Merry Meet Monday! October 12th ๐ŸŒž

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night and a very Merry Meet Monday to you! :heart:

:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~Happy Birthday, Aleister Crowley~

If you missed it in last weekโ€™s Merry Meet Monday, today, October 12th is the birthday of British occultist, demonology expert, and early influencer of Wiccan practices- Aleister Crowley.

Consider celebrating by doing some coffee magick with the Aleister Crowley Coffee Consecration or Crowleyโ€™s Pan Devotional Hymn :deer:

~Moon Phase: New Moon~

This Friday, October 16th we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon :new_moon:

To find the exact time of moon phases for your location, I recommend the Moon Phase Calendar from the Old Farmerโ€™s Almanac.

New-Moon-Spells

The time of the new moon is a great time to either take a break from magick, or partake in various New Moon Rituals . You can find a list of rituals and spells specifically for drawing on energy from the new moon on Spells8 :sparkles:

maxresdefault

:new_moon: New Moon Spells & Rituals for Beginners: What to do on a NEW MOON?

Visit the Moon Magick: New Moon page for more information about the benefits of the new moon and ways to prepare for this special celestial occasion :milky_way:

~Other Events of Interest~

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week include:

Ongoing Challenge :trophy:

What does the future have in store for you? Time to peer into the beyond and see what lies ahead in this weekโ€™s Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Foretelling the Future!

There are countless divination methods used by soothsayers to see into the future. Get out your tarot deck, witch runes, or pendulumโ€ฆ or consider trying a new method like dice divination :game_die: or onychomancy :nail_care:

:exclamation: This weekโ€™s challenge will remain open until tomorrow, Tuesday, October 13th at 7:00AM CET :exclamation:

After this time a Props and Presents Post will appear with recognition and gifts for all entries :gift_heart:

For challenge enthusiasts, a new challenge is announced every Wednesday :loudspeaker:

New Members :wave:

A very meet to all of the new members who have joined during the past week!

@larry, @peggy, @kayleigh, @amanda23, @sami, @samantha16, @ayame, @Ebb, @erica6, @april8, @erin9, @dinlovetter, @hannah9, @deatra, @jami1, @ashley18, @luna1, @william1, @dawn6, @kristyn, @april9, @kyra, @candace3, @olivia1, @taylor9, @karly, @sheena2, @jessica33, @rachel8, @shaan, @charmaine1, @robyn3, @jazmin2, @rifat, @kacie, @ashleyanderson, @tiffany9, @loretta, @steven2, @emberlore, @yasmin, @sartorius, @kimberly14, @sherrydong, @wendy7, @autumn4, @slowanky, @matilda, @mj1, @tonya4, @jenibelle, @abby3, @shoaeb, @nicole16, @heather18, @britney2, @shanee, @patience1, @robin3, @SalemSoulSister, @nina2, @april10, @stephanie17, @lin

If you havenโ€™t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. You might want to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• A very well-earned round of applause to @Amethyst ! :clap: The award for the most likes given and posts written over the past week goes to you! :heart::writing_hand: For four weeks you have spread so much love and creativity in the forums- you are a ray of positivity and a true blessing. We are lucky to have you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a four-week streak at the top of the hearts and posts pedestal, @Amethyst will receive a special title and badge for all the love shared- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts: The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a one month rest period :+1:

To everyone in the Spells8 forum family- a big thank you to you too! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :two_hearts:

Any plans for the week ahead? :mag_right: Will you be working some new moon magick? :new_moon:

If you have anything on your mind, feel free to share your plans and thoughts for the week ahead in the comments below!

May the new moon fill you with strength as you start this new week with a refreshed frame of mind and full power.

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Are you sure itโ€™s International Skeptics Day tomorrow?

Thank you so much hon! Iโ€™ll wear the badge with pride!

