Pendulum advice, please?

@Susurrus any advice on pendulum . I have mine in my pocket and have for the last week since I got it. Trying to bond to it.

17 Likes

Hey there, @Devenne :wave:

I hope you donā€™t mind but I moved your comment to a new post so others can see it and give advice if they have any :heart: sometimes things get lost in the comments and I donā€™t want that to happen to your question :blush:

We do have some information on pendulums here in the forum and on Spells8 - Iā€™ll grab some links for you!

17 Likes

I have a specific pendulum :pendulum: for use with my mat & itā€™s a brass one that I have cleansed & then kept it under my pillow for a little while. It is specifically for my divination with my ancestors though, so I donā€™t use it for any other reasons. I do have another one that is copper with a clear quartz crystal for other dowsing & divination. I also cleansed that one & did the same thing keeping it under my pillow. They each have their separate storage pouches too so they arenā€™t together.

If you are in a very emotional place or emotions are high, I wouldnā€™t suggest trying to use it. Pendulums connect to your energy & will respond as such, so may not get the answers you needā€¦ youā€™d get more emotionally charged answers, if any that made sense to what the question happens to be.

Even when doing other divination methods, I have always kind of done at least a short meditation or breathwork & grounded, I suppose cleared my head with supporting space. (Playing calming sounds or music, lighting a candle, clearing & setting up my space for whichever divination method Iā€™m using, getting comfortable, closing my eyes taking 3 cleansing breaths to clear my mind & focusing on the 1st question then a clear focus for any additional questions.)

This isnā€™t to say that this is how you have to do it, but when I am reading tarot or doing any draws, casting, or pendulum workā€¦ those are some of the things I will do. My whole thing has more to it, it sounds like a lot or that it takes a lot of time, but when it becomes part of your routine itā€™s pretty simple. Plus some of it is more preparation as something to kind of keep myself balanced with level & clear head :blush:

14 Likes

@Susurrus I have a question, I know that using a pendulum or tarot is different to channelling demons. But you said

Do you have any tips, I always get a terrible headache after my chats with the demons. I donā€™t get it with Loki (but maybe Iā€™m used to him :person_shrugging:). Maybe Iā€™m not grounding enough? They do just arrive. I love my chats, and use my sigils to make the connection, as my pendulum is for me and Loki. Just thought Iā€™d ask. :crazy_face: Thankyou :heartpulse:

12 Likes

I have been using pendulums for a little while now. I seen that you can have pendulums for certain questions. I use an amethyst when i ask questions for others. And i always use a Tigerā€™s eye when i am asking for myself.

I cleansed mine in smoke and always ask if my pendulum is okay with working with me. And at the end i always thank it for its help and guidance.

13 Likes

@wendy Sounds like a theme to have more than one pendulum. Iā€™ll definitely try that method of asking permission and thanking. I am just wanting to be sure that the pendulum is as trustworthy as possible

@MeganB All good honey. Thankyou for the info!

@Susurrus Makes perfect sense with the few things Iā€™ve already done u related I notice the more you practice any of it the more natural it feels.

10 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome! I hope the answers youā€™ve received have been helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I have 2 pendulums. First one I ever got was amethyst and I connect VERY well with that one. About 2 months ago or so bought a tangerine quartz that I thought was calling me but since getting it Iā€™ve had very few successfull readings. I cleanse it, meditate with it to charge and all that but sometimes it will move a little bit other times Iā€™m lucky if it even swings. I will switch to my other one and the connection is clear

11 Likes

@Dierna_Nimue_Selene that reminds of of Harry Potter and choosing your wand wisely. Choose you pendulum wisely very interesting appreciate this tidbit a lot.

@MeganB Your definitely very helpful.thankyou so much for all your help :heart:

9 Likes

@Devenne, i noticed the more respect i have for my supplies and tools the better they work with me. Im teaching my niece how to use her pendulum. I always have her take some breathes and ground herself. But she still has somw issues because she is extremely nervouse. I told her we should get her a pendulum holder. And i read up if you are not having a good reading with your pendulum, you can show them what yes and no look like. I did that with my other niece and after about 20-30 mins it started working with her.

