Searching/ Researching deities

I’m at a point where I would like to work with some deities. :pray::smiling_imp::innocent: One has come to me, but I have no idea who she is. She wears white robes with gold trim and she has long nondescript brown hair. Her face is nondescript as well. Reminds me a bit of the Mona Lisa. She also wears something on her head. I’m not sure what you would call it. But, it’s long like her hair. It’s white with gold trim around a head band type thingy? :woozy_face:
The other thing is…I’m interested in soooo many cultures that I don’t know who to choose :confused: lol
This is gonna take some time! Which is fine.
How did you find your deities ir did they find you?

11 Likes

She reminds me of Ishtar, from the description. She is described in one of my demon books as having dark hair, and honey-coloured eyes, and is often seen in a gold and silver skirt paired with a brassiere and white robes, complete with a gold headpiece. Her personality is characterised by empathy, positivity, and authenticity. When she is present, you may notice subtle signs such as the scent of roses, gentle orbs of light, or gentle breezes of wind.

I think it’s usually kind of both? They find you and you find them.

If you have some signs or things you feel drawn to that you can look up, that helps with the research. For example, I was searching for deities connected to the night, moon, owls, snakes, darkness, and so on, and each week, I got closer and closer to finding and being sure it was Hekate and Lilith.

If I had thought to factor in my personality as well, that would have made it easier. Either in a complementary or challenging way. So either, a kindred spirit or one who can challenge me to grow to become like them as they have traits I admire.

Some do tarot card draws to help, but that requires a lot of knowledge of the pantheons or a lot of research, anyway.

Some also just browse lists of deities and focus on each one, seeing which they feel drawn to.

There are probably many more methods, too.

11 Likes

My image reminded me of a priestess

11 Likes

Oh, here’s a Spells8 deity spread:

I could try to do that for you tonight, if you like. (About 6-8 hours from now.)

11 Likes

Yes please! The thought of the high priestess card popped into my mind, which referenced Persephone, Isis and Artemis so i have a place to start!

11 Likes

The headdress is too ornate, but this is the closest I can find visually.

Isis! So that’s why I was thinking of Ishtar… They have similarities, causing some to think Isis is the Egyptian Ishtar, just as Ishtar is the Sumerian Inanna.

Isis has also been connected to Hathor closely, in terms of the historical evolution of the goddesses in Egypt.

But her ability to heal people and her power over fate makes Isis quite the goddess to have on your side. :black_heart:

P.S. This site adds Hekate to the list:

And this one says “Artemis, Diana, Isis and Hecate, as well as Persephone”:

11 Likes

@starborn
This is great! Hekate has been on my list to explore, as well as Persephone and Isis. I like a place to start versus just trying to find a needle in a haystack. I say all these quips not knowing if other people catch the meaning lol :joy: :rofl: :laughing:
“the priestess,” this is what I’m calling her for now. She appeared to me at a guided manifestation meditation. We went to a cave to meet our spirit guides. My mom was there and I knew someone else was there too, but I couldn’t make out who it was. When I went back to the cave on my own i caught a flash of the priestess.
Thank you for helping me!

10 Likes

Just want to drop in and say the deity spread is fabulous, it helped me identify Loki. Also look out for classic signs that continuelly repeat, (so they can’t be coincidence).
Here’s my journey to identify Loki if you want to have a look, might give you some ideas.
Loki to invite in or no?
Have fun :partying_face:

10 Likes

Good evening. I slept much longer than expected, but it was very nice to do so. :relieved:

And you could also try to reflect back and see if you can recall any, too. But either way, it may take some time. :black_heart:

Yeah, that makes sense. It’s kind of like creative restrictions. Like, someone giving you a blank piece of paper and saying “draw anything” versus them saying “draw something meaningful to you.” :art::paintbrush:

I suppose you could also try meditating until you can communicate with her as well? It’s hard, but you might be able to ask her who she is. Although she might say who she is doesn’t matter. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I will look at my cards once I’m settled in at my desk. :black_heart:

Edit (2023-10-06T14:05:00Z): I’ve done the draw. I will work on meanings as long as it takes until they’re ready. :pray: :black_heart:

9 Likes

@tracyS definitely going to look into Loki!
@starborn I’m glad you got some rest! Don’t rush to get the spread done! I have lots to research! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin::people_hugging::heart:

