Medicinal and Magickal- an Introduction to Heather! 🌿

@Francisco Could you make a printable page for Heather? :grinning:

And I am honestly not sure about a make up test. This class was expensive so I should think they would allow it!

7 Likes

Great idea! I’ll get to work on that! :page_facing_up:

My mother-in-law is a Master Gardener and we live next to her so I get to ask her all sorts of questions about gardening (plus we get tons of herbs for free!) :smiley: It’d be great if they let you take the test!

8 Likes

Thanks for the great info! Heather is such an amazing herb/flower! It’s so beautiful to look at pictures of fields of Heather from afar.

3 Likes

Fab info, thanks as always @BryWisteria! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

You are very welcome @Francisco, @wendy4, @christina4, and @Abs53! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Everyone always shares such amazing wisdom, I’m always happy when I learn about something neat and I can share back with everyone! :pray::two_hearts:

That’s so wonderful you took classes to become a Master Gardener, @janelle! :heart_eyes: Sorry to hear about the test- but I imagine it’s a seasonal program? You may be able to jump in on the next group when it’s time for them to take the test! :memo: Fingers crossed for you- it sounds like you put in a lot of time and effort into the classes, you deserve to get recognition for all your studies and hard work! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Here’s a printable page for your Book of Shadows with the most useful information from this post! :white_flower:

Heather-plant-thumb

10 Likes

The printable page came out beautiful, @Francisco! :two_hearts: Thank you for making it! :open_book::pray:

5 Likes

It looks great! Thank you @Francisco I’m gonna print it out today and add it! Again, thank you @BryWisteria for posting and sharing all of this wonderful information.

5 Likes

You’re very welcome!!

4 Likes

Oh! That is incredibly interesting. I love learning things about other places. I wish I could go visit the places in my ancestry and where things like this are local. I am low on all kinds of things, so maybe I can get some another way to use in my practice. I’m either growing or gathering the others that need now.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, @janelle! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Have fun with heather, and feel free to share if you find an exciting new use for it or use heather in a new craft- I’d love to see it! :bouquet::hearts:

I’m glad you found it interesting, @Susurrus! :two_hearts: I hope you can do some traveling and maybe spot heather in the wild someday! :herb: I think it’s wonderful you are growing and gathering the things you need- if you ever find yourself longing for an herb that can’t be grown/found in your area, there are some great online shops that will ship it to you! :grin::+1:

There may be an herbalist nearby with ingredients for sale or connections with other herb shops in your area. For online shops, I love Mountain Rose Herbs! :bouquet: I imagine there are also some online herb shops that others have tried before listed in the Recommendations category.

Best of luck and happy crafting! :sunflower::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you Francisco. I appreciate your knowledge. I value your sharing.

3 Likes

I was exploring a new park yesterday and came across (what I’m pretty sure) is Polish heather! :purple_heart:

Unfortauntely there were a lot of bugs (darn! :mosquito:) so we didn’t linger long enough to investigate- there was a lot of water nearby so the mosquitos were quite bad.

It was a very pretty place and I’m happy to have found some heather nearby! Maybe I’ll go back on a windy day and collect some branches for the apartment :purple_heart:

5 Likes

That looks like a lot of Lavender or it could be Salvia. Where were these located at? They are beautiful!

edit I forgot you said you live in Poland correct? Lol silly me. It does look like Heather too!

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, @janelle! I’ll have to go back and truly investigate next time :face_with_monocle: It’s hard to tell from the pics, but those were some huge bushes- about as tall as I am! :laughing: I’ve never seen lavender get to be so big, but it could definitely be Salvia, or possibly a Butterfly Bush as well :butterfly:

And yes, I’m in Poland! In the capital Warsaw at the moment. I’m finding a lot of familiar plants and herbs here (mostly in garden centers and flower shops because it’s a big city) but also several things (like heather!) that I didn’t know about before :star_struck:. It’s been quite the herbal learning experience! :bouquet:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria, thank you for sharing! Great medicinal and spiritual properties.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @walter! :purple_heart: I hope heather can become a helpful ingredient in your practice- love and light to you!

3 Likes

Thank you Travel Witch and Francisco for the BOS page! I have never heard of of Heather but it looks like they sell it at Lowe’s. I would like to put this in my Witchey collection!

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Hooray! I’m glad you could find some local heather, @Jeannie1! I am sure it will be a delightful addition to your witchy garden :herb: :blush: Enjoy!

3 Likes

Heather brings luck and it helps with self-discovery. It’s a new beginnings plant!

We’d love to see where you place your new plant, Jeannie!

3 Likes