Merry Meet Monday: Witchy News of the Week (Sep 28 - Oct 4) 🌗

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in the forum and the witchy world at large.

Here’s the news for this week :eyes:



Please remember that you must be logged into your Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!


[ [ Group Ritual :candle: ] ]

→ Thursday, Oct 1

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the duration of the ritual.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open through the weekend. Feel free to check out the most recent group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE: This week’s group ritual can be found here: (Group Ritual - Oct 1) :scythe: October Transformation Ritual


Fun Friday

[ [ Fun Friday :tada: ] ]

→ Friday, Oct 2

The end of the week means it’s time for some fun! Come join @Feathertip on a weekly exploration through thought-provoking questions - all in the name of a good time with your coven mates.

New questions are shared in the Fun Friday discussion every weekend.


Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

→ Saturday, Oct 3

This week we will be blessed by the light of a last quarter moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:


Other Events - MMM

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other interesting events this week include:

Stay on top of witchy news with the 2026 Pagan Holiday Calendar. You can also add the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:



Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are ongoing and are open to enjoy whenever you’d like - feel free to participate any time before their deadlines!


Your Traditions - Witch Challenge

[ [ Witch Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Join your coven and explore an area of magick! These challenges encourage magickal learning and everyone is warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice. All entrants receive a small prize.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge and read entries here:

This challenge will remain open until: Tuesday, September 29 at 7:00 AM ET (Eastern US Time)


Tarot Challenge

[ [ Tarot Talks :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Improve your tarot reading skills here! This month-long exploration of the cards is hosted by @leilani1. Check back each day for a new daily prompt to work on and help you connect with your deck.

Visit the Tarot space:


Lenormand Challenge

[ [ Lenormand Challenge :joker: ] ]

Have you used Lenormand cards before? Branch out and explore a fascinating method of divination! This month-long exploration of the cards is hosted by @dan3. Check back each day for a new daily prompt to work on with your deck.

Visit the Lenormand Challenge here:


self care collective

[ [ Self-Care Collective :heart: ] ]

Self-care is important, but it can be hard to do on your own - for accountability and companionship, come join this Self-Care Collective hosted by @Artemisia. Everyone is welcome to share their self-care updates and check-in with fellow coven members.

Visit the Self-Care Collective here:


EEC September

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange and is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:


September Birthdays

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Let’s celebrate! Here is a space to honor coven members on their birthdays. If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile.

Come wish your fellow coven members well on their special days:


Daily Single Draws - for MMM

[ [ Coven Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Want to draw a card for the coven? This shared space is for daily shared readings. Feel free to draw a card (or rune, ogham, pendulum, tea reading, etc - all forms of divination are welcome) for the collective, or stop by to read the messages for the day.


Study Buddies

[ [ Magickal Study Buddies :books: ] ]

Ready to bring your studies to the next level? Work together with a buddy! Magickal study buddies are fellow practitioners who are studying the same areas of the Craft as you. Connect with others to boost motivation, gain inspiration, stay accountable, and (hopefully!) make new friends with similar magickal interests :mage:

The Magickal Study Buddies discussion will remain open indefinitely for connecting with fellow magickal learners. Happy studies! :woman_mage:


Spell A Day - Crystal Galaxy

[ [ A Spell A Day :sparkles: ] ]

Want to add some magick to your day, but not sure what to cast? The Spell-A-Day has you covered!

Over the years, a vast archive of magickal spells, resources, information and more has been collected from around Spells8. Every day, one spell that taps into the energy of the day is brought out of the library and put on display for all to see and enjoy.

There is a new spell post every day, so stop by A Sacred Space > Spell-A-Day whenever you visit the forum to see the recommended daily spell.



New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@Musick420 - @moon2 - @christopher - @jane - @valeri - @justice - @abigail - @karri - @sierra9 - @stephanie10 - @kathy10 - @tracy8 - @brenda6 - @lisa5 - @lisa7 - @taylor1 - @anthony3

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in the Introductions category. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello - we’d love to meet you!

