Merry Meet Monday! October 26 🎃

A very (spooky) Merry Meet Monday to all!

:skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle::skull_and_crossbones::jack_o_lantern::bat::candle:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~Group Ritual~

Join the Spells8 forum family for a quiet moment and warm cup of tea on Thursday, October 29th

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s ritual post to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :coffee:

~Moon Phase: Full Moon~

The full moon this Saturday, October 31st is not just any full moon- this Saturday we are blessed with an extra special phenomenon called a Blue Moon :large_blue_circle:

Full moons are the time of the month when the moon is at its most powerful. For this Blue Moon, draw on the unique energy by doing a special Blue Moon Ritual Spell.

Blue-Moon-Ritual-Magic-Spell-750x500

Or perhaps consider @SilverBear’s beautiful Blue Moon Release Spell or @MeganB’s lovely Blue Moon Wellness Spell.

Blue-Moon-Spell-by-MeganB-thumb

This is a very exciting event- Blue Moons only happen once every (almost) 3 years!

Feel free to share plans and swap spells in one of the Discussions about the Blue Moon :full_moon:

~Holiday: Samhain (Halloween)~

The Wheel of the Year is ever turning and the holiday in the cycle is rapidly approaching- on Saturday, October 31st we celebrate Samhain in the Northern Hemisphere!

Samhain Celebration Ideas will give you a guide on how you can celebrate.

Samhain-Celebration-Ideas

Samhain marks a day where the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest- now is a wonderful time to honor ancestors and celebrate the cycle of life and death. It is considered to be the Witches’ New Year and marks a period of change.

For more information about Samhain, check out the Samhain Solitary Celebration Ritual.

Witches-New-Year-Samhain-800x530

~Other Events of Interest~

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week include:

Ongoing Challenge :trophy:

Collect any missing badges or titles in this week’s special Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Catch Up!

Was there a challenge you missed? New to forums? Previous challenges topics include Earth-Friendly Magick, Divination, The Magic of Dreams, Moon Magick, Potion Making, and more! Now is a chance to delve back in time and try your hand at any of the previous challenges.

Please keep in mind that this challenge will close soon. The deadline to participate is:

:exclamation: TOMORROW, Tuesday October 26th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants and the previous challenges will once again be closed :old_key:

As always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiats.

Divination Discussions :crystal_ball:

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in on the Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experiences about different methods of divination.

There’s lots to learn- so if you’d like to participate, please join in the discussion by Wednesday, October 28th!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@carmen1, @chloey, @marie6, @MarkedSound, @Amavi, @marcy, @kendra2, @virra326, @deianeira, @Neptune, @iola, @babawale, @diedre, @laura14, @bev, @patricia10, @randi, @leroy, @haythem, @terrell, @dawn7, @beverly1, @taylor10, @ashley19, @linda5, @taysha, @tiffany10, @lucia, @kiera2, @danyel, @georgina, @dqavius, @harper, @hanna, @julie12, @sharon5, @charity, @tammy4, @jenaie, @brianna3, @danielle14, @anna8, @christy5, @tiffani1, @tia1, @askhazey, @joshua3, @rachael4, @rosie, @sarah18, @litzy, @andrea15, @pushpathevy, @vanity, @beverly2, @mya, @jewel, @iuliia, @aspen, @heather20, @samantha17, @ronika1, @brittany16, @krista3, @lucia1, @diana3, @jay4, @zaquoya, @carmelida1, @rebecca10, @shayla2, @april11,

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. You might want to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• Well done to @Christina4 who has written the most posts over the past seven days- and is on a two-week streak :writing_hand: Your daily affirmations and insightful inputs are always welcome- thank you for all that you share!

• Warm thanks to @Rowan who has liked the most posts over the past week- also on a two-week streak :heart: Your warm heart and generosity do not go missed- you are a positive presence and appreciated!

And of course, a big thank you to all members of the Spells8 forum family! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :heart_decoration:

Are your plans ready for Samhain/Halloween? :jack_o_lantern: what Blue Moon Magick will you be working? :large_blue_circle:

There is a very thrilling week ahead- feel free to share your upcoming plans and excitement in the comments below!

Haunted happenings lie ahead- have a wonderful and blessed Blue Moon/ Samhain/ Halloween Super Weekend!

Love and Light! :candle: :bat:

8 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and to @Rowan! Wonderful job!

I had no idea about the divination discussion, I’m trying to work with my pendulum and tarot cards more since I am coming back out of my shell. I have had a lot going on and there is still more to come over the next couple of weeks. Starting Wednesday with my hearing! It came upon me so fast, it’s like I missed a couple of weeks! I feel like I just got the notice in the mail about it.

