Re-introduction on a new path!

Thankyou @Amethyst and welcome @Mattie_Nox . Oh my Odin, what an honour. A beautiful deity, get ready to be swamped with knowledge, Odin loves wisdom. Here’s a few links in the forum on Norse:

Feeling the Runes/Odin’s Wisdom

Norse Deities Master Post

Nordic Mystism and Wyrd

How to Practice Chaos Magic

Books. There are loads. For a quick overview of the myths
Neil Gaiman is a must.

Other authors are:
Sif Brookes & Dan Coultas do prayer books.
Ksenia Menshikova has a book for practically every part of the Norse tradition and an excellent rune course.
S Connolly Demonolatry. Surprised? But seriously, I think you’re a demonolator? :thinking: Apologies if wrong, but knowledge of demonolatry is really good for the Nordic path, alot of our gods are also classed as demons (of course Loki’s in there :laughing:).

And a must read is obviously The Poetic and Prose Edda, and The Havamal.
If you key in Asatru UK on Amazon , they do some great little pocket books to get you started.

Word of warning: I hate to have to say this, but there are some fascists in our beautiful path and they’re very destructive, here’s a link to a British site (it should work) with a huge reading list, and what to avoid at the bottom. :confused:

https://www.heathensofyorkshire.com/recommended-reading

Videos. There’s alot on YouTube and it really depends how you want to approach this. There’s good stuff and idiots, :roll_eyes: here’s the good stuff:

For history and facts:

For Nordic animism and history:

For a little history and magic, and Odin:

For witchcraft:

For Chaos Magic

And if you want to look at my beasty Loki
Loki’s Tales

Here’s the Spells8 course on Runes, Odin will probably chat through these as they’re his anyway

There’s so much, sorry if I’ve swamped you (very Odin, he’ll probably data dump on you). He’s a wonderful God if a little difficult sometimes, and challenging.
I’m not Asatru, as I work with Loki and chaos so my labels change like the weather :rofl:, well British weather that is, different everyday. :laughing: Odin will have you exploring so much so have lots of fun, he is the wanderer deity who loves to see what’s out there. :grin:

There’s loads more, if it’s something specific, ask and I’ll see if I can help, but if Odin’s called you, then he’ll take good care of you. Our Nordic Gods are very earthy, they like to get right down into your everyday life and be a part of it, like a good friend.

Bless and Skoll :beers:

11 Likes