Solar, Lunar, Stellar

Would anyone care to have a conversation about this?
I connected with Spells8 thanks to @christina4’s comment on the topic.
I’m curious if it’s us two or if more are familiar.
New England witch here.

3 Likes

What do you mean by Solar, Lunar, and Stellar? That’s a bit vague (or maybe I just don’t know what you’re talking about :laughing: )

4 Likes

@nana1 im sorry I’m not familiar with this. If you could explain a bit it would help :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you are asking? Would mind clarifying the question please? :heart:

3 Likes

Raven Grimassi is one who wrote a bit about it in their book on Italian Witchcraft.

4 Likes

janelleCreatively Crafty

Aug '20

Have you heard in Italian Folk Magic the 3: Solar, Lunar, and Stellar? @Francisco
I’ve been curious to dive more into them but Italians who practice their way are very hush hush about what they do. Most of everything is passed down the family line.
I believe this is the first time It was brought up. Thanks to Janelle for the subject.

5 Likes

Welcome @nana1! :blush:

From what you’ve said (and from Janelle’s comment in a past thread- thanks to @Garnet for bringing it back! :+1:), it sounds like “Solar, Lunar, Stellar” are concepts from Italian Witchcraft.

I’m not too familiar with Italian Witchcraft, but I found the following while searching:

From The World of Renaissance Italy by Joseph Byrne

From this, it looks like “solar, lunar, and stellar” relates to the formation of the year for various calenders.

If you find out any more, please let us know Nana! :blush:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

@Garnet I think Bri just gave a perfect answer to the question. :sun: :crescent_moon:

Janelle also shared a very interesting video on the topic of Italian Folk Magic I went ahead and copied a summary of the video for those interested: Read it here.

5 Likes