Merry Meet Monday! Sept 7 πŸ’œ

Warm wishes and a very Merry Meet Monday to all! :purple_heart:

:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~Last Quarter Moon~

For moon lovers who are ready for more lunar casting as last week’s Moon Magick Challenge, rejoice! :raised_hands: Thursday, September 10th we will be blessed with a last quarter moon :last_quarter_moon:.

To find the exact time of moon phases for your location, I recommend the Moon Phase Calendar from the Old Farmer’s Almanac.

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

For more information about Moon Magick and specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter :last_quarter_moon:

~Group Ritual~

This Thursday, September 10th there is a group ritual where the members of the Spells8 forum family can come together, share a moment across the miles, share our thoughts, and talk about tea :tea:

You are very welcome to join the forum family in this week’s Group Ritual- Tea and Talk as a Coven!

~Positive Thinking Day~

A very uplifting occasion, this Sunday, September 13th is Positive Thinking Day! :grin: An official but fun day that encourages good thoughts and happy vibes.

Time and Date explains that this day is all about thinking positively and enjoying the many benefits that happy thoughts can bring you. The website talks more about the many upsides to making time to invite positivity into your life, such as: reducing stress, lowering combating negative health conditions, and even lengthening your lifespan.

Don’t know how to celebrate? The website lists a few ways to help you enjoy this interesting holiday:

• Make a conscious decision not to put yourself down every time you do something wrong.

• Laugh as much as you can. Laughter can reduce stress and decrease the urge to think negatively.

• Do something nice for yourself, a loved one or a stranger - doing good deeds can help increase levels of optimism.

[From Positive Thinking Day]

You can learn more about this happy holiday at Time and Date: Positive Thinking Day.

Ongoing Challenge :raised_hands:

Speaking of positivity, the wonderful @Abs53 has created a Self Love Challenge! Head over to this thread and join the challenge to spread some love while you practice self-care :hugs:

As for the next Weekly Witchy Challenge, it will be announced very soon!

New Members :wave:

To all those who have joined the forum over the past week- a very merry meet to you!

@magnus, @sierra5, @sarah16, @heather14, @mariam, @tara2, @nyteshia, @winnie, @crystal8, @reina, @viola1, @hanli, @linda4, @mikey, @maria5, @alexandra4, @shari1, @nandita, @alexandra5, @katelyn3, @brianna2, @whitley, @sharon3, @claire2, @laura11, @sarah17, @theresa6, @april6, @elizabeth6, @crystal9, @barbara1, @faith2, @riley1, @samanta, @katherine6, @dorian, @lou, @becky3, @ellen, @sheila1, @wendy5, @donna1, @darren, @patricia7, @charles, @april7, @paula, @christine6, @MelaninWitch, @blaze, @sara8, @lois, @loraly, @leila, @emily6, @daija, @mirylie, @raquel, @melissa8, @amanda20, @angela14, @daytona, @LeeAnn, @leah1, @anthony1, @teresa1, @reagan, @bailey2, @jeanne, @shanta, @kaitlyn3, @elvira, @morgan3, @LilithLane, @angelika1, @chelsi, @PuppetMama, @rebecca8

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. You can share a bit about who you are and your journey (or journey’s start!) with your unique practice.

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• On a three-week streak, @Susurrus has written the most posts in the past 7 days :writing_hand:. You write every post with care- we are very blessed with your kind words and lovely messages!
  • The one who has liked the most posts over the last week is @Amethyst :heart_decoration:. You have a big heart and are full of love- thank you for sharing your warmth with the forum!

And as always- a big thank you to each and every member of the Spells8 forum family! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches around the world. Thank you for being a part of this coven community :hearts:

What does this week have in store for you? :spiral_calendar: What magick will you be practicing in the coming days? :sparkles:

If you have any thoughts, plans, or challenges for the week ahead- feel free to share in the comments below!

May your practice continue to grow as you learn and thrive on your path!

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I’m challenging myself to do more moon phase spells. :new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon: I’ve always been connected to the moon but lately I feel it more.
I’m practicing gratitude. People around me complain so much that I hope I can make an influence :joy:
I also have school and my kids go back to school on the 10th.

5 Likes

This week is going to be crazy. I have to take my youngest to an evaluation for occupational therapy. And my two school-age kids have appointments with their psychologist. I’ve been trying to do more moon magic, and my whole family has been trying to celebrate sabbats together. I’m teaching my two youngest magic this year as part of their homeschool curriculum, and their enjoying it. I’m hoping to get some moon work done this week, but I also have to make sure the kids are doing okay with all the extra activity.

6 Likes

Thank you again @BryWisteria and a big congratulations to @Amethyst! I’m working on remembering that some things are out of my control and I have to let them be. I’m not the only one struggling through the pandemic. I have to learn that there will come a time I can work on other things but right now my family is what needs to be focused on for us to thrive. I am continuing to work on my mental health and every day poses a new challenge.

