Spell jars for family

Does anyone have any simple spell jar recipe I could do for family? I don’t have a lot of herbs yet, but do have some. I wanted to give them a little something since they’ve been so supportive of me in my journey. Thank you for any advice/recipes.

9 Likes

Well, it would depend on what you’d want the spell jar to do. What are your intentions? Do you want to banish negativity or bring forward luck and prosperity?

6 Likes

I was just thinking of doing a variety if I had the supplies, but for sure the good luck, self love and prosperity.

6 Likes

This one is if you had all the supplies, for good luck and protection.

And this one is for good luck and prosperity. I’ve done this one, it works pretty well!

Or you could deconstruct the two, meld them together, and see what you come up with!

Here are a few more jar spells with instructions on how to make them.

You can also ask the lovely and talented @SilverBear or check out her channel on YouTube. She has done several spell jars.

Hope this helps you, my dear! Good luck!

9 Likes

Thank you so much!

8 Likes

Protection Herbs and Spices for Jars and Spells – Spells8 Could I use the herbs I have from this list to make a protection jar, or do I need all of them? And is there any certain chant I should say? I’m sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I’m getting it right.

8 Likes

Absolutely! :+1: Spell jars are highly customizable.

When I make a spell jar, I bop around and grab the herbs/ingredients that correspond with my spell intention, and then layer them into the jar. You can seal it with any color candle wax (again, picking a color that magically corresponds to your intention is an added enhancement) and decorate it if you choose.

Amethyst shared some great spell jar resources- feel free to take a chant or instructions from any of those. If you’re not sure, you can follow them step-by-step, but I would encourage you to feel free to adapt them to suit your needs. Or, you could write your own chant (here’s a guide with tips on how to do so)! It doesn’t have to rhyme or be long- sometimes just stating your wish out loud is all that you need :blush:

Good luck and happy spell jar crafting! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Thank you all so much!!

8 Likes

You’re welcome!

8 Likes

You’re very welcome, Brandy- blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to do this one for awhile now. I have everything except Rue, and for some reason I really want to use Rue in it lol. It already calls for so many other herbs. I could maybe find another substitution since it already calls for rosemary. Hmm.

9 Likes

I’m just like you i don’t have any Rue and I want to use it lol

7 Likes

I’m planning on getting some herbs on Etsy soon but not in time for this so that spell will have to wait.

6 Likes

I found a place called herbco if you want to look on there and see if there’s any on there you might want/need

7 Likes

@Assyla555 for Rue… I know it calls for Rosemary already but a good substitute is Rosemary with a pinch of Black Pepper.

Other good substitutions could be:

• Thyme
  • St John’s Wort
  • Sandalwood

I know what the Rue was put in there for because I wrote the spell before I changed my username :rofl:

6 Likes

Or just add extra rosemary!

6 Likes

Have you ordered from them yet? I need to buy some herbs and looked at their website, but wasn’t sure if the quality was decent or if the shipping was really expensive?

6 Likes

My stepmom did and we were very pleased items were great size for the price!

6 Likes

I don’t know how that got missed :rofl: I went back and changed the author name on the site so it reflects your current username lol

5 Likes

Why thank you so much! I’ll have to check them out.

6 Likes