July 2022 ✨ Collective Reading Check-In

We have officially passed the halfway point of 2022! :tada: Just like last month, I am amazed that we as a society have not succumbed to collapse yet – I mean, I am only partially joking? But seriously, I am still sometimes amazed by that fact. With six months behind us, we have another six to look forward to before an entirely new year. At this point, my new motto for the rest of 2022 is taken directly from The Hunger Games → May the odds be ever in your favor.

Speech GIF by Prime Video UK
Gif from Giphy

Anyway, I am sure I do not need to rehash the asinine and traumatic events that have happened throughout the year so far. We have even seen the rights of people in the United States be stripped away by a handful of people. It is important to remember, though, that it is not all bad. There have been many good things that have happened this year too → You can click here to read about many of them!

Today we are looking back at our collective reading → Peering into 2022 :flower_playing_cards: Collective Tarot Reading to see if anything new has come up for June! If you are new here, this is a periodic tarot reading I do to shine light on the collective reading I do at the beginning of the year.

Was June Relevant?

Let’s look back at the card I pulled for June to see if it made sense with everything that happened.

June 2022: The Nine of Cups :cup_tarot:

This is the first cup card we see this year and it comes at a great time. The Nine of Cups sees a pan with antlers sitting on a chair. He wears a large smile and holds something precious in his hands. We can embrace the happiness that comes to us this month, whether it be in the form of joy, passion, or excitement. This is often called The Wish Card as it represents our dreams coming true after hardship. This month will be one of happiness as we have overcome the obstacles placed before us in the previous months.

Honestly, I look at the description for this card and ask myself what the heck I was thinking about :sweat_smile: But given the fact that this collective reading took place in December of 2021, there is no way I could have known what was going to happen in June. Looking at the June Check-In and seeing Mischief, The Hunter, and The Tomb gives me a bit more clarity.

If you want to refresh your memory on the June check-in, click here :tada:

In my “Putting it Together” section for last month, I mentioned that this card is a stark reminder that our happiness is not only dependent on ourselves but also on community and those in power. Our happiness depends on who we spend our time with, how well we know ourselves, and the amount of time we have spent face-to-face with our shadow. I honestly do not have a lot more to say about the month of June because my thoughts want to stray toward the end here when, in the United States, I am sure we are all aware of what has been happening…

Anyway, how do you feel about June? Did it play out for you like the reading or did you have a different experience? I would love to hear all about it in the comments!

:sun_with_face: This month, we are looking at the month of July!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of July has us looking at the The Ace of Pentacles Reversed.

July 2022: The Ace of Pentacles Reversed :pentacle_tarot:

Usually a bright and happy card, when the Ace of Pentacles is reversed it can signify a loss on the horizon. We may have been happy before, but this month will see us delve into instability. Things that were put in place before may have been placed on shaky foundation. Think back to previous months where we saw the Knights. Were decisions made hastily? Or we had to make difficult decisions quickly that maybe weren’t the most sustainable? On a grander scale, this could be a backslide in political, social, or economic situations. Opportunities may have been missed and we will pay the price.

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on where July is headed.

In this image sits three cards from my Spirits and Shadows oracle deck. From left to right is Greed (depicts a grow facing to the right with a crescent moon above their head), The Magician (depicts a skeleton with one finger pointing up and the other pointing down and three red moons above their head), and Otherworldy (depicts an upside down triangle in a large circle attached to a tree).

:raven: A pretty self-explanatory card, Greed points us in the direction of a future held on to by the few with the most resources. This month sees us impacted by the greed and desires of others. It is a good time to fight against unrighteous greed and desire. We are also reminded of our own greed. Do we seek community for connection? Or do we seek community to further drive our own egos and propel our own lives forward?

:skull: The Magician in this oracle deck is similar to The Magician in tarot. It is a reminder that everything and everyone are connected. As above, so below. We live in liminal spaces and liminal times where time slows to a crawl or stops entirely. This card is a reminder that we have control, even when we feel like we don’t. That control, though small, can be just enough to propel us forward as a community to a brighter future.

:infinity: This card is beautiful and haunting at the same time. It is a call to us to bring balance back into our lives with everything we do. Just as The Magician is a call to liminal space, so too is the call of Otherworldly. This card is a reminder to us that we should call on our spirits when we feel the need. They are there to guide us in times of turmoil, confusion, and chaos. Heed their messages and warnings.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Nine of Pentacles

• success, abundance, and reaping the benefits of our hard work

:star: Goals of 2022: The Knight of Swords Reversed

• impatience, rudeness, and an overall aggressive manner in endeavors
  • fighting for what we believe in

:star: Obstacles of 2022: The Nine of Swords

• collective trauma, guilt, and shame
  • hiding away and regretting our decisions

Putting it together…

Given everything that has happened this month plus what I pulled for the next few months - August and September, to be precise - I feel like we are on a collective tipping point. I know my posts tend to be very US-based but I live here so that is my field of vision, so to speak. I think that the decisions here in the United States recently will definitely have a ripple effect out to the rest of the world. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, I do not really know yet.