I made some Florida Water and the smell throughout the house was amazing. I save what little liquid was left and the herbs because I don’t know why I save the herbs. I’m going to use the diffuser recipe for my room, I just loved the smell in the house yesterday.

I won’t have much going on this week. I have a psychiatrist and counseling appointment and I will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon this week. My joints are protesting me having such a good time lately and just don’t want me to keep going. I do despite the way I feel, but I also need to learn that it’s okay to take a break and be down just don’t live there and keep moving.

I look forward to our tea on Thursday and the next challenge coming up. I hope everyone has a great week too! I will talk to you soon!

5 Likes

Good luck with your appointments @Susurrus :blush::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Thank you for having a magical place to meet and talk to people on. I appreciate it! You guys have made me very happy to get to know. I feel much more connected to a community here. It’s great!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @PuppetMama! Sounds like your very busy. I applaud all the parents out there having to home school. That’s difficult. Good luck this week!

4 Likes

Thank you! I talk to my psychiatrist about how my dissociation is going and then I have my counseling appointment. So if nothing else they will be interesting.

4 Likes

@PuppetMama that’s a pretty good idea teaching them as part of the curriculum. When my daughter gets interested in what I’m doing I explain it to her and I let her help me too. She gets interested in other things just as fast though. If there’s even a chance of being on or near a boat, she is gone.

3 Likes

Thank you for the congratulations @Susurrus! And it’s great you have the most post! Good luck with your appointments this week. Seeing a counselor and having my meds changed by a psychiatrist has really made a difference to me in like, two and a half months. It’s made all the difference!

Take a break when you need it, don’t punish yourself. :hugs:

4 Likes

This week I have 2 interviews booked in and I’m waiting to hear back from another 2 by the end of the week :crossed_fingers:t2: so I’m going to be doing a lot of career related magic I think! :sparkles:

Hopefully a chant to Ceres and a door opener spell will help! - does anyone know if I can exchange bay leaves with sage leaves :leaves: for the door opener spell? I can’t see a problem with it but wanted to double check!

Bearing in mind my confidence may be knocked due to Mars retro on Wednesday, I am going extra protective with my crystals, affirmations and practicing interview questions! :joy:

I am also hoping to finish a few more modules of my formulation course and test a few new products for my future venture into skin care :crystal_ball:

Other plans for the week include clearing out the dreaded downstairs cupboard and dying my friends hair :haircut_woman:

Hope you all have a fabulous week! :tada:

5 Likes

Good luck with your interviews @Abs53! I hope you have something nice happen for you soon!

4 Likes

@Abs53 I know that rosemary can be exchanged for any herb. Good luck on your interviews! Career related seems like a great idea and I am sure the perfect job will come your way! Tell Mars to back off, that should do it.

4 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst, I’m here a lot lol. But when I have down time I like to see what my friends and family are up to. So, here I am.

3 Likes

@Amethyst Thanks. I am very busy. We have actually homeschooled for years, so there was no change-up when the world went sideways. But I’ll admit, it can be very difficult, especially when you are homeschooling 2-3 special needs kids with different learning disabilities. We do have a lot of fun, though.

4 Likes

That’s got to be difficult with just 2-3 kids, not to mention the special disabilities. You get a gold star! :star2:

4 Likes

Yes! A lot of people who don’t like burning sage choose to burn bay leaves for protection. I can see it going the other way around too. Other herbs you may use are: Angelica, Basil, Lemon balm, Vervain, or Yarrow.

Lots of luck!! :pray: :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Wonderful, thank you! :heart: I am planning on casting this morning.

4 Likes

Gratitude is a wonderful habit, @christina4! Don’t let the negativity and complaints of others hold you down- you are wonderful, talented, and have many blessings in your life! :two_hearts:

Enjoy the time learning with your children, @PuppetMama! I’m glad you are enjoying the moon magick- do you have any plans for the Last Quarter moon this week? :last_quarter_moon:

Keep those positive thoughts and energies flowing, @Susurrus! You’re doing great, and I’m glad the Florida Water came out well :grinning:

You are very, very welcome @Amethyst- it’s been a pleasure getting to know you too! Thank you for all of the love and light that you bring with you, we are lucky to have you here! :sparkling_heart:

Best of luck with your interviews and casting, @Abs53! Sending good thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed for you :blush: Skin care is a very promising industry! As someone with very sensitive skin, it was struggle for a long time to find okay products. What kind of products are you looking into? Makeup, moisturizer, cleaning, etc.? Very exciting :grin:

I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start- Blessed Be! :heart_decoration:

4 Likes

What kind of products are you looking into? @BryWisteria

I’m starting with cleansers, toners, moisturisers, serums and exfoliaters :blush: all ingredients are going to be natural :seedling: and gentle, and all recipes will be made by hand and blessed by me :blush: I’m also looking into sustainable packaging and if I could do refills and/or reusing the bottles for customers and giving them some money off in the process :dollar:

3 Likes