Here Comes Aquarius Season ♒️

On January 20th, the Sun enters Aquarius, marking the beginning of a new astrological season. It is the first full astrological season of 2024. This season, like the others, will have influence over us all, not matter what our Sun sign, although it will be felt more by Aquarians and other Air signs.

Aquarius Season is much more easy-going and liberating than the serious energies of Capricorn. It is the season of freedom, independence and open-mindedness. This is when we can be ourselves and show off those quirks that we keep hidden for fear of ridicule or rejection. This is also the season where we seem to have those “ah ha” moments, where solutions appear like bolts of lightning and where we are drawn more towards technology and innovation. It is the season for friends, social networks and making a difference to society. Be aware though; Aquarius is ruled by rebellious Uranus and therefore, we may be in for some quite unexpected shocks and upheavals or profound changes. This is not the season for getting too carried away. We must aim to remain grounded, no matter how difficult that is for airy Aquarius.

Season Summary

The first big event of the season occurs on the 21st of January, when (very) slow moving Pluto finally changes sign and enters Aquarius. This brings transformative energies to the areas such as technology, scientific breakthroughs and societal changes. However, this energy is likely to be subtle as it is the beginning of a 20-year journey through the sign of the water bearer – we cannot expect to see too much occur in the short time of this season. However, the merging with the Sun to form a conjunction may mean that ideas of transformation are on your mind – the need to become the “new you” by shedding what no longer serves you, facing your fears and letting go of the need for control. This is the time to accept you cannot control everything in life and that, sometimes, it is best to go with the flow.

On January 27th, the Sun will square Jupiter in Taurus. This may being quite a lot of tension due to Aquarius fighting for freedom and Taurus striving for stability and the stratus quo. There may be the desire to break free from the norm and do something for the greater good. However, your desire for stability may hold you back from making a move, even though you know it is the correct thing to do. This is essentially a battle between idealism and realism. Perhaps you must look within to see whether your skills and talents can be used in a way that can benefit you materially/financially but will also help others. This will balance the tension of this placement.

On February 5th, Mercury enters Aquarius, bring a need to think for ourselves as well as the ability to think new ideas quickly. You may challenge the norm and look feel the desire to delve more into unconventional ideas and ways of thinking. You may use your wit, sense of humour and a newfound confidence to convey ideas to others and speak your truth, even if it is on the quirky side – who cares! You may feel more emotionally detached in your communication – during this period, objectivity and logical rule. Try not to appear cold; logic is good but so is a bit of humility. On the same day, Mercury will conjunct Pluto, bringing fears and hidden truths to the surface; you may be more willing to share and discuss them. This can bring a sense of empowerment and healing.

On February 10th, Mercury squares Jupiter in Taurus, another aspect filled with tension and conflict. There is a clash between the detail and the bigger picture. There is a need to strike a balance between doing things practically and meeting the visionary ideals. You may find that your grand plans are stripped back to something more realistic, manageable and achievable. Also be aware of increased exaggeration; ensure what you tell others is clear and accurate. Learning and taking in new information may be challenging as there is a sense of restlessness and the desire to jump from one idea to another in a superficial manner.

On February 13th, Mars enters Aquarius. There is a strong desire to try something different. You want to step away from the norm and delve into something that is “out there”, unconventional or quirky – this could be something as simple as the clothing you wear, the food you try or something bigger such as joining a charity group or helping the needy. Just do not let the aggression of Mars manifest if others do not want to go along for the ride with you.

On February 16th, Venus then enters Aquarius (very crowded sign this month; Mercury, Venus, Mars, Pluto and the Sun). You may feel the need to make a difference and help others around you through volunteering or giving to charity. It is important that you make your partner aware of any desire for independence in your relationship or perhaps you need to make sure you are giving them some “me time” if they desire it. Don’t be afraid to tell your partner you love them – love isn’t logical or objective but that doesn’t mean its to be ignored, even in an intellectual sign like Aquarius.

On February 17th, Mercury squares Uranus (ruler of Aquarius) in Taurus. Beware of impulsive communication. Think your words through before letting them leave your mouth or they may result in unexpected results. Be mindful and thoughtful with your words. On the same day, Venus conjuncts Pluto. It may bring deep emotional connection to your partner, intense passionate feelings and even the temptation to try something out of the ordinary in your relationship. However, it can also manifest in power struggles and conflict between the need for emotional connection and personal freedom within your relationship.

On February 19th, the Sun leaves Aquarius, beginning its transition to the next sign and the final season of the astrological year.

Pluto Transit to Aquarius

I have written a separate post about this, which can be access via the following link:
A Focus on Pluto - The Dwarf Planet’s Transit Through the Zodiac - Witchy Wisdom - The Spells8 Forum

Aquarius Season Activities

Aquarius Season Oil Blend

Have a blessed Aquarius Season

Alan

16 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity Thank you very much for the valuable information! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

You know, it’s because of you that I’m learning more about astrology :clap: It never seemed to click well for me, but ever since your posts, it just does. You write things in an easy-to-digest manner and it just works well for me, so thank you! :clap:

11 Likes

@MeganB Aww thank you for that. I am glad that things seem to make sense. It is really fascinating when you dive into it more and more. I hope it sparks an interes like with the numerology.

9 Likes

Thank you Alan for all the information. I see that Aquarius doesn’t follow the rules. That must be why I’m such a rebel. Lol! I am Aquarius 100%!

9 Likes

Thank you so much, Alan, for another informative and insightful post.

With love :heart: always

7 Likes

Happy Aquarius Season!!! :aquarius: :air_element: :sparkles:

This was such an interesting topic to explore- I know you’ve given a lovely intro here, and I really enjoyed your other post about Pluto through the signs too (I know you’ve already shared a link above so I won’t link it again- just sharing my appreciation!) :pray: :blush:

Love these! Feels like a very good time to power ahead with new ideas and improvements. I’ve had a few things bubbling away on the back burner, now seems like a good time to go full steam ahead with them! :train: :sparkles:

Ohhhh grapefruit, neroli, lavender, and patchouli- I bet that smells divine! :sparkles: :grinning:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, creativity, and guidance with us @Cosmic_Curiosity! I look forward to these seasonal Zodiac updates each month. I believe you’ve almost finished the cycle now, yes? Once it’s done, they will live on- we’ll have to bring them back each year! I really do enjoy them. Thanks again! :heart: :grinning:

8 Likes

@BryWisteria Yes this is a great time for brining new ideas to life! One more set and that will be my trip around the zodiac compelte. Its been a long project but my Taurus persistence has got me there (almost). Just Pisces to go and we will have a set of activities for all signs!

6 Likes

One more to go- what a trip it has been! :partying_face: All the way through the cosmos and around the Zodiac cycle :wheel: :sparkles:

It has been a blessing reading about each sign during their special time in the year. I know we’ll continue to enjoy your astrological wisdom with each new turn of the cycle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks again, Alan! :star2:

6 Likes