June 2022 ✨ Collective Reading Check-In

Hello June, hail and welcome! We have almost reached the halfway point of the year 2022. It is amazing, to say the least, that we have come this far. The last several months have been full of turmoil, hardship, tragedy, and chaos. I know I am not the only person that has felt this way. These themes seem to be playing out in both the microcosm and the macrocosm, at least for myself. I am trying to embrace the themes of chaos and hectivity (I did not even know that was a word…:sweat_smile:) in my own life lately as I have had some changes to my household dynamic. Anyway, I am sure I do not need to rehash the asinine and traumatic events that have happened throughout the year so far. It is important to remember, though, that it is not all bad. There have been many good things that have happened this year too → You can click here to read about many of them!

Today we are looking back at our collective reading → Peering into 2022 :flower_playing_cards: Collective Tarot Reading to see if anything new has come up for June! If you are new here, this is a periodic tarot reading I do to shine light on the collective reading I do at the beginning of the year.

Let’s look back at the card I pulled for May to see if it was relevant.

May 2022: The Page of Swords :sword_tarot:

The Page of Swords stands holding one sword in her hand in the air with her other hand gripping the pommel of a sheathed sword at her hip. She appears to be in a snowy landscape during a blizzard as snow whips around her. She is determined, just as the knights have been before her, and she leans into her exuberant energy in defiance of the obstacles that she faces. We will find ourselves leaning into the alert energy of the Page this month. While the world whips around us, we must stay vigilant and active in our pursuits. We may need to rely on defiance this month to get things done, an attitude of I’m gonna do it anyway no matter what you say could be helpful.

The first thing that jumps out at me about this particular reading is that every.single.card. from the check-in was reversed. If you want to refresh your memory on the May check-in, click here :tada:

It is amazing to me how fast the time passes. I was just reading through the May check-in and realized that I did not, in fact, “…take a minute to write down (or keep track in any other way) at least one thing that [I] accomplished that day that made [me] feel good.” Everything just seems to whirlwind right by me, but I do feel like I was able to stick to my goals for the month of May. I got a lot accomplished but I did have to make some difficult decisions about things to keep and things to let go of. Overall, though, I am content with where May led me.

On a grander scale, I do not have words to convey the emotions I feel. There is so much wrong in the world right now, so much anger, hurt, tragedy, and sadness. It would be impossible for me to put everything I feel into words, and at this point, I cannot see how the collective reading for May has played out in any other way than the worse end of defiance and chaos.

Anyway, how do you feel about May? Did it play out for you like the reading or did you have a different experience? I would love to hear all about it in the comments!

:sun_with_face: This month, we are looking at the month of June!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of June has us looking at the Nine of Cups.

June 2022: The Nine of Cups :cup_tarot:

This is the first cup card we see this year and it comes at a great time. The Nine of Cups sees a man with antlers sitting on a chair. He wears a large smile and holds something precious in his hands. We can embrace the happiness that comes to us this month, whether it be in the form of joy, passion, or excitement. This is often called The Wish Card as it represents our dreams coming true after hardship. This month will be one of happiness as we have overcome the obstacles placed before us in the previous months.

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on where June is headed. Ever since feeling disconnected with tarot (more about that here), I have not felt called to pull from one of my tarot decks. To honor this calling within myself, I have chosen to use my oracle deck for this check-in. This is the Spirits and Shadows oracle.

In this image sits three cards from my Spirits and Shadows oracle deck. From left to right is Mischief (depicts three black cats staring out at the viewer), The Hunter (depicts a wolf figure stalking the viewer), and The Tomb (depicts a skeleton standing on a pedestal in a dark place).

:cat2: Mischief is about playful pranks, the company we keep, and getting into minor trouble. It also reminds me of the phrase three’s a crowd. If you are a cat person, you know this saying very well. One cat is nice, two can be fun, but three cats together can cause mild irritation! :laughing: In this instance, mischief reminds us to keep our friends close. This comes on the heels of last month where we may have lost touch with the friends we had. Be mindful of the company you keep, too. There is a difference between playful mischief and mischief fueled by drama and gossip. :speak_no_evil:

:wolf: As an alpha animal, one that usually runs in packs, the wolf in The Hunter card stalks their prey carefully. They are meticulous, but everything they do is done with purpose. This month, you may find yourself guarding what you care about. There may be a threat from someone or something to take it away. On the flip side, it could be just the opposite! You may find yourself ready to chase what you want in life, your desires, your prey, so to speak. In any case, The Hunter reminds us that in order to chase (or guard) what we hold dear, we have to know what that is in the first place.