I plan to rest for the New Moon this month. I go see my shrink on Wednesday and thatโ€™s always fun. Nothing wrong there, just need my scripts but Iโ€™m due for some yearly tests and Iโ€™m not looking forward to them. Other than that, Iโ€™m looking forward to starting my book for the new book club! Oh, and I got a book on the Horned God this morning for free on Amazon. You canโ€™t beat that price and it looks pretty good. I might make that my next book choice. I have so many on my reading list, itโ€™s hard to choose.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

7 Likes

Welcome to all new members! And congratulations to those who are getting awesome props :heart: you deserve it!

7 Likes

The noise which just came out of my face was not attractive :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

6 Likes

Sorry @Limeberry, but I had to do it! Someone was bound to, it might as well be me! :rofl:

7 Likes

Congrats @Amethyst!
This week Iโ€™m just going with the flow, easy riding through the weekโ€ฆ:grin:. No big plans, except my craft. Iโ€™ve added to my Dibble with Brigid. So Iโ€™m learning about her, Iโ€™ve also been pulling a card every morning for the past few days, which is nice. And Iโ€™m finishing up the lessons also. Iโ€™ve got my book of mirrors almost ready And Iโ€™ve completed the first two lessons in it .
Blessed Be Everyone.

6 Likes

LOL that was too funny, Kasie!!! :rofl: And congratulations!! Your new title is ready now!! :+1:

I love that easy rider attitude @Rowan :sunglasses:! I want to take this week like that too!!

6 Likes

Omg Kasie I was already opening another tab to check with Google about the date when I realized :joy: Youโ€™re too funny! :+1:

But oh goodness it was Maxโ€™s visit to the vet last week and this week itโ€™s your turn- I hope it all goes well and the tests are quick and easy! :pray: Nice find on the free book- you certainly canโ€™t beat that price :laughing: Hope you have a great week as well, Kasie!

Great work, Tamera! :clap: Wow, youโ€™ve been busy- best of luck with the rest of the lessons and working on your Book of Mirrors :blue_book: . Very exciting- have a wonderful week! :heart:

6 Likes

@Amethyst youโ€™re too much! :rofl: I love your personality :slight_smile: :gift_heart: but I hope everything goes well with the vet! Let us know how it turns out. I am behind on reading the new posts but Iโ€™ll get there.

4 Likes

Thank you, darling! It sounds like youโ€™ve got a nice week planned.

I had to do it. It was just there for the first person and I was it. LOL. I think I found my new title. Heart of the Forum? Iโ€™m really proud of it, thank you so much @Francisco!

Iโ€™m sorry, but I just had to make that joke. Iโ€™m glad you found it funny. I wouldnโ€™t want to hurt your feelings or anything.

Yep, Mas last week and me tomorrow and I have another appointment with another doctor later in the month. Oh, and a phone call with my counselor. I have doctors coming out of my ears this month!

Hee! Iโ€™d say the devil made me do that joke, only I donโ€™t believe in him. LOL. The vet went well, other than Max is on a diet becaue heโ€™s chunky. I need to play with him more, or something. Get him to moving. Hope you have a good time catching up on posts! Itโ€™s a bit daunting when you get behind. Good luck @christina4!

6 Likes

Yes it is daunting! Iโ€™m just taking a break from school work and decided to check some notifications.

2 Likes

Congrats @Amethyst!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: What a beautiful badge! :heart_eyes: Definitely well deserved and one to wear with pride. Love your posts and warm personality, youโ€™re truly the Heart of the Forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Aww. :blush: Thank you @Limeberry! I love my new badge and I hope to keep commenting here for many more months to come. You mods take a lot of the credit, having such a great community here. Thank you for that! :hugs:

3 Likes

I do love a good joke! :grin: Every day is better with a little more laughter in it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, it does sound like a lot of time with the doctors- hope it all goes smoothly! I imagine itโ€™ll feel great once all the appointments are checked off and done with! Best of luck :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks love! Hopefully next month will be lighter on the doctor front. Weโ€™ll see I guess.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatโ€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.