Magick Gardens 2024

Me, too! :clap: And I just found some pretty purple flowers in my yard in a completely different area that I have no clue what they are. I didnā€™t have my phone to snap a picture but Iā€™ll get one in a bit!

13 Likes

I just found some flowers coming up thatā€¦ i have no idea what they are or could be. I just know last year I planted & transplanted quite a few bulbs & thingsā€¦ just no idea what or where now :rofl: So theres a group of something coming up in front of my Rose of Sharon now.

13 Likes

Iā€™m sorry you have to deal with Tourist but how incredible it must be to live where you are. Some people only dream of living around such beauty I wish i had a beach in my back yard. I live in Chesapeake Va and Va beach is only 20 minutes away from me a lot of people tourist there too it has a beautiful ocean but itā€™s more of a party atmosphere nothing like cape cod I heard yā€™all have beautiful whales out there and you can see them really good.

12 Likes

Oh, no! It is amazing here! The beaches, sunsets, sunrises, liminal times, the skies, the fun places to go & walk & just enjoy. They didnt really get too bad until around 2020 - 2021. Weā€™ve always had tourists, its a vacation hot spot & the summer is amazing here. When it comes to the more recent tourists though & common sense about dogs & peopleā€™s properties thoughā€¦ Yikes. But I love the place, land, water, sky, i drive the beach road during storms just to watch the power of nature doing its thing. Its amazing to me & watching the animals, birds. All of it. But the people have just gotten soā€¦ ick since after 2020. Its amazing to me the way some of them act. When I can Iā€™ll show you the most recent sky pictures my daughter & I have taken. We are both watch the sky people. Especially in the AM & PM when the colors are changing, the clouds, the moon, the starsā€¦

13 Likes

Okay, I got some pictures of whatever these flowers are growing in my yard :joy: theyā€™ve popped up in a couple of different places and I have no clue what they are.

15 Likes

There is a free app called Picture This that can tell you what it is. Iā€™ve been using it for years and it works great. Let us know when you find out. They are gorgeous!

12 Likes

I ended up using Google Lens and I think theyā€™re a type of Scilla ā€“ if thatā€™s true, they need to come out :sob: theyā€™re pretty but theyā€™re also invasive!

12 Likes

Oh no! I have noticed I have some invasive plants in my yard too. Speaking of invasive, I need to plant my morning glory seeds that hubby bought me last fall! :laughing: He felt bad about killing mine.

13 Likes

Iā€™m reminded of the saying with perennials - first year sleep, second year creep. third year leap. Iā€™m in the second year of these herbs and wow what a difference a year makes! I am thinking I might move my absinthe as I think itā€™s getting overwhelmed by the stinging nettles and Valerian. Excited to start getting my plants started from seed in the garden this week (now if it would just stop threatening to frost. Weā€™re 2 weeks past the average dateā€¦ :cold_face: )
(Top to bottom, Left to Right - Chamomile, Valerian, Mugwort, Oregano and Absinthe.)

16 Likes

These are gorgeous!!! :blue_heart:

13 Likes

Your herbs are gorgeous @Artemisia!

13 Likes

Thank you! :green_heart: :herb:

13 Likes

Oh my goodness - look at all the pretty green things! :heart_eyes: I love them! Iā€™m so glad theyā€™re doing well. I didnā€™t even know that was a saying, either lol

Right?! Iā€™m still not entirely certain theyā€™re Scilla, but if they are, I have to remove them :sob: theyā€™re invasive but also dangerous to cats and dogs.

13 Likes

I recently found out that lesser celandine is invasiveā€¦ so gotta search some more on that to see if thereā€™s an issue with humans, cats, dogsā€¦ I donā€™t think so, but rather be sure.

My friend bought a pack of thyme :herb: to growā€¦ then had a suspicious plant :potted_plant: from those seedsā€¦ Itā€™s a type of rope hemp/hop. I told her she could make homemade beer :beers: for gifts :gift: to people. She said if I wanted to try just buy a pack of thyme seeds at the Dollar :heavy_dollar_sign: Store :rofl:

13 Likes

This is a photo of my Lilac Bush. This is the first year that I have blooms! I love it! :pink_heart: So thankful! :pray: and blessed!

@MeganB - Beautiful flowers!

@AIRAM - Your herbs look so beautiful!

@Susurrus - I would love to see pictures of your lovely plants!

@Artemisia - Your plants look so pretty!

Thank you everyone for your comments and pictures! Sending wishes for happy plants!

With love and kindness always

13 Likes

As soon as they bloom I will share! I have 1 bleeding heart :heavy_heart_exclamation: that is beginning :blush: I think the larger 1 is tooā€¦ We couldnā€™t transplant them this year due to work being done on the house soon & we didnt want to do it then have something happen or have to temporarily remove them to put them back :laughing:

We did have to remove the rhodedendron that was in front of our home. So that was sad :pensive: It was too big to transplant because of how it had been planted originally YEARS ago, before we lived here & too close to the house :house: :cry:

11 Likes

Beautiful ladies @Artemisia @marsha :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Itā€™s so pretty!!! I miss living where lilacs bloom. I grew up in Montana and Minnesota and adored the huge hedges of gorgeous blossoms! As a matter of fact, I think my college graduation photo is me in my cap, gown, and cowboy boots in front of a blooming lilac bush. :laughing:

12 Likes

Please do!!! I have fond memories of my motherā€™s prized bleeding heart growing up in our garden in Montana. I would love to see yours when it blossoms. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

12 Likes

I absolutely will! @Artemisia

@marsha Iā€™m so happy for you having blooms! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I would love :heart: to have a lilac bush of my own. Iā€™ll have to see if our seasonal nursery has any this year :hugs:

12 Likes