:skull: Lastly, we see The Tomb. This card has a negative connotation but it is very much like The Hermit in a standard tarot deck. The Tomb calls for deep introspection, a self-isolation for thinking, reflection, and honoring one’s truth. Be sure to give yourself space this month to really figure yourself out, especially if you are coming out of a period of upset, chaos, or tragedy. There is nothing wrong with taking time to yourself for healing.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Nine of Pentacles

• success, abundance, and reaping the benefits of our hard work

:star: Goals of 2022: The Knight of Swords Reversed

• impatience, rudeness, and an overall aggressive manner in endeavors
  • fighting for what we believe in

:star: Obstacles of 2022: The Nine of Swords

• collective trauma, guilt, and shame
  • hiding away and regretting our decisions

Putting it together…

While we face the Nine of Cups with open arms, I feel like it also comes with a stark reminder that our happiness not only depends on ourselves. It also depends on the company we keep, the things we desire, and the amount of time we take for introspection and deep reflection. Since this all comes on the heels of a tumultuous month, I am taking this as a message to dig deeper into the three aspects presented by the oracle cards.

I will be personally asking myself who I spend time with. Are these people important to me? Am I important to them? What value do I bring to the table in these relationships? Are these relationships one-sided? All of these questions are important. I have some personal friendships that I feel are healthy. These are relationships that I will keep and nurture. On the other hand, I definitely have some friendships that seem to be born out of a collective amusement for gossip and drama. We tend to only come together as a unit when there is something going on in the spaces we are in. Of course, this is not healthy at all and does not contribute to my happiness or mental health.

I will also be asking myself what I hold dear. What are my desires? What are my goals? How can I best achieve those goals? What is worth guarding? And also, what is worth letting go? These are themes that constantly come up for me, especially the last few years since being a “public figure” in the witchcraft space. Sometimes I think I value one thing only to realize a few days (or weeks, months, etc.) later that it is not actually something I care about.

Lastly, I do not take nearly enough time for reflection and introspection. I attribute this to my current life, everything I have going on, and the things I have to do on a regular basis. I barely have time to myself to breathe, if I am being honest, but that is a bit different. I will be trying to make time for myself this month to figure out what really makes me happy and the things, and people, I truly care about.

I know that “Putting it Together” section got a bit personal :sweat_smile: but honestly, I feel like that is where it is leading everyone. We may all need to figure out what it is that makes us happy this month by taking time to evaluate those three concepts: our relationships, our dreams, and ourselves.

As for how this applies to the entire world? I am not sure. I do not know if this is a collective reading that will encompass everyone outside our :infinite_roots: Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots: or if it is just for those of us here. However, I feel these things very strongly this month so I can only assume that the forum here is where people need to hear it most. So, this is for everyone here :heart: and I hope it serves you well!

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think June is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I also have a blog post that goes into more detail about each card in the layout. You can find that post by clicking here.

9 Likes

@MeganB thank you! Such a wonderful message and great reminder to surround ourselves with meaningful relationships. :heart:

7 Likes

Without it being well, TMI for everyone & a bit of a rambling adventure is possible. This makes a lot of sense for me as we come into June.

This was my May, I strayed from journaling & I was supposed to start with getting back to it by writing 3 things I was grateful for that day. Honestly, maybe once or twice. The month literally went really fast for me. However, I got a lot accomplished & I am much better at transitioning activities on a regular day & enjoying my home & yard & family. I now have fewer friends than when I started last year around February & I’ve had enough ups & downs that the old adage was true: “you find out who your friends are” things are starting to smooth out for me. Although carving out time for me & self-care still needs work :joy:

June is going to have an interesting start at the very least, but I have a plan in place to move forward & get some things back on track before summer vacation really hits here when the students get out in June. I also have 4 phone calls that I need to make :rofl:

(Always surprised me that we get out in later June & most of the country gets out in May, I feel like it has something to do with the way the seasons present in each area)

5 Likes

@MeganB this is the first time I’ve come across the monthly/yearly reading post, but wow! I see a lot of connections between the card, goal, and obstacle of the year and also to both the May and June cards! Here’s to June and thanks for sharing your collective reading!

6 Likes

Thanks so much @MeganB
I love your readings, always accurate, and much appreciated.
:heart:

5 Likes

May was definitely a crazy month- it had its good moments, sure, but I’m ready to move into June now :laughing:

So mote it be! :raised_hands: I could certainly use nine cups worth of happiness haha. Although Mischief, The Hunter, and The Tomb make me curious about what will need to be done in order to enjoy that happiness :thinking:

I just have to say that I love the combination of tarot and oracle in this reading- it’s a really neat way to combine the two to see a bigger picture! :star2:

Thank you so much for this collection reading, @MeganB- I always really enjoy seeing them! :heart:

4 Likes

Oh my! I read the check-in when it was posted & commented but totally missed this!

The situation that I am currently trying to navigate, starts today (the end of May) & goes into June 2. Seems like once I get past that, happiness will be on the way… so something is going to come of this meeting & then happy days!

I definitely agree!

4 Likes