s no reason to think it isn’t Aphrodite for you. :smile:

I’ve read people say that deities’ interests wax and wane, so sometimes, another deity will find interest in us. Maybe it lasts for a few weeks, months, years, or even decades. It all really depends.

But the important thing to remember is that this doesn’t lock us out from working with others, shifting focus entirely for a while, or finding out that different deities show more interest in us than those we thought for a while, and so on.

tl;dr: What feels right for you is probably right! :black_heart:

12 Likes

Hey, welcome.
I am new, too. My name is Eva, I am a Moon Dieties worshiper. How are you doing? :crescent_moon: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Hello nice to meet you. I also find an interest in Lilith myself but more of an alter ego for my self lol never thought i could use her as my deity. Ill definitely keep looking into it but even though i found others fascinating as well them two always stayed my tops. I just wasn’t sure i saying someone was my deity makes it so or if they would really fit my practice which im still figuring out lol

11 Likes

I have been fascinated with Greek and Egyptian mythology since I was in grade school. I was particularly intrigued by the tales of Artemis, goddess of the hunt, and mistress of wild animals, intertwined with the moon. This was one of my favorite sculptures ever. I don’t think I acknowledged the call until I was in my 20s working in the New Mexican desert, looking up at the moon during the day and saying out loud, “I hear you”. Even then I knew I was being called but wasn’t clear or willing to see perhaps who was calling me until a year or so ago (25+ years later). She’d always been in my life, always guiding and waiting for me to be ready. I don’t know what the final piece that fell into place to complete the puzzle, but I looked back and laughingly shook my head, seeing she was there the whole time. I don’t know if I chose her or if she chose me, but in the end, it doesn’t matter.

I have chosen to make connections with and honor other deities that I find interest me, Isis, The Morrigan, Ganesh, and Hecate but those are more active choices on my part to work with them.

I wish I could say I knew from the beginning, or it was clear from the first second who my patroness was, but for whatever reason, it took me a long time to see clearly and accept that Artemis was with me all along. :crescent_moon: :deer: :bow_and_arrow: :herb:

10 Likes

Hi again :wave:

@Camila we do have some “Master Posts” regarding different deities & other topics. As for deities currently we have:

Egyptian Deities Master Post
Other Deities :hugs: Master Post
Greek/Roman Deities Master Post
Norse Deities Master Post
Angels :angel: & Numerology Masterpost
Celtic :triskele: & Welsh Deities with Related Information Masterpost

Those are the ones I can think of right now. Working on my 1st coffee :coffee: still :laughing: I have been away for a bit, but as I find tioics that fall into one these topics, they get added to the Master Posts for easy to find purposes :hugs:

6 Likes

Hello @Camila and welcome to the forum! :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I hope you’re finding everything okay! If not, feel free to reach out to one of the moderators or create a post here in the forum. There are lots of us here, and we’re all willing to help!

As a side note, if you’d like to adjust your username, we can change it for you! Just let me know :blush:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.