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum :wave::heart:



Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Super Stars

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

  • @moonstruck for sharing the most posts and hearts :writing_hand: :heart: (on a two week streak!)

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and love with the coven, it is greatly appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period, so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) . Those who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted, as they have earned their place in the legendary Forum Hall of Fame :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU!

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you!



Welcome to October! Are you ready for spooky season? :ghost:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Congrats well done :partying_face:

10 Likes

Merry Meet, everyone! We’re glad you’re here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congrats on the shout-out, @moonstruck ! A two-week streak! Thank you for sharing your love and wisdom with us. :heart:

Thank you for another MMM, @BryWisteria! :sparkling_heart:

The deck project is coming right along!

It should be done no later than tomorrow - they’re out there right now, sawing and hammering and getting those planks in place. This was an unexpected expense (we only planned on replacing the steps), but it had to be done. The weather has been fabulous here for an outdoor project, so I’m going with the flow.

In other news, when harvesting some parsley off an outdoor pot, just as I was ready to chop up, I spied this:

I brought the other plants inside for an inspection and there he was:

There are three in all - one was hiding from me so couldn’t get a picture. They’ve been doing well, but I am watching one who seems languishing behind the others, not eating and moving as much.

These are Black Swallowtail caterpillars, clearly hatched from eggs by a very late-season visit from the female. I was careless to move the parsley back outside, but hadn’t seen any adults for a few weeks.

I hope they all reach pupation, the metamorphosis into chrysalises, so I can easily keep them over the winter. Black Swallowtails are unique. They don’t migrate away like Monarchs. Late season caterpillars will go through diapause, a condition that allows them to remain in the chrysalis for many months. When the weather turns warm again, I’ll set the butterfly cage outside and wait for them to eclose, break out of the chrysalis and then set them free.

Fingers crossed for these tiny little creatures! :butterfly: :heart: :sparkles:

8 Likes

What?? Has another week passed by? Thank you for putting our newsletter together @BryWisteria

Ooh, so many new members! Welcome to all of you! Make yourself at home! :purple_heart: :sparkles:

Congratulations!! :partying_face: :clinking_glasses: Well done!!

From today on I´m having two weeks off work and I´m sooo looking forward to it. :joy: I´m going to create a bunch of fun things - I haven´t done any linocuts or printing in ages! I will wander through Vienna with my sketchbook and watercolors and enjoy the mild autumn weather. Right now there is a big pot of vegetable soup on my stove, it´s 5pm and I´m ready to settle in with some TV shows and maybe a nice coloring page.

I´ve printed out the October planner pages on the spells8 website and I guess I haver never mentioned how much I LOVE them. They help me structure my month, remind me of important dates and even have a monthly tarot spread.
You guys, if you haven´t come across them yet, take a look at them!!

So, you´re going to see me posting a bit more and I´ll be doing another pick-a-card in the Daily Draw section.

Have a lovely, blessed start into the new week wherever you are! :sparkles:

9 Likes

It´s going to be so pretty when all is done!! :purple_heart:

Oh, wow!!! :sparkles: I don’t think I ever realized that butterflies stay in the pupal stage for so long.

I hope, they will all make it and become Butterflies!! :butterfly:

8 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for this wonderful compilation of all our activities and the work you put in.

Welcome to all our new members - we are glad to have you with us. I look forward to getting to know you.

Well done @moonstruck ! You are truly a superstar! Thank you for sharing your love and wisdom in the forum.

It’s marginally cooler here in Texas, so I’m making the most of it and spending some time in the garden. No appointments or anything else going on until garden club on Friday, when we have the lady from St. Julian’s Crossing Wildlife Habitat coming to give us a talk on taking photos of plants and wildlife in your garden with your phone.

9 Likes

Happy Monday, everyone! Hi to all the new people! :waving_hand: Hope you like it here! And thank you to the lovely and talented @BryWisteria for providing us with the weekly update!