8 Likes

There’s no better time than now. Your draw is imbued with fresh energy, and my mind is fully aligned with the task at hand. :smile:

In your deity draw, the deities you’ve already mentioned, @Sivonnah, have surfaced. I hope this brings you a sense of reassurance and guidance. :pray: :black_heart:

I prefer to approach this process in a linear manner, so I appreciate your patience as we navigate through it. :bowing_woman:

The Deity: The Moon

In this case, we’ve drawn the Moon card, which aligns with numerous lunar goddesses, including but not exclusive to:

• Selene
  • Nyx
  • Artemis
  • Diana
  • Hekate
  • Luna
  • Phoebe
  • The Triple Goddess
  • Isis
  • Nepthys
  • Chang’e
  • Chandra
  • Myeongwol
  • Pasiphae
  • Levanah
  • Coyolxauhqui
  • Losna

Also, many goddesses are associated with themes like subconscious fears, deception, illusions, miscommunication, trauma, and misunderstanding. So, as we interpret this card, we’ll be mindful of these potential influences.

Traits and Characteristics: The Fool, Ten of Swords, Knight of Wands, & Judgement

The Fool:

• Fearless in starting anew
  • Embraces spontaneity
  • Adaptable to change
  • Maintains an innocent outlook
  • Prefers mental exploration over physical journeys

Ten of Swords:

• Resilient in the face of suffering
  • Values trust and loyalty
  • Seeks renewal after adversity
  • Able to find hope in desolation

Knight of Wands:

• Driven towards success
  • Willing to take calculated risks
  • Thrives on adventure
  • Displays bravery in all endeavours
  • Possesses a free-spirited nature

Judgement:

• Embraces transformation as a constant in life
  • Recognises the importance of rest and rejuvenation
  • Sees rebirth as a natural process
  • Emerges from challenges stronger and more complete
  • Prioritises what’s best, even when it might not appear positive initially

Signs and Symbols: Two of Wands & The Magician

Two of Wands:

• Courage as a guiding force
  • Power and strength at your disposal
  • Encouragement to boldly explore new experiences without fear

The Magician:

• Acknowledgment of both earthly and celestial influences
  • The presence of versatile tools for navigating life’s journey, both below and above
  • The element of medicine, suggesting healing potential or a focus on health
  • Traditionally linked to the concept of manifestation
  • Manifestation encompassing the realisation of dreams, achievement of goals, or seizing the present moment

Two of Rings: The Connection to You

In the context of the Two of Rings card, it symbolises the importance of achieving balance in your connection with the deity. This symbolism highlights the need for flexibility and adaptability in your interactions with them.

Moreover, this card implies that you possess the capability to effectively address challenges and dilemmas through your connection with the deity. The imagery of hands holding one another signifies a collaborative approach to finding solutions, characterised by self-assuredness and mutual support.

Additionally, the presence of eternal and cyclical symbols underscores the enduring and continuous nature of this divine connection.

Furthermore, the card reinforces the notion of a shared vision or mutual understanding within this connection. This suggests a sense of alignment and agreement, enhancing the depth and significance of your connection with the deity.

Conclusion

I had initially planned to provide more in-depth explanations, but I’ll leave those notes as-is. I have a sense of which deities might be aligning with your journey from this draw, and I believe you are beginning to sense a connection with them. You’re attuned to the subtle energies at play, and your intuition is also guiding you in this direction.

What’s special about this journey is that it’s uniquely yours. The cards are pointing towards a path of self-discovery intertwined with your connection to these deities. It’s an invitation to delve deeper into your own identity and purpose within this spiritual exploration.

Embrace the notion that this journey is a personal one, tailor-made for you. It encourages you to unravel the layers of your own being and explore the profound connections you’re forming with these deities. It’s about more than just identifying them; it’s about understanding how they resonate with your own inner world.

