Herbs and Their Magickal Uses

A quick video for a few popular herbs and their magickal uses. Enjoy!

When I first started playing with herb and flowers, I discovered one called Calendula.
I fell in LOVE with it, I was so drawn to it’s energy.

My favorite is calendula, which oddly enough, I did not add to this video! I will probably make a second one now just for that reason! LOL

Calendula

• Planet: Sun
  • Element: Fire
  • Powers: Protection, psychic powers, prophetic dreams and legal matters

Picked at noon when the sun is at its hottest and strongest, will strengthen and comfort the heart.

If you make a garland of calendula, and string it on your doorway, it will stop evil from entering your home.

Placing it under your bed while you sleep will protect you and make all your dreams come true.

If you look at the brightly colored flower it is said to strengthen the ‘sight’.

Some folklore: If a girl touches the petals of the calendula with her bare feet, she will understand all the languages of the birds.

What magickal herbs/flowers/plants do you love? Do you have a favorite herb/flower/plant? Do you have one you use ALL the time or can’t live without?

:sunflower:

8 Likes

I love Calendula too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :herb:
I also use Cornflower and Jasmine quite often, especially when doing some divination work.

That’s a lovely tale - it would be great to be able to understand birds!

3 Likes

Yes, yes, yes to calendula!!! :yellow_heart: Oohhh such a great herb for so many things- calendula has worked wonders for my skin when nothing else helped. Definitely one of my favorite herbs! :herb::two_hearts:

For me, this would be basil! :herb: It’s always the first herb I get when I move to new place- it’s hardy, beautiful, smells AMAZING, and I keep it close to the kitchen because I cook with it so often (margherita pizza, anyone? :pizza::yum: ). I didn’t know it was a money attracting herb too- that’s great news! Perhaps I’ll bring some basil to sit with me at my desk while I do my finances :money_with_wings: The video is very informative! Thank you so much for sharing :heart:

2 Likes

You are welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Oh! I posted a recipe for Calendula Iced Tea a couple of weeks ago! If you would like to check it out, here it is: Calendula Iced Tea

1 Like