Also, congratulations to @moonstruck for sharing the love! You’re awesome!

That looks like it’s gonna be great! And so much safer!

You’ll be a wonderful butterfly momma! I’m sure they’ll do great with you looking after them!

Wow, it sounds like you’re gonna have a wonderful time! You’re gonna be so busy enjoying it, you’ll need time off from your time off!

Yay for cooler weather! And that talk sounds like it would be interesting! I look forward to any pictures you take!

Well, I’m back from the doctor, and I only have one other appointment on Thursday. Today went well, even though it was a bit weird. Turns out, one of the treatments for lymphedema is plopping your fat onto this thing and making it jiggle for a good while. Then you do something that’s halfway between Reiki and a massage and get wrapped up like a giant mummy. Fun times! LOL!

The sad thing was, she’d never heard of either Reiki or Chakras. She was sort of interested, which was nice. Either that, or she faked it really well!

No other big plans for this week, other than an Amazon order. LOL! I’m buying Houdini a cat tree so he’ll stop trying to climb the fridge. I have so much stuff; I don’t know where I’m going to put it. I’ll figure it out, though. I wish we had storage for each apartment in the building.

So yeah, I’m just getting ready to pay bills and order stuff.

Hope everyone has a good week! Don’t forget your cinnamon on Thursday!

8 Likes

Congratulations @moonstruck!

@feathertip The deck project is looking good. That’s going to be so nice when it’s done!

That’s awesome @katharina! Enjoy your two weeks and the autumn weather!

We’re supposed to have a front come through Wednesday night with rain and cooler weather. I’m so sick of melting!

Oh no. I’m claustrophobic. I don’t think I could handle that!

My boss texted me and said licensing from the state is supposed to call me. I’m going to give him an ear full! I emailed the investigator this morning to see if he’s done anything. I haven’t heard anything yet and I’m not expecting to. Next I will go to the DA and if they don’t do anything the Texas Rangers are next. Wish me luck on all this!

Have a beautiful magickal week!

9 Likes

It’s just from my toes to my hips. Fun times. My legs were cramping there for a bit. They’re trying to squish all the fluids out. It’s working, so far. LOL!

Is it wrong for me to hope you have to go to the Rangers? I mean, I don’t want you to have to deal with all that, but I bet the Rangers will drop on them like a ton of bricks and that might be fun to see!

8 Likes

Merry Meet, All!

Great job! Keep it up! You’ll be in the Hall of Fame, soon!

Thank you for your wonderful work, @BryWisteria! I am still lagging behind, but I hope to be able to catch up soon. Real life has just been exhausting on me, lately.

Yay! :tada:

Interesting. I always wondered. Thanks.

Good luck to all caterpillars!

:tada:

Thanks for the reminder. I enjoy them as well!

:joy: Sounds like you had fun! Reminds me of the belt for weight loss from the 1950’s. Did you try to sing while jiggling- just to get the nurses to laugh?

Good luck! You are helping make it safer and easier for future workers.

8 Likes

No, but I did think about putting on the song " Beat It " and beating my belly to the music!

8 Likes

Oh, that’s wonderful! You have more than earned it! I hope you play with all your art supplies and get your hands good and dirty! :artist_palette: :paintbrush:

Thanks for the reminder about the Planners - it’s been ages since I printed one out!

Well, lucky us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you!

I’m so glad you’re getting a break. From the magickal time you had there with the Monarch, it’s time well spent!

Enjoy the Garden Club meeting!

Yeah, no more feet through the steps. :rofl:

Thank you babe! I’m watching them closely!

It does sound weird, but if it helps you who cares? Cheering for you!

Oh, he’s an explorer! :joy: I bet he’ll go nuts with the cat tree. Looking forward to seeing him on the top of it!

Thanks lovely! Getting really close after today!

You sic 'em! They need to understand how terrible this was. Best of luck with each and every step of this! :heart:

@georgia Thanks! Yes, they’re unique compared to some here in North America.

