I'm A Newbie

Hello! I’m a newbie to Spells8 as well as divination.

I would consider myself Eclectic as I don’t follow any one particular practice. My family does not know that I started learning about divination as I’m sure they could get a bit judgmental and I couldn’t blame them since up until 3 years ago, I’d been attending a Christian Church for 20 years. I still love the Lord, but want to expand my knowledge of other things in the world.

I started collecting crystals and herbs in October 2021 and I’m REALLY enjoying the classes on this site!

11 Likes

Welcome, @penny3! I’m happy that you are enjoying the classes. They really are full of information. I’m an eclectic practitioner & lean towards Celtic Paganism. I work with 2 of their goddesses. I am an empath currently working on chakras & other energy work for healing. I have taken classes for crystal healing. I also enjoy astrology & there is the Astrological Forecast W/C 13th June 2022

We have plenty of divination topics the best way to find most of what there is in the forum is to search using the tag divination. It includes tarot, oracle cards, runes, ogham, pendulum, scrying, dice, and palmistry to name some of the more common ones. :crystal_ball:

We also have plenty of crystal topics & plants/herbs. We actually have a post that was started this week about Magick Gardens. I have to add my pictures of my garden to it, but there are plenty of members that use herbs & plants in their practice one way or another. I use them to make my own incense, simmer pots, spells, teas, and all kinds of things!

With the full moon :full_moon: tonight, you could put your crystals out under the moonlight & bring them in before the sunlight touches them for a good cleanse & charge. I believe at this time the moon is in Capricorn from Sagittarius. The void of course is for a few hours today then it will be in Capricorn :capricorn: late this afternoon/evening depending on where you are. the lunar spell page will tell you the phase & sign based on your area. :hugs:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask & someone will get back to you as soon as they can. There are a lot of friendly & supportive people in the forum willing to help you in any way that we can.

:dizzy: I hope you learn join in any open discussion or start your own to share anything with us :hugs:

4 Likes

@penny3
How nice that you could join us.
Did you know you don’t have to give up anything to be here with us?
Many families and religions think that either you sold your soul to the devil or you’re possessed.

What you are is FREE to learn whatever you want.
Well, 1st of all there is no devil, that concept was the creation of the author who wrote Dante’s Inferno.
We all came here as like minded individuals from around the world seeking knowledge and the Truth.
What truth?
That my darling is for you to answer. What do you seek, what do you want to find.
Welcome to spells8, a site to learn in. Many with give you better advise for surfing this site. Ask questions and one of us will either give you the answer or lead you in the right direction.
Be bless, stay safe and know you are loved.
Garnet

5 Likes

Hi @penny3! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

What kind of divination are you interested in? I pull a daily Tarot card myself. I’ve gotten better at interpreting the meanings since being here, the course on tarot is wonderful!

As Garnet said, you don’t have to give up any of your beliefs to be welcome here! If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

5 Likes

Dont let @Amethyst fool you. She also authored a poem for the upright & reversed interpretations to renember the cards. They can all be found:

:flower_playing_cards: Tarot Poems by The Gifted and Talented Amethyst

4 Likes

Aww, thanks for pointing that out my dear. I don’t like to toot my own horn, you know: :postal_horn:

4 Likes

Sidebar: @Amethyst… I have learned that you have to celebrate your accomplishments no matter how small they may be or seem to you :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Merry meet @penny3,

Welcome to the forum! :blush: It’s always a pleasure to meet a fellow Eclectic Witch- there really are so many exciting areas of magick out there to explore! I’m really glad to hear you found the Courses and that you’re enjoying them :sparkles:

You’ve got some lovely areas of magickal interest- divination, crystals, and herbs (you can click on each Tag to see discussions tagged with these labels) are all very hot topics around here! Feel free to explore the many discussions and don’t hesitate to jump in to any that call to you.

Make yourself at home here, Penny! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @penny3
I’m so glad you have joined us and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.
Much love :heart: always,
The Other Marsha

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.