My New Oracle Deck

Coven,
I just got in the mail my new Oracle Deck, i purchased from Threads of Fate. It was not a cheap deck, over 71.00 with shipping and tax. ( Way more than i wanted to spend lol)

The cards are beautiful actually, and the stock is sturdy and will probably last a long time. The pictures don’t capture the “Rose Color” it’s quite lovely…

Any, advice on how to use an Oracle Deck? I’ve been wanting to invest in a new Tarot deck- however, the Oracle caught my eye. I’ve been having a hard time trying to read cards intuitively. ( Get a little discouraged- maybe card reading not my thing)

Let me share the deck with you.
Thank you .

Blessed be.

17 Likes

What a pretty deck. I just got past life Oracle cards. Haven’t gotten into it yet but I will when I get the time.0_ccHlKcnZaqkwpRqp s-l500 (1)

9 Likes

The cards look quite nice @walter, I hope you are able to work with them. I just revived my third set of Oracle cards; I use them along with my Tarot deck as I am doing my weekly reading for myself. What usually happened for me is they tie into exactly what the Tarot cards are providing guidance on, I would say this happens 95% of the time.
I suggest getting to know your cards and letting them get to know you. I will usually do a ritual to cleanse the cards and then put them under my pillow 2-3 days so we bond.
My Starseed Oracle cards arrived today and I can’t wait to try them out.
Let me know how your new cards work out for you. Blessed be.

8 Likes

@Garnet , these are gorgeous deck…

6 Likes

@Saulamay , thank so much for your advice. Yes, i cleansed them last night and put them under my pillow .I will follow your advice and keep them under my pillow for a couple more days. They are now on my altar.
They are quite a beautiful deck. Hope I can bond with them, since i splurged quite a bit on it…

Good luck to you as well on your new deck. That’s how I felt yesterday, couldn’t wait to open them and check them out.

Thank you,
Blessed be

7 Likes

You will bond with them, just have faith. :upside_down_face: if they are similar to Tarot, do an interview with them and find out how they wish to be used. I have three Tarot that I use most often; one is for a normal read, one is definitely meant for whimsical things and the other is blunt and straight forward and will not beat around the bush as it were.
I can’t wait to get the new Oracle deck cleansed tonight and bond with them. I feel like we will do well together but I already think they want to be treated differently than the other two sets. We shall see what happens.

7 Likes

Your deck is gorgeous! I was looking at that deck for myself, but I have never worked with them. I can’t wait to get a deck of Oracle cards though. I have bonded with my favorite tarot deck so well, I can’t wait to get to know an Oracle deck.

@Garnet you have a gorgeous deck also! Thank you for sharing!

@Saulamay thank you for the information, I am also a beginner with what to do with the Oracle decks.

5 Likes

@Saulamay , thank you. I have the Green Witch Tarot, which i really love. I feel that the Oracle Deck go well together, as they both use Elementals . I just don’t get why i can’t use them intuitively? I have to look at guide book for meanings. However, the meanings have been accurate for the most part. When I look at the cards, i just see nothing! I’m thinking it’s me? That’s why I bought the oracle deck- see if it’s easier for me to read them intuitively. Actually, gets me frustrated. Maybe that’s the problem too?!
Thank you once again.

8 Likes

@Susurrus , thank you. I’m trying to bond with them…

6 Likes

@walter, I have trouble reading them intuitively also. I look in the books or cheat sheets whenever I use my cards too & they are always pretty spot on.

I slept with my decks in my pillowcase for about a month when I first got them & I keep them next to my bed in my nightstand. I also cleanse them with smoke!

7 Likes

@Susurrus Maybe I’ll sleep with them longer. I always have them cleansed and i charge them under the full moon every month…

6 Likes

That sounds like a good plan, just keep them in your pillowcase a little longer & cleanse them when they need it & charge them under the full moon. It will come, sometimes it just takes a little bit more time. My Rider-Waite deck I had in my pillowcase for a couple of months before I put them in my nightstand.

I do put them in my pillow case like for a weekend after I charge them.

7 Likes

Wow! What a pretty deck! Well worth the money you paid!

@Garnet your deck looks interesting too! So many interesting oracle decks out there make it hard to choose just one.

7 Likes

Thats a gorgeous deck! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

@walter the intuition part comes with practice and experience, I am in the same boat as you are. I have two books along with the guide that comes with the cards and some cheat sheets that I use. And I have read somewhere that you shouldn’t try to memorize the cards as there are variations to the actual meaning to the card based on the questions/intentions you put forth. So what I try to memorize is what the suits refer to; pentacles = material issues and finances, swords = thoughts and state of mind, cups = emotions and relationships, and wands = motion or actions. The rest I just feel my way through and although I have not read for many others the ones I have done are fairly accurate. But don’t stress about it, it will come to you naturally the more you do it. Blessed be Brother.

@Susurrus i am new to them as well, less than a year, but the cards seem to be where I am called to. I have a pendulum and Rune stones, but neither give me the sensation that both the Tarot and Oracles cards do.

8 Likes

Thank you guys! Appreciate the advice!
Blessed be❤️

5 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

@Missa , thank you very much!

7 Likes

@Amethyst thank you…

6 Likes

What a work of art of a deck!! :clap: :clap:

Beautiful pictures too @walter! My first deck was an oracle deck and I think that they are pretty easy to read (because they have words) so you can always learn as you go.

I think the most fun is to do a reading along with someone you know well, if you have any witchy friend over, suggest a group reading with the new deck and explore it bit by bit. Ask a question, pull a card. Have your friend ask a question, pull another card, and so on.

Have fun!!

8 Likes