đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXXI (Sep 1 - 29)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXX - Readers’ Reviews!

As of today, the 31st book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

From Pixabay

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

If you are reading a book along with someone else, please make a note in the comments so I can create a special discussion thread for you!

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

From Pixabay

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

13 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Can’t Spell Treason Without Tea by Rebecca Thorne
    @BryWisteria

• The Goddess in Shadow by Allycia Rye
    @Amethyst

• The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
    @EvaCVM

• American Gods by Neil Gaiman
    @tracyS

• Witchcraft Unchained by Craig Spencer
    @MeganB

• Ancestral Whispers: A Guide to Building Ancestral Veneration Practices by Ben Stimpson
    @Jewitch

• To Ride a Silver Broomstick by Silver RavenWolf
    @Jaxblueflash

• ** **Tarot for Yourself **
    It workbook for personal transformation!!
    By Mary K Greer
    Second Edition
    @Jeannie1

• Magickal Protection By Damon Brand
    @Solasta_Amore

10 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

10 Likes

Thanks for fixing my entry! I could not get the bullet point to show :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No problem :sparkles: :crescent_moon: :+1:

7 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXI - Readers’ Reviews!

@Jeannie1 Thankyou.

6 Likes

No problem :wink:

6 Likes

That looks awesome, Jeannie! I hope you enjoy your work with Tarot for Your Self- have fun! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :flower_playing_cards:

5 Likes

Hello everyone! :hugs: :smiling_face: I was literally waiting for this month’s book club to open, still i’m 15 days late, here! :sweat_smile: :laughing: Haha, i don’t know how i missed it! However i have found this now & I am going to join every month, i realized i would actually looove to read an ebook within the Spells8 book club session too! :innocent: :silver_heart: :pink_heart: If only i could finish one in… like 15 days more …? :joy: :yum: But at least i will get to read with my lovely coven, yayy! :infinite_roots: :people_hugging: :open_book:
The Ebook that I will read is Magickal Protection by Damon Brand.

I’m very much in need of any and all sorts of magickal protection currently! :worried: Also, this is one book i got a long tym back so it’s the best time for this book, i feel. :heart: :face_holding_back_tears: I’m soo excited to read this one, actually I did read like 2 pages back then, but i guess i will start again now! :grin: :innocent: :pentagram: And @Jeannie1 that workbook is seriously awesome. :heart_eyes: Maybe I have seen this book on kindle or play books, i think. :thinking: :heart: I also feel that i will be getting it soon! :blush: :dizzy: Thank you & Blessed Be, all. :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Ohhhh look at that cover! :heart_eyes: :ocean: It’s caught my interest immediately- I can’t wait to hear what you think of it, Solasta!

And no worries about the deadline- it is totally fine to continue a book across reading sessions. Always better to enjoy reading rather than feel stressed about it! I hope you enjoy your book! :open_book: :blush: :heart:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria

Thank the gods, I’m still reading American Gods, but now Amazon are running the TV series Wheel of time, and it’s based on a book series :person_facepalming:, noooo. I’ve bought that now, must learn some discipline. :rofl:

6 Likes

Ohhhh I think we may have watched a few episodes of the first season of Wheel of Time on Amazon! Lots of fun magick, but I had a hard time following some of the plot haha. I imagine the book moves slower than the TV adaptation (they almost always do) so I figure it might be easier for me to read it first and then follow up with the show!

Did you buy the series or the books? Either way, can’t wait to hear what you think of them! (and if you see/read both, let me know how they compare!) :heart: :blush:

5 Likes

The books, I prefer books, but only the first few. Ive got too many books :joy::rofl::heartpulse:

5 Likes

No such thing as too many books, my friend :handshake: :wink: :heart: :books:

There is such a thing as too little space to store your books, or not enough money with which to buy the books- but I prefer to blame the space and the money rather than the books. They can do no wrong in my eyes :joy:

(Happy reading! :heart: :open_book: )

5 Likes

So true. :joy:

I think included with the space, is the weight. My bookshelf has about 200 books and is well over 200kg/440lb as a result. It’s… quite the thing.

As we’re going to be moving soon, I’m looking to donate some of my older fiction books and then just not buy them any more. It’s a little saddening because books in general work better for me – they’re one of the ways I can practice mindfulness as the whole physical feel of the paper, turning the page, and so on, really helps to ground me in the moment.

But I’m realising that they make us moving a bit more difficult. And with this changing world, we’re not sure how often and where we’ll move in the future.

5 Likes

Aww thanks bry! :kissing_heart: :hugs: I agree the cover got me too! :heart_eyes: :ocean:

Ohhh i too, have those first few books of Wheel of Time series, in my kindle!! :heart_eyes: :books: :face_holding_back_tears: I haven’t read them yet. I bought them recently. :heart: Judging by bry’s short description… i guess it’s gonna be too much magick & fun! :wink: :sparkles: I hope u enjoy your books tracy! :hugs: :pink_heart: Aaand…

Oh my goodness. My lovely fairy, you have spoken my heart out!! :face_holding_back_tears: :books: :cupid: Books are Infinity… :wink: :innocent: :open_book: :magic_wand: :infinity:

Blessed be sweet witches! :woman_mage:t2: :silver_heart:

4 Likes

Cheers to that! :raised_hands: :heart: :books: :blush:

Much love and many blessings to you too, Solasta! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

@Solasta_Amore Perhaps once I finish American Gods, (which will be soon, it’s getting good, really good, I’m in the car with Shadow and Wednesday on the roadtrip), we can read Wheel of Time book one, in this challenge and compare :person_shrugging:, it’s magical :magic_wand: Big hugs lovely :sparkling_heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Yess! Cheers to all the beautiful and magical books! :heart: :books: :dizzy: :grin:

Blessings to you too my sweet Bry :hugs: :pink_heart:
Have a very merry and blessed sabbat today my heart :silver_heart: :hearts: :pentacle_tarot:

5 Likes