Being in lock down, I was bored and thought I’d try my hand at some Kitchen Witchery!
Sadly, this recipe is delicious.
Honey Beer Bread with just 6 simple ingredients!
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
• 1/4 cup honey – make sure you can drizzle this easily, if it’s thick, please warm it up for a few seconds prior to adding it to your mixture. Use LOCAL honey if available! Helps with seasonal allergies!
• 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer – I used an IPA
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Slowly pour the beer and honey into the flour mixture and stir until combined. It will be sticky!
- Pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of a 9×5-inch bread pan and brush it around to grease the inside of the pan.
- Add the batter and spread it out in the pan.
- Brush the remaining melted butter evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Inserted a knife or toothpick into the middle of the bread, if it comes out clean, it’s done!
- Remove and transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and let the bread cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm and enjoy!
Want to add some more deliciousness?
• Stir in some fresh or dried herbs into the batter. Try adding some rosemary! Rosemary is one of the most important Old-World magical herbs! Rosemary, when used in cooking, helps the whole family to be in harmony and protects each family member.
• Add minced garlic and add it to the batter to make garlic beer bread…. ooooo! Garlic is associated with the magical properties of protection, healing, strength, endurance, and speed. It’s also been said, Inhaling the vapors from steamed garlic can help cure respiratory problems.
• Add in a cup of shredded cheese to make cheesy beer bread.
If you try this recipe out let us know how you liked it! My family devoured it!