Snowdrop Flowers!

Such a pretty little flower with so many magickal things!! Have you ever heard of snowdrop flowers or used them in your magickal workings?

Galanthus, snowdrop is a small genus of approximately 20 species of bulbous perennial herbaceous plants in the family Amaryllidaceae.

A quick video on Snowdrop flowers, with some magickal associations and a little chant!

12 Likes

hi, this the first time I ever saw or heard of this flower. It is very interesting

6 Likes

The remind me of sweet peas almost~this is very precious thank you so much

6 Likes

Oh wow, I had never heard of snowdrop flowers before. Thank you again for the great information @SilverBear!

7 Likes

These were planted by my daughter while she was living with her grandparents and working on her Masters Degree. I love to see them pop up each year… the first flowers of Spring. Joy bringers on so many levels.

8 Likes

@berta oh those are so pretty! We have crocuses that come up anytime between now & May & I love to see them come through too!

They are lovely and I would love to put some with my flowers. I will have to look around for them this year.

5 Likes

@Susurrus they are a great addition… they do spread a little bit each year but they are SLOW to spread. I hope you find some.

5 Likes

@berta I was going to ask if they perennials or annuals! Thank you so much! Now I really would like to have some in my yard! :hugs:

4 Likes

Berta,
Beautiful :relaxed: flowers, I can’t get these flowers for spell work. They don’t have them on this side of the states only where it snows. My brother asked me if I wanted to go to Lake Tahoe, it snow there I’ll keep my eyes peaked just in case. You never now I might come across these someday! Then I will know what they are!
Blessed be

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 what if you bought the bulbs (I’m guessing they are bulbs) & planted them, would they not thrive where you are? I’m just curious if maybe that was a route you could go for them.

5 Likes

Snowdrops are my partner’s favorite flower- I guess it’s about that time of year when they begin to pop up! There’s a big garden and park space in the city where I found some last year- maybe it’s time to go on a Snowdrop search! :white_heart: :seedling:

Absolutely lovely, @Silverbear- thanks for sharing! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

This year I really want to plant a moonlight garden and some black flowers!!!

5 Likes

I’ve heard of snowdrop flowers. They’re simple but lovely flowers. Sadly, I’ve never seen them growing in the wild or sold in the stores where I am. :disappointed:

5 Likes

I did enjoy this little video :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @SilverBear

4 Likes

Krissie, that is a very good question if the Snow flowers,would actually survive in my climate. that would probably be a question for silver bear.I could look It up and when I find out I’ll let you know. I just heard in the video that they thrive where it snows.
Jeannie

4 Likes

Krissie,

Unfortunately I live where it is hotter and it does not snow in the northern hemisphere on the opposite side where it does not snow.
Jeannie

4 Likes

Brecks and K.Van Bourgendien both have the bulbs for sale.

Snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis)

Snowdrop bulbs are known for being early-flowering bulbs, often popping through the snow. Snowdrops are frosty white and bell-like, seemingly impervious to cold weather. Ideal for naturalizing.

• Hardiness Zones 3-9
  • Mature Height 6 inches
  • Bloom Time Late winter-very early spring
  • Light Requirements Full Sun, Half Sun / Half Shade
  • Ground Cover
  • Container Friendly
  • Attracts Pollinators
  • Naturalizes Well

We ship this item in Fall

4 Likes

Unluckily I’m in Edmonton Alberta Canada and there is too much snow

3 Likes

AliceInWonderdab,
I never been in the snow except once! If I could trade you for one day I would! My husband said when the snow plow makes snow banks you can bounce off of theme in the car. Don’t do it though I just thought I would share.
Blessed be

4 Likes

One day of snow is lovely- but after a few months, I’m wishing for nice warm weather and sunshine! :sun_with_face:

I wish I could trade a day of snow here for a day of nice weather where you are, Jeannie! :laughing: :+1:

4 Likes