And whenever i get something new herbs to tools i consecrate them. It takes a little to do that ritual. But you put alot of your energy into your supplies and tools.

9 Likes

@wendy Thankyou kindly. I will definitely put this to good use. I was trying to tell my pendulum back and forth is yes side to side is no. Then it le is mane. Should I physically move the pendulum to show it?

6 Likes

@Devenne Iā€™m happy if I was able to help you with your pendulum questions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Itā€™s just little things I do that seem to work for me with mine. I had others but ultimately cleansed them & either gifted them or put them away safely until I am able to figure out what I should do with them :thinking: They arenā€™t ones I didnā€™t connect with & I did cleanse them. Iā€™m just not entirely sure what to do with them at the moment except store them.

5 Likes

@Devenne, yes i had my niece move then pendulum which way she wanted each answer. It did take her about 20-30 mins before it started giving the answers the way she wanted. And always treat your pendulmn with respect, but that is for everything you use, crystals, stones, tarot and oracle cards and so on. And like i said earlier i always say thank you.

8 Likes

I do this too before I begin & as well as with my ancestors. Then also thank them. I do the same with my tarot cards. :blush:

@tracyS usually when itā€™s my regular thingā€¦ I normally do it in the morning :sunrise: once things have calmed down from the hustle & bustle of people getting off to work & school. My pupper & I have done our walk & such.

I normally light my candle :candle: put on my calming music :musical_note:ā€¦ which can be just calming water sounds sometimes or calming meditation music that I like. Turn off anything elseā€¦ like my TV :tv: if itā€™s on. Make sure I have the desired blend in my diffuser or incense blend. Get me whatever it is that I am going to be working with set up, any crystals or beads I useā€¦ Most times I start with a short meditation (5 minutes max) to clear my mind & hold the crystals in one hand & beads (if any) or my pendulum or my cards while sitting comfortably. I usually have my palms face up with the items there & the backs of my hands resting on my knees. I always close my eyes & take at least 3 deep cleansing breaths then shuffle while focusing on the question & draw the card. Or if Iā€™m using the pendulum start focusing on the question before I use it over the mat & then breathe, for me itā€™s more normal when I am calm & focused, but I suppose it is a more gentle & relaxed type of breathingā€¦ in through the nose & out through my mouth but regular breaths. (Iā€™ve done it for so long when Iā€™m doing different things, itā€™s sort of a natural thing for me now. So maybe harder to explain)

7 Likes

@wendy Iā€™ll give that a shot and see if it has a varying outcome. This is great advice. Appreciate you :blush:

7 Likes

@wendy def think your advice is helping me. Thankyou.

7 Likes

Oy, :rofl: my pendulum is on strike. I tried it earlier and nothing. L7 weenieā€‹:laughing: I think I broke it . Maybe I need a different pendulum?

8 Likes

@Devenne Iā€™ve gone through my chaoti grimoire :rofl: (took awhile to find this). Iā€™ve got a few notes on pendulums.

First.

Cleanse it. If itā€™s a crystal pendulum, you can cleanse it by leaving it in dry uncooked brown rice, or soil for 24 hours. That resets it. Also after each use, cleanse it in moonlight overnight. With wood, I just leave it in the moonlight, though Iā€™ve never had issues with my wooden one :person_shrugging:

Then you can program it. I have 2 pendulums, a crystal to talk to my grandad, and a wooden one to talk to Loki. Each is programmed this way so Iā€™m not in effect just talking to my higher self.

I say a chant to program my pendulum, so for Loki, Iā€™ll make an offering at his altar, light a candle, and dedicate the pendulum to him.

For my ancestors, Iā€™ll light a candle, but Iā€™ll leave Loki out of this one.

