Magick Gardens One

I love the sunflowers… I hope to have some next year in my garden.

7 Likes

YIPPPEEEE MORE TOMATOS!!! That’s exciting @Amaris_Bane

I have had a ton and need to harvest more tomorrow. I have people coming over tomorrow to help my husband can them all since I’m too sick to do my canning this year. I froze some early and will make my Bloody Mary mix with all the skins and pits.

m

13 Likes

Lol at that haul!! We love tomatoes here so I was hoping to have them all summer but Texas has other plans, lol. I never thought about using the skins/pits for bloody Mary mix! My hubby likes those on the weekend so now I have to try it out when I get enough.

9 Likes

Sunflowers are a happy flowers @MsQ

I planted them the first year we were here, 2016, and they have come up every year since. They look different every summer, but they always make me smile!
I am looking forward to seeing pictures next year!

With love :heart: and sunflowers :sunflower: always

8 Likes

That looks amazing :sparkles: @jan_TheGreenWitch I love freshly picked tomatoes :tomato:

7 Likes

So, I know that it was single flowers each day for about 5 days & I shared the first couple. Well, this morning (just before the sun would start breaking the horizon) I saw this:

The other hibiscus bush beside it is colored differently & is the one that was clipped so it only has one bud on it that is getting ready to bloom! Eeekkk… I’m excited to see it :star_struck:

10 Likes

So beautiful, the perfect way to start my day!

7 Likes

I can’t walk out of my house in the AM without seeing new blooms the last 2 weeks!

My 2nd plant is opening! We had off & on light rain yesterday. Some thunder rolls in the AM the a couple lightning strikes within 10 miles…

However, the rest of my state & literally one town over, they had closed bridges & rotaries because of downpours & floods! I was shocked! Where we are, if you moved your car it was dry underneath & nothing resembling a puddle.

Also the top of my Rose of Sharon looks good this morning too!

New Bloom!

Yay for more blooms, they are sad from light rain that ended around 4:45 AM :cloud_with_rain:

11 Likes

Beautiful! @Susurrus
Thank you, I love seeing your lovely flowers each day.
:heart:

6 Likes

Oh, that makes me smile :smiling_face: if any more pop up through November I will take pictures. We have kind of a garden neighborhood… we actually give new neighbors gnomes. Well, it takes them a little bit to figure out that it’s my daughter & a neighbor & I picking them out & leaving them on their porches for them to find, but it’s a fun thing to do in the neighborhood. We also go through an I have to split this plant, here you go neighbor! So now I actually have 8 daisy bushes around my yard too :laughing: Along with hostas green & green & white… it’s a thing between 4 of our yards.

I’m hoping that there’s more tomorrow, but I am very happy with the number of flowers I have been able to collect this year!

7 Likes

So after misleading rain we were supposed to get but the rest of the area around us got, this greeted me this morning before the sunrise.

Then I looked across the street & saw these Hibiscus going too in front of a Butterfly Plant!

I don’t know what these are but they popped up next to some rocks we have on our property by the road. They aren’t brown or black eyed Susans, they are smaller than those.

These flowers on this bush are pretty, I have no idea what kind of bush it is though :laughing:

Oh! & these are Happiness Rocks. My daughter (along with me & our neighbor) would paint the flatter rocks with different things & words so as people walked by they would see them & either pick them up or leave them for others. These are the only 3 left. She used to do them every summer before she turned 12 :joy: We have shells that are the same way around the neighborhood too.

10 Likes

Your beautiful pictures make me smile and I needed that today! Thank you so much @Susurrus I love the idea of Happiness Rocks! I need to make some.

With Love :heart: always

6 Likes

I’m so happy that you love the pictures. When I go outside the first time in the morning, well it’s either still dark… but then it’s that time between sunrise & the moon setting where the sun is just starting to maybe break the horizon. That’s when I look for my first smiles of the day with what is going on outside.

I hope your day remains a good one with smiles a plenty!

I forget where we got the original idea, I know it started with clam shells after we would go clamming & have a boil. We’d wash out the shells for clams & quahogs & then paint them. I think we ran out & started using flat rocks because my driveway & at the time my neighbor had stone driveways that were like river rocks sort of… I honestly forget what the rocks are called for the driveway :laughing:

:revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

I love wondering Jews my favorite!

Jeannie

11 Likes

So this morning I was so happy when I walked out front to these:

Through our drought status this past month, this one Day Lily made it to bloom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is what the rest of my circle of lilies looks like

But this one & a couple of others decided to make an appearance for me

11 Likes

Your Wondering Jews look beautiful @Jeannie1 :herb: :heart:

5 Likes

So lovely @Susurrus
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you! I have been feeling a little down for the last several days, and I love seeing your happy smiling flowers.
Love :heart: and :hugs:

5 Likes

Marsha thank you :blush: I tried drawing :writing_hand: it for fun! I never finished but I want to draw nature!
Jeannie

6 Likes

I can relate. They are my first smile I look for when I wake up because they make me smile & very happy first thing in the AM.

I also think that dead heading them they produce another bloom. So I’m crossing my fingers there.

When it gets closer to dawn, I’ll go see what has been going on over night

6 Likes

So, I was actually AWAKE at 1 AM EST, so I was awake through one of my favorite times of day… however, while I found 7 blooms that need about a day before any open, I didn’t have any new blooms yet. So I walked across the street to one of the right of ways that goes to the channel between us & the smaller island off of our shore. (We can walk over at low tide in some places) Anyway, this is what I saw for about 10 minutes before I walked back home:

The Sun had just started to decide it wanted to come up for the day

7 Likes