Fingers crossed the deck is finished tomorrow!

7 Likes

Yay! Solid ground is always a good thing.

Thanks! So far it’s just annoying the heck out of me, but we’ll see.

He’ll go everywhere with me given a chance. And he’s curious about everything. EVERYTHING. Closets, boxes, my headbands, people’s food, my meds, just everything. He hasn’t tried to eat people’s food or anything; he just wants to see it all. He’s stopped watching TV in the living room since he’s figured out the window, but he likes it on in the bedroom since the AC is blocking the view there. Not that he hasn’t tried looking out there too.

But he likes to jump and climb while chasing his teaser wand, so I think he’ll love having a cat tree to play on.

I’m hoping for you! :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

@Ostara @katharina have a wonderful break and relax :heart: @Feathertip @georgia @Greenbriar @Amethyst @BryWisteria @Moonbeam

I would like to say many thanks for being here and making me feel special my heart has opened up again and I love sending out the love and writing back to everyone as much as I can. :heart: :people_hugging: :sun:

9 Likes

Your very welcome @moonstruck! You are a blessing to us.

I want to give everyone an update on “the case”. The investigator finally sent the case to the DA’s office this morning. If he’s telling the truth, I’m sure it was after he read my follow up email.

I talked to state licensing this afternoon. I had a lot of information that he didn’t have. He saw the video and he interviewed the girls. The mastermind of it denied having anything to do with it. She’s the one that had the phone giving out our physical address and she’s also the one that opened the door for the girls to ambush me. The girls that attacked me said they didn’t want to hurt me, they just wanted to knock me out. He said that they targeted me because I was older (I’m 59), and slender so they thought it would be easy to knock me out. So, in other words I’m old and skinny!:rofl: Anyone of those girls could have easily taken my keys because they were all bigger then me. They didn’t have to bash my head in to do it.

That’s the latest update. I will call the DA’s office on Wednesday to see if they have the case. If not, they are the next in the chain of command for me to go to anyway.

9 Likes

I’m sorry you have to keep reliving it to discuss the details with these various people. BUT - you do have all the details and can give them an actual play by play to accompany the video. I think you have overwhelming evidence on your side.

Stay strong - rooting for you and justice! :heart:

7 Likes

Yeeesss! :joy: I’ll make an effort to get some really good rest, because when I go back, I’ll be arriving right at the start of the Christmas shopping season.

So… like a mermaid, actually… :mermaid:

Oh, yes, I will! Paint on my hands means it was a good day. :sparkles:

When I got my cat, she wouldn´t eat chicken meat. You know, when I´m making chicken soup I´m boiling the whole chicken for three hours. The meat then is super soft and not very strongly seasoned. It took her some weeks to trust me enough to try a bit and now she loves it. Whenever she smells that chicken soup is going to be on the menue, she is in a very good mood. :grinning_cat_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh, Love, we´re so happy to have you here and you ARE special. :sparkles:

ME THINKS, dearest Ostara, if THIS is not the right time for a fat, juicy justice spell I don´t know when…

7 Likes

They are really lovely. I especially enjoy the affirmations, which I´m using to create cards with. By now I have a whole deck of affirmation cards and I will draw one for the week and have it standing on my altar.
These are the affirmations from the October planner pages. :sparkles:




5 Likes

Aww! You’re welcome! And you are special! Everyone here is! That’s what makes us so awesome!

I hope you get good news and those girls get punished!

Urgh. Don’t remind me.

More like geriatric Mummy. I spent over 45 minutes this morning trying to get them on by myself and could not do it. Sigh. It’s a bigger pain in my butt than having my legs swelling!

I had one cat that loved turkey. I could bring a frozen bird in at Thanksgiving, and Charlie would go nuts until that thing was cooked and he got some of it! He’d even try to lie on top of the frozen bird if I sat it down on the porch when unloading the car!

Wow! Those are wonderful! You’re so talented!

4 Likes