Merry Meet Monday! 💟

Welcome one, welcome all- it is Merry Meet Monday :heart_decoration:!

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

With the passing of the Full Buck/Thunder Moon this past Saturday, we are entering the next month of the Celtic Tree Calendar.

There are many different calendars within pagan practices. The Celtic Tree Calendar follows one pagan calendar based on the pagan traditions of the Celtic peoples. There 13 months on the calendar, each based around a full moon named after a tree :deciduous_tree:

In two days we will leave the Oak Month behind and enter the month of the Holly Moon :full_moon: .

:evergreen_tree: Holly Moon: July 8th - August 4th:evergreen_tree:

61bCukR6O6L.AC_SY400

Holly reminds us of the everlasting cycle and strength of nature. Holly is particularly useful in protective magic- hang a sprig of holy in your home to protect yourself and your loved ones. You can read more about holly, the Holly Moon, and it’s magickal properties in the 13 Months of the Celtic Tree Calendar.

For witches with an interest in Celtic magick and folklore, @MeganB has some very informative posts to check out!

Something of Interest :face_with_monocle:

There is currently an ongoing CHALLENGE :medal_sports: here in the forums!

The topic this week is Celestial Exploration :milky_way:. Did you do something exciting for the full moon this past weekend? Are you delving into the secrets hidden in the stars? Share your experience in the challenge post here!

All participants will receive a small prize for inspiring others with their magick :gift_heart:

The challenge will close soon! For those who would like to participate, please post about your experience by Wednesday, July 8th!

New Members :wave:

A very Merry Meet to our new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@magnificent, @alyssa5, @ariana1, @cheyanne1, @marika, @blanca, @jessica25, @arielleraychel, @tammy3, @cherelle, @erin7, @coryn, @meaghan1, @valerie2, @lateahia, @amy8, @imani, @jade2, @yvette, @logan, @blanca1, @serenity, @anabelen, @saera, @kimberly8, @montricia, @Eclectic_Jess, @allycia, @kathleen2, @tim1, @rebecca7, @samantha11, @mary13, @melissa3, @gabrielle3, @stevenn, @lily, @cynthia5, @jaclyn1, @Rene, @jaimie, @john2, @brittany11, @cynthia6, @emma-lee1, @christy3 , @adrian1, @tammie, @dylan2, @reaa, @aalice, @kt1, @christina7, @Dragon_Queen, @elisa2, @sara89, @molly, @lisa14, @keiira, @heather13, @cori, @desiree, @delia1, @tessa3, @shelly1, @jess1, @sherry, @dumitru @jessica26, @julia1, @lisa15, @stacie, @deanna2, @roxanne2, @miranda3, @tristyn, @dasha

If you haven’t already, please feel free to create a new post in Introductions- we would love to give you a warm welcome to our online coven! :heart:

Special Shout-Outs :handshake:

• A hearty thank you to @Katt for sharing the most during the past week! :writing_hand: Your posts are both intriguing and inspiring- we are blessed to share in your experiences! :sparkles:
  • Warm feelings given in turn to the kind @christine4 for sharing the most love over the past week! :heart: Thank you for making the forums such a welcoming place- you are loved! :two_hearts:

Many thanks to all the wonderful members of the Spells8 Forums- I am grateful to each and every one of you for sharing your experiences and making the forums a welcoming home for witches all over the world! :house_with_garden::sparkling_heart:

What lies ahead for you in the coming days :spiral_calendar: ? Are there any spells, rituals, or crafts you are working on :sparkles: ? Perhaps you know of an exciting event or piece of news- please feel free to share all your witchy wisdom! :crystal_ball:

May the energy from the full moon carry you through the coming days, and may you find many blessings at your door

Blessed Be! :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you for the shout out @BryWisteria :blush:
I’m very grateful to be a part of this lovely community :two_hearts:

Speaking of Celtic Trees, I’d like to recommend my tarot card deck:

I’m quite late to the party when it comes to tarot (my pendulum is my favorite form of divination), but this deck is lovely to work with, also for a tarot beginner like me! The cards are beautifully designed, and the booklet offers in-depth explanations on each card :blush:

4 Likes

ohhh I am gonna have to check that one out!

2 Likes

Happy Holly Moon! Thanks for creating this post, @BryWisteria!

Here’s a video I found by Rob Traquair that explains the story of the Oak King and the Holly King, a traditional tale celebrated on the Summer Solstice.

It looks lovely!! That would be a great deck for outdoor/nature inspired readings!

One small correction: If it’s an Oracle deck, it’s not a Tarot deck! Tarot is the specific type of deck that has 78 cards in total including the 22 Major Arcana. :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, that oracle deck looks lovely @christine4 :heart: I will definitely have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

This is a lovely deck Christine! I really love the Celtic decks!

3 Likes

Oohhhhh!!! Oh, Christine- this is such a gorgeous deck! :heart_eyes: I am drooling over the artwork, each card has such beautiful warmth and energy to it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Shoot, this is another one going on the “decks-I-want-to-buy” list! :spiral_notepad: :laughing:

Also the board game nerd in me is coming out- this deck reminds me of the beautiful card game Arboretum.

As a playing deck, I’m not sure if it could be used for magickal or divination purposes like tarot or oracle decks… but for any green witch/herbalist/board game lover- it’s highly recommended! :blush:

Happy Holly Moon to you too, Francisco! :full_moon::two_hearts:

The video is a very thorough explanation and I found it very interesting- thank you so much for sharing the tale of the Oak and Holly Kings! :evergreen_tree::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction :blush: I was never quite sure what exactly the difference is between an oracle and a tarot deck :see_no_evil: I have to buy myself a proper tarot deck, I’m curious to see how it would work for me :dizzy:

3 Likes

I started with an Oracle deck a few years back and now I’m studying the Tarot. I would say it’s more complex because the Tarot doesn’t have the descriptive words that Oracle decks typically have.

For a first deck I suggest you read my comments on this topic about RSW and TdM Tarot decks!

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.