Next:

Check your pendulum. First ask it to swing to the various parts of the board. If itā€™s an ancestor, to make sure itā€™s the right one, ask a question only you and the ancestor would know, I asked what toy my grandad bought me when I was a child for example.

With a deity, listen to your intuition, you know how youā€™re deity feels and the kind of things youā€™re deity would say, trust that. I can sense if itā€™s off, or if another spirit is trying to get through for a chat. That doesnā€™t mean the spirit/demon is bad, for me it normally means Lokiā€™s cool with me meeting a new demon (I tend to check my demon tarot if this happens to make sure).

Another tip, is if you hang the pendulum from a pendulum stand, youā€™re energy wonā€™t influence the pendulum at all. Also, never cross your legs or feet when using a pendulum, it disrupts the flow of energy.

If youā€™re still having issues, @Heav3n had a great tip, Iā€™ll include it here.

If cleansing and chants fail, and youā€™re getting false answers, the pendulum maybe lying to you or telling you things to upset you. ALWAYS ask if the spirit is of the White Light before each question!
If it says No, tell it to go away and then ask again. It maybe worth, if you donā€™t use your pendulum regularly, to ask this before each session.

Sometimes, we just donā€™t gel with the material the pendulums made with. I donā€™t get on well with rose quartz, so I replaced it with my black obsidian and wooden one.

On another note, my daughterā€™s psychic said to her when she was having pendulum issues, each relationship with our deity and/or ancestors is unique. With some of us, they like to talk direct and not through a device (be it pendulum or spirit board), in this case, we become the pendulum. You can stand or sit. You connect with spirit, then when you feel it (youā€™ll feel tingly, and youā€™ll feel the energy move through youā€™re body, itā€™s like a mild case of motion sickness), you can ask the spirit to push you forwards for yes and sideways for no. (I tend to sit down if Iā€™m doing this with Loki, as he has a wicked sense of humour and will push me flat on my face :rofl:) Once session is finished, say Thankyou and Goodbye (I tend to also ask for a Yes push to confirm.), if theyā€™re playing up, say IT IS DONE, THIS SESSION IS OVER. This works with everyone, but for me, not with Loki (I wouldnā€™t dare speak to him like that, heā€™d put my face in the butter lol :joy::sparkling_heart:)

You can also make your own pendulum. My first one was a leather cord, with a ball of quartz in a crystal holder, I made it myself. It worked a treat. You can use rings to, particularly good if this is for ancestor contact as itā€™s a personal item of yours.

Take care. :sparkling_heart: Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

@tracyS Thankyou for taking the time to look for me. Highly appreciated :pray: Iā€™ve cleansed my crystals in rice. I will definitely give this a whirl. Whatā€™s funny is I havenā€™t really seen much of the moon lately.

Is there anything you say in particular when you designate the pendulum to whomever ?

Ill def dedicate one to my deity when I find out who. Because if I donā€™t know who it is, no way to tell right. I should probably wait on deity? Def want to make one to contact my GMA and gpa. Should I get two separate pendulums; for separate gparents or use the same one for both of them.?

I didnā€™t even think of that. Probably should get a pendulum stand. For sure. Def gonna check if the spirit is of white light or. Dark.

This came to mind too. I just ordered a copper one.
Lol Loki. Such a trickster. Speaking of I just saw a book cheap and I c
Bought it.

Hadnā€™t read it yet. But when I saw it I was like eh why not. Thatā€™s sounds cool to be a human pendulum. Def gotta try this. Appreciate your time :heart::sparkling_heart:you take care as wellā€‹:sparkling_heart: Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

@Devenne Oh my favourite Loki book, I love this one. I hope you enjoy it.

I donā€™t have a format for the chant, could be the chaos side of me, just say something like, ā€œI dedicate this pendulum to you beastie (Loki) so that you and I can connect,ā€ something like that.

As to separate pendulums for each ancestor, I donā€™t think you need that, I have one for Loki, and one for everyone else.

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes