Spells for Others

Okay, okay, I know I’m supposed to be working on self-care, but the world does not wait for me to catch up. :sweat_smile: Hopefully, I’ve rested well enough to do this successfully, but we’ll see…

Here, I’m going to do the following spell:

But I thought I’d open it up for anyone who does or wants to do spells for others. I’ve noticed the topic come up a few times, and, like many of you, I’m not super confident in my abilities with it.

The short version? Let’s learn together. :smile:

Now, while Bry said the following…

Using a mortar and pestle is exhausting! I could have used one of our two electric grinders, but I like putting in manual effort. Even when it kills me to do so. :laughing: So this is as far as I could get with the grinding. I’m probably weakened from donating, but eh, I’ll get better at it the more I do it, regardless.

Again, while Bry said the following…

My brain did not listen. Clearly. :laughing:

I also wrote out the spell with the person’s name on paper. Then I went over it again two times for a total of three, a good number to repeat things by.

Now, let’s get burning!

It’s a flaming torch! Bwahahaha!

[Tenor]

While I watched the candle burn, I kept imagining the flames carrying the energy to the person I was focusing on. I hope it worked. :pray:

:silver_heart: :black_heart:

13 Likes

This is a lovely post. I’m sure we’ll see lots of contributions of spells. You’re flame would’ve made Loki proud. All that energy being sent out. Fabulous :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you for this and I hope you are feeling better!!

11 Likes

@starborn with so much fire and so much focus, my sister surely worked :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Thankyou for looking after me sister :people_hugging: During hard times. I do feel a bit better. Alot lighter. I’m still working through it. But these has brought me me some comfort. Thankyou it’s beautiful. I’m thankful for your efforts and your arm muscles. May I have the strength to only look within and focus on my goals and where I want to be.

10 Likes

Oh, yay! This is such a lovely space, and I’m flattered that you gave the Lighthouse Spell a go! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tell me about it, my friend! It’s a real workout - no need to go to the gym after using the mortar and pestle :joy:

(This is why it’s March and I still haven’t ground up all that sage I dried last autumn :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

That is one exciting candle - so bright and mesmerizing! I watched the video twice :candle: :star_struck: :two_hearts:

You set a beautiful intention and lit a truly magnificent beacon of light - I’m sure your love and healing energies have crossed the seas and reached the lucky recipient! May they feel the light and the love from your beautiful casting :heart: :candle: :blush:

This was a delight to see, @starborn - thank you so much for sharing your spell experience! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I did this again and while I shared the video already, I’m posting it here so I can add some observations. :innocent:

I’ve been thinking that being able to have the person’s name carved into the candle or written down really helps with focus.

I’m also going to work in some of what I’ve learnt from working with spirits. So I think next time, I will start by gazing at the name for a few minutes, then at the start of whatever chant I do, say the name three times.

I’m not sure if that’s too much or not. But because I have typical unmedicated ADHD struggles, points of focus really help. I suppose I should just be cautious not to put too much energy into it? :thinking:

But then I can take another technique I learnt from another ritualist and that is to draw energy from the universe with my left hand and simultaneously pour it into the candle with my right. So that way, there’s still energy being used, but it’s channelled through me, not from me.

8 Likes

Okay I see you

8 Likes

I even added prayer to my deities I called forth. I followed the guide too tho. But like you added the name visually and verbally throughout. I said her name in the beginning and some points throughout. Also pulling from the universe.

8 Likes

We’re gonna have to eventually get you a little stand so you won’t have to hold the phone yourself, though. :black_heart:

I use a little phone stand I got off Temu for $4 AU a while ago. But you might prefer something that’s actually meant for recording. For example, this cheap little one looks pretty sturdy and the holder is thin enough that you could turn the phone around instead of having it selfie-style:

Not now, though, of course. You have more important things to worry about. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

8 Likes

I have one

8 Likes

I guess it would be smart to use it lmao

8 Likes

It’s worth a try, at least. It’ll let you try the two-handed thing – drawing in with the left and sending with the right – and at least you won’t have to even think about whether you’re actually getting the candle and stuff in the frame. You can just ignore the phone entirely. :smile:

If freeing up your hand and not having to hold the phone results in dancing like Pooh, even better. :laughing:

8 Likes

Lmao yeah true

7 Likes

I think I have to do this in front of a mirror sometime and record it, @Devenne. :laughing:

8 Likes

Hell ya. I loved that gif

8 Likes

I gotta get more comfortable with videotaping my face lol.

8 Likes

Same. It feels very strange. :laughing:

8 Likes

I feel like Stuart off mad TV “don’t look at me” it’s like hearing your own voice play back lol :laughing:

8 Likes