My New Oracle Deck

@Francisco , thank you very much for the advice! Glad you liked the deck. They really are quite beautiful.

7 Likes

Ooh theyā€™re gorgeous :heart_eyes: how I use my Oracle cards is either with my tarot for a little added guidance. Or just pull a few cards for guidance by themselves. Iā€™m sure they came with a booklet, right? Pull the pretty cards and see what the booklet says or go by your intuition by looking at the pictures on each card and see what that tells you. Either way, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do fine.

7 Likes

Absolutely stunning deck @walter- your Oracle cards are gorgeous! I love the colors and that intense shiny gold foil :orange_heart: :star_struck:

Others have shared some great advice about connecting with a new deck and about building intuition :+1: . Adding to that, I can confirm that learning to hear your inner voice takes time- youā€™ll always have a purely ā€œyouā€ way of reading the cards, but that inner voice can often drowned out by doubt and questioning when a reader is new to the cards.

Use the book or look up meanings whenever you feel like you want to- this will help build up your confidence! :two_hearts: Over time, it will be easier and easier to listen to your intuitive voice and choose which meaning (the book, your intuition, or a blending of both!) best fits as you read the cards :flower_playing_cards:

Have fun and enjoy your lovely new Oracle deck, walter! :blush::heart:

8 Likes

I had one deck that would not work for me. Every question came back with nonsensical answer. It was Dragon Tarot by Terry Donaldson, Peter Pracownik. I gave up, put it away and got out Nefertiti Tarot, it gave me some strange answers but they all came true. So the little Dragon went to my niece who loved it. I decided the deck didnā€™t like me.
Sometimes the deck must choose its master.

10 Likes

@BryWisteria ,thank you so much for the great advice. Iā€™m glad you liked the cards. Yes, i am trying to listen and get to know the cards. Iā€™ve been putting them under my pillow since i got them. And put them on my Altar during the day. I feel I may need to find a new format for the questions, other than whatā€™s in the booklet. Iā€™ve been looking on line for a format that resonates with me.
Thank you once again.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

@Garnet, thank you! The answers for the most part seem to be accurate. I just think the way the questions are formatted on this particular deck donā€™t resonate with me. I also have the Green Witch Tarot cards, which i love. Again, i canā€™t seem to read them intuitively either. Like others have mentioned- maybe it comes with time. I want to give the oracle deck a chance since they were so expensive lol. I feel that some the description/meanings from authors is kinda of mumble-jumble.
Thank you for your time and advice.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

@christina4 , thank you very much for the advice and compliment. Yes Iā€™ve been staring into them and thoroughly inspecting them.
Just see what happens.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

Walter, before you give up on any deck, cleanse it, bless it and ask for the guidance of Deity. If that doesnā€™t work, let it rest, perhaps on your alter. After a few weeks try again Iā€™m going to get another Dragon deck, I am sorry I gave up on it so soon. Fervent Blessings

8 Likes

@Garnet , thank you for your advise. As you said Iā€™m just letting it rest. I think itā€™s also picking up on my frustrations too

7 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Thatā€™s what they are there for. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Looks like everyone got new oracle and tarot decks this week. I got my starseed deck a few days ago and boy it looks complicated :crazy_face: Cleansed them but still need to bond with them.

I did also pick up an oracle deck from Etsy that wasnā€™t too expensive and itā€™s super easy to use, pretty much nails things on the head for me. Itā€™s called Cemetery Oracle Cards: Resurrection. They are very gothic and gorgeous.

The pictures are of beautiful cemeteries across the USA and I have been to most of them except the MA one. Like I said, they are easy to use. Very too the point. So far my favorite deck to use.

Everyoneā€™s decks are so gorgeous and I want them all but sadly I wouldnā€™t have time to use them all.

Time to get ready for dinner. We have early day tomorrow, holistic fair is in Casper WY and yes I am going. They will probably have so many things to buy that I want lol.

Blessed be!

8 Likes

@Magdelina your deck looks so interesting! Love the cemetery idea! Enjoy your trip!

6 Likes

Those Cemetery Oracle cards are gorgeous, @Magdelina! :star_struck: I love their unique shape- it makes me think that you can have some truly interesting spreads with how the cards are placed next to each other in a reading :two_hearts:

Hope you had fun at the fair and that you are enjoying your new decks!

Blessed be :sparkles:

7 Likes

Wow, What a neat deck, thanks for sharing. A little macabre, but clever. BGB :footprints:

5 Likes

Magdelina,
Your deck looks very intriguing it may help me go to a meditative state when I would like to get in contact with a close one who has passed! I think itā€™s a deck I would love to get my hands on!
Thank you! And Iā€™ll be buying from your store very soon!
Live and light
Jeannie

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 they are back in stock too!!! I want to get a secondary deck in case I wear this one out lol. I got a couple of new decks too. My daughter took me out to go shopping yesterday for my birthday (my youngest says Happy level up dayā€¦such a gamer lol) and we went to our favorite metaphysical shop in Casper. Itā€™s the Celtic Tree Oracle and oh my I cannot wait to get them in my hands to use. I also picked up a mini steampunk tarot deck that is gorgeous as well. Will have to post when I have time.

7 Likes

Magdelina,
:birthday:Happy Birthday :balloon: to you!
That would be a good day, and right up my alley way!I love going to the metaphysical store they have some over here in Sacramento. Some downtown and here in North Highlands. I have a couple of friends that would go with me I bet! How neat your daughter who took you too!:smiley: I know you had fun! I heard there are many covens that probably are there selling oils and crystals and is a good way to meet people.

the tarot deck comes from the Celtic pantheon I like that! I have steampunk and a couple minis there my favorite cause you can carry them anywhere. Iā€™ll show you some of my decks!
I love your store so many things I like :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a good one! :birthday:

5 Likes

Gorgeous artwork! :heart_eyes:
I start my new job in nine days, so I treated myself to a dragon Oracle deck! The cards are gorgeous and canā€™t wait for them to come today!

Pic From Amazon

11 Likes

Not only is that a gorgeous deck, but congratulations! Enjoy the long weekend! I hope itā€™s the perfect job for you!

7 Likes