With the three cards I pulled on top of the Ace of Pentacles Reversed, I feel like we might be coming together as a community rather than be further separated. We need to understand what it is we want as a collective and then work toward putting that in place. Greed is a symbol of the greed of those in power but also a symbol for us to know that when it comes to basic life and human rights, we have every right to be greedy. The Magician lets us know that we have the power, and Otherworldy validates us as we walk with our spirits.

I am honestly finding it very difficult to separate my own biases in this reading.

Talk of uteruses and US politics beyond this point...*

As a person with a uterus and a person that has been saying for a long time that we women* and uterus owners have been and will always have a fight on our hands, I am angry, sad, and frustrated at what is happening in the United States. I know there are terrible things happening around the world, too, but I can’t let that take away from the righteous anger and fear I hold for myself, my friends, and my child.

I don’t know what the path forward is but from this reading alone, I can see that it is one of resistance, fighting, and coming together as a community to listen to one another and uplift the voices of the people that have been here before.

*trans women are women

I think we will come out of this okay but if my reading is as accurate for the next few months as it has been all year, we have a fight on our hand for the freedoms of our people here in the United States.

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think July is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I also have a blog post that goes into more detail about each card in the layout. You can find that post by clicking here.

8 Likes

Thank you for your insights @MeganB and more Liminal Space to look forward to!
:tarot_card: :raven: :skull: :infinity:

3 Likes

Wow… thats all I’ve got right now. I know personally I’m in another liminal space with the smorgasborg of things I have going on, but from a world or even country point of view, something big is shifting or happening & I am hoping its going to end in a positive way for the year.

The card pulled for Brighid’s Flame is “Liminality” today.

At the time, for myself it made perfect sense with everything going on & now its coming around on a larger scale.

3 Likes

I checked the time stamp on this post- I think literally, as you were posting it, my grandmother passed out of this world and into the next.

July is only on the doorstep and it’s already brought exactly what the Ace of Pentacles Reversed said that it would :pensive: Hopefully, for me, that’s the loss it was pointing to and things can only go up from here. So mote it be.

I couldn’t help but chuckle as I was reading these descriptions- are we really looking at double liminal space cards in this reading!? I’m sensing a theme here! :laughing:

And haha I see from the comments that Marsha and Siofra are on it too- this is truly the year of liminality! :joy:

I always get excited when I see “collective reading check-in” pop up in the forum- these posts are also so informative and always powerful to read. Thank you so much for putting them together and sharing your wisdom, @MeganB! They really are a blessing :pray::heart:

2 Likes

No thanks :no_entry: I don’t want it! :laughing: Usually I would, but when it comes to things like this I would very much rather not…

If it doesn’t end on a happy note I think we’re all doomed :skull_and_crossbones: I mean, I will definitely try to be as optimistic as I can because if I lose hope then I start to become apathetic. Apathy never did anyone any good. So :clap: it will end happily and people will get what they deserve.

All the hugs to you :people_hugging: :heart: You’ve got my thoughts and condolences for your grandmother. I know I didn’t know her but hopefully now she can rest easy before the next phase in her journey. And may YOU be comforted in the arms of your spirits as you grieve :heart:

It’s liminality everywhere right now :laughing: I saw the posts in the daily draws and I am not claiming this energy :laughing: I’m joking, of course, but it is very interesting to see how liminality is coming through for more than just me!

3 Likes

June was pretty chaotic for our family. I don’t know, I feel like June was maybe our call to action? I could definitely interpret it that way in our family!

4 Likes

I definitely feel that, too! It’s like…everything keeps moving so fast and I just can’t catch my breath or a break :laughing:

4 Likes

This is where I am. I just need more than roughly 12 hours or less before things happening & maybe to sleep through the night again :laughing:

3 Likes

YES! I feel this way too! If I could just get my feet underneath me!

4 Likes

Thank you so much, Megan- I really appreciate that! :people_hugging: :heart:

Hahaha :joy: Usually I’m all about liminality, but it does seem like collectively we’ve been stuck in it for a bit too long now :sweat_smile: C’mon, Universe! Let us out! :laughing:

3 Likes