So, as you continue on this journey, trust in your intuition and relish the adventure of self-discovery. Every step you take brings you closer to a deeper understanding of yourself and your spiritual path. Embrace it with an open heart, for it holds the promise of profound growth and insight. :black_heart:

8 Likes

@starborn I feel this is spot on! It’s reassuring to see that the cards reflect my thoughts and direction on my path!
Katerina, I truly appreciate how helpful and supportive you’ve been! You have helped to see how strong I am and thankful for that. Im getting :cry:
Everyone here is wonderful. I found our family exactly when I needed it! Synchronicity? :laughing:
:infinite_roots: :blue_heart: :heart: :silver_heart::sparkling_heart::black_heart::hugs:

8 Likes

@Sivonnah

It’s magick! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

I’m so happy that I could be of assistance. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

I’m still working on building my confidence when it comes to doing readings for others. So, I feel a sense of relief. While I didn’t approach it with nervousness, there’s that moment between sharing my insights and awaiting feedback that makes me wonder, “I hope it was helpful and not just pointless rambling.” :sweat_smile:

Although, I must say, my initial reaction when I drew The Moon card was one of astonishment and excitement. The same surprise and delight washed over me when Judgement appeared. And then, when The Magician emerged: :astonished: :sparkles:

Witnessing the emergence of potential deities was an incredible experience. I’ve now come to love this spread. I simply wish I had more reasons to put it to use! :joy:

I must agree, everyone here is truly wonderful. :black_heart: It’s in this community that I’ve found a sense of purpose when I was starting to feel a bit lost and aimless. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@starborn

Maybe connect with that beautiful Arch Angel of yours. His energy was very gentle when I prayed to him, like big black wings wrapping around you. I think we’ve all been guided here by someone. We love having you both @starborn @Sivonnah :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Good idea. :black_heart: I will make that my next task. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@starborn Just want to say that ritual you gave me to connect with demons is fabulous. Works everytime.
I was thinking, just a thought :thinking:, @Sivonnah maybe use this ritual to reach out to the deity your gut/intuition is telling you it might be, and ask, is it you? Here’s the post.
Post 39 from @starborn is the ritual
Post 50 is the result I had. May help you identify who it is, if you just ask? :person_shrugging:.
Has anyone worked with King Solomon and spirits?
:sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I’m so glad. :black_heart: I was a little worried that I’d “adapted” it too much and weakened it.

Good idea. :black_heart:

In case it makes it a little easier for you, @Sivonnah, here are the direct links to those two posts Tracy mentioned:

Just a quick note on this bit:

I believe Tracy pointed out that in the S. Connolly book, the circle part of the sigil is a type of “zoom-out”:

A sigil is often circled in Demonolatry to denote Satan encompassing that particular part of the whole. By circling the sigil you are focusing on the Demon as part of something larger. By leaving the sigil un-circled it suggests focusing on the Demon itself without looking at it as part of the whole. Think of it as zooming in or out. If you want to see the larger picture – circle it. If you want to hone in on the Demon itself, don’t.

Which is why she says:

Now that I think about it… When it says “zooming out,” I think it might refer to what I experience. Because the intent of the circle in the one I wrote was to open a direct doorway/portal – the entire circle “glows” and then swings open like a door. This means whatever I see through there won’t just be the spirit, but where it resides.

In the case of demons, yes, that means you’re opening a portal to the underworld. With Hekate and Lilith, I always join them where they are. It seems a bit scary at first, but it actually feels like the most safe place I could be. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyway, the point is that both work, but you might want to start with Tracy’s version for the first few attempts. Do as I suggest, not as I do… :sweat_smile:

Speaking of, it’s 04:20 am and I need to go do this, then get to sleep. :black_heart:

8 Likes

@Sivonnah I just want to add, if you take away the circle, once you’ve said the name 3 times, you may feel your body rock ever so slightly (this maybe just Loki’s way of showing me he’s arrived, but I thought I’d mention it as it’s weird). In my post I mention that I become the pendulum, but before you even ask anything, you will feel a strange sensation come over you and movement going through your body (I kept my eyes shut cuz I was chicken :chicken: but now I find keeping them closed and my head bowed, actually helps the communication :person_shrugging:)

I also felt tired and a headache, so have a glass of water handy. Again it could just be Loki’s energy, I’ve not done this ritual with anyone else, so others energy maybe softer. :sparkling_heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Well, I’m glad you’ve got some answers @Sivonnah :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was gonna hop in here and suggest the deity spread that @starborn did but they beat me to it!

One of my best pieces of advice to give about researching deities is simple yet complicated all at the same time - follow where your heart leads you! :heart:

6 Likes