Oracle Cards Info?

So, someone gifted me a BEAUTIFUL deck of oracle cards. Here’s the thing, I’m not quite sure how to use them. I’ve seen people use them WITH tarot cards to do readings, but never on their own. Does anyone have any tips or helpful links for me?

They’re SO pretty!

11 Likes

Did they come with a book? I have the Moonology cards and the books comes with a couple of spreads and the meaning of each card. That helps a lot. Although I don’t use the spreads, I just pull an oracle card each day and meditate on each meaning.

5 Likes

Like @Amethyst said, the best thing to do is follow the book that came with your deck!

Other than that, you have to use your intuition!

There is no system for Oracle cards like there is for Tarot cards. Oracle decks are all different: They can have any number of cards, different uses and ways to use them, depending on the deck.

However you can use Tarot spreads with Oracle cards as a starting point.

My first deck was an Oracle deck (Oracolo dello sciamano) and I still use it. I tend to just draw one card per question because that’s how I did it before I learned any spreads.

Oracle cards generally have a word or sentence added to them that you can use to help interpret the card, but you don’t have to.

6 Likes

Unfortunately it didnt come with a book. Someone ordered it off of my Amazon wishlist, the back of the card box mentions the book. I’m wondering if I have to buy it separately. I’m going to look into it after I eat dinner!

Thanks for the info @Amethyst & @Francisco

4 Likes

The book should have come with the deck. There is a Moonology books, but that is more about setting intentions with the new moon and see them come to fruition on the full.

You may want to email the author of the book though, see if she’s got extra books for her cards. It’s worth a shot.

4 Likes

So, I got the link from my friend and it’s a ripoff from China apparently. The title says with guidebook & then every single review says they didnt get a guidebook either. Pretty sad :frowning:

3 Likes

Perfect timing as I just bought myself the self love Oracle deck by akal Pritam .

How do you bless an Oracle deck ?

3 Likes

I’m sorry, that sounds like a counterfeit deck then. Don’t know what to tell you about those.

1 Like

I did it the same way I did my tarot cards. They’re not that different.

1 Like

I recommend this lesson: Clearing Ritual for a Tarot Deck. It has plenty of ideas for blessing a new deck!

There’s also a Forum topic about it: Cleansing and clearing my tarot deck

That sucks!! There are lots of people selling fake stuff on Aliexpress, Wish, sometimes reselling them on eBay, Etsy and Amazon.

Obviously you can still use the deck. Intention is what matters, and your friend shared that with you not really knowing what it was. Just make sure that you have all the cards that should be in the deck!

6 Likes

My deck didn’t come with a book either. I have the moonology deck too. Is there a qr code on the back? And yes they are knockoffs from China! I bought a couple. At least this deck comes with the QR code for the book! Shamanic healing Oracle didn’t. But if you don’t have the code, I’ll just send you the link I have.
EDIT: here you are hun, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lptaP8aS2hcfF_W_sl9S8WHm9nC_Z_8c/view?usp=drivesdk

Needless to say, I’m ordering from my usual place from now on.

3 Likes

It’s usually written in the beginning of the booklets.

1 Like

I left a bad review too!

1 Like

Sorry to hear it wasn’t what you expected, @Haley! Francisco is right- you can absolutely still use the deck, as it is your intention that truly matters! It looks like @christina4 was kind and shared the booklet, so you should be ready to read the cards! :grin:

Perhaps you could also use them to help clarify tarot readings, to pick a card of the day and study it, or even to inspire your artwork! :art: However you chose to use them, the cards are lovely and it sounds like a nice gift from a friend. Enjoy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ve used them to clarify tarot bc I’m still figuring out the overall message for tarot.

2 Likes

The QR code took me to some spammy website, so I definitely appreciate the link. It made me request access, so if you get a request, that’s me! Thank you darling!

1 Like

I ended cleansing my deck by wiping them down with a smokeless protection spray as well as the spells 8 tools consecration spell so i could connect with them and make sure their thoroughly cleansed before use.

5 Likes

You’re welcome :blush: I just replied to the email. I guess I just had to add you as a viewer.

3 Likes

I have a smudge spray too. I love using it. I ordered mine from a friend of mine, Kaitlin. She has a huge garden and a greenhouse on a humongous property. Goals!! When I order from her, she throws in extras. Last time, she gifted me a lucid dreaming salve. Oh baby! I love it like no other! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Ive never heard of a lucid dream salve what do you do with it ?

3 Likes