"Hi it's Date Mike, nice to meet me."

~ a little Office humor if you’ll permit me :crazy_face:

I am new to the group. I used to be pagan growing up without a specific path and honestly without the tools and guidance provided here, just floundering along. I had a negative spiritual interaction that basically scared me away from paganism and occultism and sometime after which (unrelated events) I embraced Islam. It’s been some years down the line and I find my heart wandering again to paganism and so am trying it on for size in secret. I’m trying to figure out if I can be Muslim and pagan or Muslim and a witch and what does that even mean to me or if a title particularly matters at the end of the day. I’m a wife and mother and being a mother is so incredibly important to me. I really resonate with the message of Wicca and the thoughts behind it but my heart doesn’t seem drawn to the Lord or Lady at all. I plan on trying out, from the introductory class set, Drawing Down the Moon ritual once I can obtain the items needed for it. I’m really looking forward to, at the very least, learning more about paganism and Wicca and getting to know some people.

Thanks! ~

11 Likes

Hi @annakya! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Of course you can be Muslim and be a witch! Just as there are Christian witches. I’m gonna mention one member of our little group here who seems to be managing it and may be able to answer some of your questions, @TheMuslimWitch.

You can also be a witch without worshiping the Lord and Lady. So don’t worry that you won’t fit in! It’s all good here.

If you have any questions, about the courses or anything just ask and someone will pop up and help you out! I look forward to chatting with you more!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply! I saw her in a newer post and I was so excited to see I’m not alone here >w< I really enjoyed the beginners module and look forward to doing the ‘Drawing Down the Moon’ and ‘Self-Dedication’ rituals. I am really happy to be here and meet you!

7 Likes

I am from Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @annakya
My name is Marsha and I’m from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us. Everyone is very friendly here, so I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do. :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome Annakya! I’m super close to ATL! I’m glad you’re here!

7 Likes

That’s awesome! Have you ever been to Phoenix & Dragon bookstore? I love perusing their shop and visiting the kitties ~ :orange_heart:

6 Likes

thanks @Amethyst and welcome @annakya . Amethyst is right and if you check the other post Can i use the energy source from fire and other elements? - #5 by marsha i explained how i practice as a Muslim witch :blush: Feel free to ask me any questions you have and as Amethyst said, of course you can have deities and also be Muslim i mean i do and to me the balance of my life as a Muslim witch feel just right to me and where i am happy being at this moment :blush:

9 Likes

Hello and welcome @annakya! You will absolutely love it here as their are many witches from different backgrounds and religions here.

May your journey be a wonderful one!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! Everyone is welcome here!

5 Likes

I have not! I actually avoid Atlanta most of the time. I hate driving and the traffic scares me. I may convince the hubbub to drive me down to check it out though!

6 Likes

Merry meet @annakya,

Others have already said it and I’m adding in my voice too- you are very welcome here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Muslim, Jewish, Christain, Buddhist, and more- whether it is the background someone is coming from or they are exploring combining belief systems in the way that feels most right to them, everyone is free to embrace magick, and all are welcome in the coven here :infinite_roots: :heart:

The Wiccan Deities (Lord and Lady) go by many names and often have an important role in Wiccan magick. However, not all Wiccan spells reference these deities- you will still be able to find spells and rituals that don’t call on Them.

Additionally, not all witches are Wiccan. While Wicca is a recognized religion, witchcraft and paganism can be anything from a religion to a philosophy to a spirituality depending on the person.

You’ll find that many folks here identify as different types of witches or consider themselves to be an Eclectic Witch- aka someone who draws on multiple paths, areas, deities, etc.

My best advice to you is to explore, learn, and be open to yourself- over time, you will surely find the identity and labels (or lack there-of!) that feel most right to you :blush:.

And as you search and explore, know that your coven here is cheering you on! :tada:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon, Annakya- blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Welcome @annakya I’m happy that you made it here!

Hi, this is me! I draw from different areas of paganism & my practice is one like no other :laughing: While I do follow the moon & recognize the Moon & Sun as female :female_sign: & male :male_sign: energies, I don’t work with them the same as I work with Brighid :candle: :triskele: & the Morrigan :raven: :triquetra:… I follow a more Celtic/Irish Paganism path with a lot to do with natural cycles/rhythms/nature.

I am currently learning about energy: Healing energy/Energy Work & working with crystals & chakras & my own energy. I’m a crazy sensitive empath, so I had to learn to keep my energy to myself & how to protect it & not absorb others, especially those close to me.

I have also learned about astrology :milky_way: , tarot, oracle, pendulum divination, runes, candles :candle:, colors, oils, incense… I do a lot. I love jewelry & I have more of a chaotic feel to my workings, I just do them as they come to me, I don’t necessarily have it written down or I use something that is written down & then tweak it to suit what I am looking for or that feels right to me. I’ve gotten better though, not so chaotic or rushed… but that’s because of the next paragraph.

I have embraced meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: for a multitude of reasons, one is that it helps me switch gears & focus on the next thing without bringing any anxiety type of feelings forward when I go to the next thing. I started out wanting nothing to do with it in any sense, but now I love breathwork & meditations, I use a lot of short ones to get through the day & then longer ones in the AM & after dinner or when multiple people come home in a short amount of time. It’s a lot of exciting energy in the house from 0 to 100 in one step through the front door. :rofl:

I second this, start the courses, a lot may be some things you already knew & remember you can find your own way once you learn about the history, workings, ideas… however you choose. You will find what is right for you when you listen to yourself.

Side Note My brother is in GA more than NC when he is home. His girlfriend lives in GA & when he isn’t working he is there. When he did live in GA we would go to the lake & spend the day there while visiting them. How I wish I could go back to GA or anywhere that is considered the “South” to us New Englanders. :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to move to New England :laughing: I started the Seeking Witchcraft podcast and came across a couple ones they did on meditation that were super cool, especially for beginners! I used to meditate a lot when I was younger but I find it so hard to focus and visualize these days. Thanks so much for all of the info! :heart:

5 Likes

It is a gorgeous place, a lot history & scenery & the weather changes in the blink of an eye :laughing: My favorite part of New England is the changing seasons, for physical medical conditions, I wish it wouldn’t get so very cold in the winters, but I have my own little hibernation “program” for the winter months :grin:

I use Insight Timer & even through the Free version there is access to a multitude of meditations from 1 min to much longer for just about everything you would want to work from beginner friendly to more advanced. I hang out in beginner guided meditations. I have found a lot to do with spirituality topics, mental health, visualization, breathwork, body scans… something to think about if you would like to ease back into it or find something that may be more helpful to you. :hugs:

5 Likes

That is suuuuper cool, thank you for the head’s up, I will def check out that app. I used to live in the Midwest growing up so I’m no stranger to cold but I really do miss the changing seasons as it’s not as pronounced here or magnificent. <3

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.