On Samhain, a friend of mine is picking me & my crystals up to go to her daughter’s house for a ritual. It will be my first actual Samhain ritual and I couldn’t have asked for a better friend to share it with that night. I’m really looking forward to it. I still haven’t found out what is going on with this town and Halloween. I did get a flyer about the Boys and Girls Club one town over doing a drive-thru trick or treat. I don’t know that we will do that, my daughter likes to stay close to home.

I did manage to catch up on 2 of the challenges that I missed. I’m very excited about the new badges I will have to display and did I learned a lot doing them. I love working with my divination tools too.

I also found out that I see shadow people and as an Empath, things make so much more sense now that I know what I am seeing in the corner of my eyes throughout the day. I see them throughout the day, at any given moment in time. There’s really no rhyme or reason to when I will see them. I’m excited that they are something, so maybe now I will try harder to “see” what it is that’s there.

I will be here on Thursday. I am looking forward to getting back to where I was prior to the first surgery that I had on my hand. I love the Coven Tea Get-Togethers we have on Thursdays to catch up with each other.

I hope everyone has a great day and week! I will see you throughout the forum!

4 Likes

Congrats to @Rowan and @christina4 for their lovely support of the forum! Way to go ladies!

As for Halloween, I’m doing the solitary Samhain ritual that night but also finding time to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show once or twice. So I’ll be doing the Time Warp once again! LOL.

Hope y’all have a good week!

5 Likes

Oh yes!!! Rocky Horror!!! I love that movie :popcorn::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

timewarp
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Limeberry :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

So much excitement for you this week, @Susurrus! Good luck with the hearing tomorrow and your very first Samhain celebration- it sounds like you will have wonderful company with your friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: A drive-thru trick or treat sounds interesting- I hope you and your daughter can find a fun (and safe!) way to celebrate the holiday :candy::jack_o_lantern:

Congrats again on your wonderful challenge entries and on getting back on track! I’m looking forward to tea together with you on Thursday as well :tea::two_hearts: Have a great week to you, too!

Sounds like a wonderful Halloween celebration to me! Good luck with the ritual and enjoy, @Amethyst :heart::candle:

And omg @Limeberry :joy:

2 Likes

I sing along, which probably scares my neighbors. So that counts as a trick for Halloween. LOL.

It’s the pelvic thrust, that really drives you insane! Hee!

It should be a good day! I’m hoping it will be! Hope yours will be as good as mine will be!

3 Likes

I found out that our town is letting people go trick or treating if they want to but are urging residents to be safe. So I’m sure Peanut will be out & about, since she has a mask and her costume has gloves I’m not too worried about it. We just won’t have the people we usually do when she goes.

I’m really excited about my first Samhain, my friend is picking me & my crystals up at 10ish that night. I still can’t drive and wouldn’t want to try that night. I love her daughter too so it should be a good time.

4 Likes

Wishing you and your daughter a very fun and safe Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern::candy: Enjoy the Samhain ritual- let us know how it goes! It sounds like the three of you will have a lovely time :candle:

2 Likes

I was planning on doing a solitary ritual, but I found out that from 6pm to 8pm they are allowing trick or treating and my daughter would like to go out. They are urging people to be safe while doing so, which of course we will. So I am going to make a tea that I have for Samhain and enjoy it while I’m at home and they are out trick or treating. I may work with my pendulum some also with my new dowsing cloth before I go with my friend.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lovely plan, @Susurrus! This weekend is going to be a busy one :laughing: Do you have a special tea planned for Samhain? :coffee::yum:

2 Likes

It is a special tea, I got it last week and on the package, it says Samhain. So I’m excited to try it. I’m so excited about Samhain this year because I get to do something for it! I think sometime today, I am going to put some of my grandmother’s jewelry on my altar space.

1 Like

That sounds awesome, @Susurrus! So found that you found a tea dedicated to Samhain- I hope it tastes delicious :blush: A beautiful idea to add your mother’s jewelry to the altar. Have a blessed Samhain! :candle::two_hearts:

3 Likes

This quite possibly has been the hardest week of my life and for my family. But today we put all of that aside to celebrate the holiday. Seems like the perfect way to bring in the new year.

I spent the day with most of the family. A couple of them are hanging out with a group of friends tonight.

I’m doing a private ceremony with moon water, a scrying bowl, candles, and salt. My tarot are ready for a moonlit reading, too.

Congrats @Rowan and @christina4!

So thankful for this online coven. I love seeing what each of you are up to and having like-minded people to learn from. Blessed be, this Samhain. If you celebrate this as your pagan new year, like I do, Happy Pagan New Year!

5 Likes

So sorry that it’s been rough for you and your loved ones lately, @praecog29. Thank you for the warm Samhain wishes- sending them back to you! I hope you all had a lovely holiday and are entering this week (and the Witches’ New Year) with a fresh new start :raised_hands: May many blessings come your way soon- love and light! :heart:

3 Likes

Sorry you had such a difficult week @praecog29 :heart:
Sending lots of love. Sounds like your Samhain celebrations were gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.