My new arrival, come February

Guys, figure I’d share great news. During Samhain, I meditated and sat at my altar for a long time being thankful and contemplating. I’ve been on the lookout for a new puppy. The dog I’ve been dreaming to have is a Siberian Husky. I’ve had dogs most of my life. They usually just came into my life. My first dog was a stray who we loved very much and after that, i continued to adopt or they just found me. However, I’ve always loved Huskies and the wolf is my favorite animal, and they certainly do resemble one. ( Not sure if it’s my spirit animal, or not)

I had a Chihuahua who passed away almost 2 years in March. I feel that my current dog Jersey, is do for another companion, even tho she’s happy being the only :dog2:. I’ve been looking around to adopt, but haven’t found the right fit. Also looked at ads for rehoming of the breed. And let me tell you! There are so many SHADY people out there (right now, scamming) trying to take advantage of people wanting pets. I looked at a couple ads and all they wanted was to extort money from me. I saw right through them! Had a couple of people wanting me to send them money without so much as a phonecall, or FaceTime. One guy was even using a bunch of bible versus to try and convince me.

Anyhow- long story short- on Monday after meditation and asking for guidance on Samhain, I happened to find this sweet woman that lives in upstate NY, who breeds huskies and does rescues. We talked for a long time and addressed any concerns i had. She was wonderful, and so very kind. Long story short, my puppy will be ready in February to come home to me. It will be a beautiful journey, to come. Thank you Samhain for guiding me!

I picked out her name. I wanted something earthy and nature-like. Or American indian or Eskimo name.
Her name will be : (:drum: please lol)
“Willow Rain Vega” what do you guys think of the name? These are her parents.
Thank you and blessed be.
[Screenshot_20201103-081913__01__01|368x500]

![Screenshot_20201103-004204|230x500] name?

9 Likes

What beautiful dogs! And I’m so glad you were able to make a connection that isn’t trying to take you to the cleaners or is a puppy mill. That’s great. Good luck to you and your new addition!

5 Likes

@Amethyst, thank you very much!

5 Likes

Love the names! And I know exactly what you mean about the scams, I experienced a situation like you mentioned a few years back. It was heartbreaking.
Congrats to you and your soon to be furbaby!:wink:

6 Likes

Gorgeous dogs! I love the name that you picked out for the puppy. Absolutely lovely.

5 Likes

@Rowan, thank you so much!! Yeah you gotta be careful! Especially now! Sorry that happened to you! Some people have no heart/ soul…

4 Likes

@Susurrus, awe thank you! Yeah, wasn’t sure than, came across dog names and it just hit. Had OMG moment. “I can call her Willow Rain!” Obviously Willow, will be called the most. However, i like the rhyme it has to it lol… Was thinking of a witchy name. I think it fits, especially that she came to me on Samhain. Just feels magical, you know…

5 Likes

That’s perfect! I love when I have those moments too. I’m so happy that it worked out for you in the Witches New Year. That’s awesome.

6 Likes

Thank you!!!@Krissie117​:dog2::dog2::dog2::dog2:

6 Likes

Getting a new puppy is always the BEST MOST EXCITING THING EVER in my opinion :sparkles: I love the name you picked out. We had a husky a few years ago named Lilly, but we had to find her a new home when we moved to Oregon from Nevada because there was no way we could bring her with us. The apartment would not allow it at all. We were able to find her a wonderful home with a couple who just adored her, so I don’t feel bad about that. I miss her, but I know she’s still very happy. One day we’ll get another husky, or perhaps a pitbull, but when the time is right.

I wish you and your new family member many blessings when the time comes!
:dog2:

8 Likes

Thank you Megan! I’m really excited, i have plenty of time to prep. Yes Pitbulls are amazing! And the right one will be waiting for you when time comes…One of my favorite breeds. Well, i think I like all breeds lol…

8 Likes

Oh my goodness, you are going to have a BEAUTIFUL pup! My mom had 2 Huskies when I was a teenager/young adult. The female, Izzy, was kidnapped from our back yard. We let her out to run for usually 15-30 minutes at a time. Someone was planning that. And we’ve never seen her again. :frowning:

Huskies are amazing dogs. Beautiful, smart, loving and beware, they are VERY manipulative lol. I’m excited for you though, what a fun date to look forward to!

8 Likes

@haley, thank you so much for the best wishes.Awe! I’m sorry they stole her! People suck sometimes! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve heard they can be very sneaky lol…

5 Likes

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new puppy!! :dog2: Sounds like you asked the universe and received an answer right away!! :+1:

That’s a cute name for a cute dog!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! :hugs:

6 Likes

@Francisco, thank you! Yes was pretty immediate. Got an email the following day. I was getting discouraged looking for the fit I needed. Many re-homing dogs i looked at weren’t good with smaller breeds. Again, plus the scammers trying to take advantage. Glad you liked the name…

6 Likes

A huge congrats to you, @walter- how exciting! :wolf::two_hearts: Huskies are absolutely beautiful- and look at Willow’s parents! I am sure she will be just as gorgeous, you will be one lucky owner! Please, please, please share puppy pics in February when she is home safe with you- I can’t wait to follow this very exciting adventure of your new furry friend! :star_struck: Blessed be!

6 Likes

@BryWisteria, awe! Thank you so much! That’s really sweet! I’m most excited! Definitely will be a great journey! And trust me I will share lots of pics lol …

6 Likes

I’m so happy for you @walter :slight_smile: the names you put together are beautiful! And huskies remind me of wolves too! A wolf is one of my spirit animals.
I had a famale husky named Bella which is from the word bellissima which means beautiful in italian.
She was hyper as anyone I’ve ever seen!
I’d place her in a room with a gate and she chewed through the gate. Tore up newspaper, toilet paper, any paper.
Once, when I left to the store with my kids and husband at the time and she somehow escaped and knocked out a screen from a window, jumped out the window and was waiting for us in our driveway. I was terrified that she would escape one day for good.
She was under 6months old when all this happened. And we have her way more than enough time and space to run and play!
Boys are more calm. I believe that it was just Bella and not every female husky.

7 Likes

My advice would be

1. Microchip her!
  2. Get her some hard to destroy toys – Kong brand is good!
  3. Chew proof her kennel.
  4. KENNEL TRAIN HER!
  5. Carve out time for daily walks.

I know those are all pretty basic, but those are huge with huskies. They need entertainment, and they’re notorious for chewing things. Izzy once chewed a hole in the door LOL. They are known for running, and if they get loose, they can run FAR, hence the chip. Lol

8 Likes