Interviewing a Tarot Deck

Does anyone have any good spreads for interviewing a tarot deck? I like my new Wildwood Tarot and want to get to know it a bit better before I use it for daily draws.

Thanks in advance!

9 Likes

Here is one I used that I found on Pinterest

Deck Interview

7 Likes

Good idea @Amethyst & thank you for the link @Saulamay! I think I will interview mine, I feel like we should strengthen our connection.

6 Likes

I’d love to see your new deck @Amethyst !!

The Little Red Tarot website has a spread for that: Tarot Deck Interview Spread

These are the questions it includes:

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
  2. What are your strengths as a deck?
  3. What are your limits as a deck?
  4. What are you here to teach me?
  5. How can I best learn and collaborate with you?
  6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

Good luck!

10 Likes

5 Ways To Get To Know Your Tarot Deck

• Keep your deck close by, carry it around with you, sleep with it.

• Meditate or go to sleep with one card at a time.

• Journal about the cards (impressions, feelings, thoughts, etc.).

• Do a spread reading.

• Work with a specific suite at a time (pentacles, swords, cups, wands), work with the major arcana first then switch to minor arcana (vice versa).

9 Likes

This is a great one!! I used it and the answers I received were amazing!!! @Amethyst

7 Likes

Awesome information about a new deck & getting to know it. Thank you for the topic @Amethyst & thank you @Missa & @Francisco for other ideas on it.

6 Likes

OOh, thank you @Saulamay! I’m not on Pinterest so I hadn’t seen that. Looks good.

It never hurts I think. So yeah, do it! LOL!

Thanks for that entire article @Francisco! It was a good read. And I may take a pick of my interview if I remember to do so. LOL. It’s a really interesting deck, very Celtic Shamanistic.

Thank you @Missa! Those are lovely ideas, and I like that interview! I may do more than one interview if I can’t choose. LOL.

Thanks for the rec! It’s nice to know that one really works.

You’re welcome! It’s an interesting topic. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice!

9 Likes

Do you all know how amazing you actually are though :heart::heart:
My mum was at an outdoor market we have near us today and she has picked me up a tarot deck from one of the stalls :heart_eyes: I don’t know what kind yet because she was on her way up north for a week but I want it to be a surprise :heart: this is perfect info for when I get them :heart:

8 Likes

Tomorrow when I think I will interview mine a little bit. I have done some of the other things when I originally got it. I think asking it questions will be fun & informative.

4 Likes

Congrats on the new deck @Liisa! Surprize decks are fun! I hope you like it!

I really liked my interview, although I can tell this deck is going to be temperamental. LOL. I used the interview @Francisco recommended. Here’s a pic, if it will let me upload it:

7 Likes

Oh great job! I will get mine out in a little bit. I like to wait for Peanut to be off to school after my husband & son leave for work. Less chaotic for me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I can’t wait to see what comes of mine! I will let you know what it says when I do it.

5 Likes

Coolness! I’m interested!

5 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a new deck but I usually don’t do spreads like these. Instead, I sit with the cards, shuffle them, rifle through them and just look at them. Usually I can pick up on different energies (if there are any yet) and get a feel for the deck.

6 Likes

These cards have very stiff card stock so they’re a bit difficult to shuffle. But yeah, I sat with them Friday night, getting a feel of them. Then I did the interview yesterday. I think I’m gonna really learn a lot from them.

5 Likes

My deck is here :grin: my uncle was on his way past from Inverness so he dropped them in to me along with the kids pressies :heart: It’s the wild unknown Tarot? I already like the feel of them :heart:

9 Likes

Oh @Liisa those are beautiful! I love them!

I’m so afraid to get another deck because the 2 I have are great. I will say that the Rider-Waite deck I have hasn’t been used in quite some time. I gravitate toward my Light Seer’s Tarot deck. I love that deck, it’s so honest with me.

6 Likes

Ooh, those are very pretty @Liisa! Nice deck!

I only have two @Susurrus! Well, I have a couple I didn’t connect with and don’t use but I have two that I mainly use. Some people have dozens of decks, buy two or three at a time. I don’t know how they learn their deck’s personalities that way.

7 Likes

I have a tarot reader that she collects decks but uses 3 or 4 in a reading plus an oracle deck or 2. She has some beautiful cards & knows most of them without needing her books. She does use the books but mostly can just read the cards.

I can’t imagine learning the personalities of so many decks either. I’m still on the fence about getting an oracle deck. I have seen some lovely decks, but I’m intimidated by them. :joy:

8 Likes

I really like this deck, I use it when I am looking for blunt honesty, this deck has not let me down yet. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Blessed be.

8 Likes