🍓 Strawberry Cookies - Soul Food for Peace

I was inspired by Laurie’s post the other day and wanted to share a recipe I found and made my own with the help of my daughter. We had some strawberries left in the fridge that needed to be eaten before they went bad, and I’ve had the baking itch, so we decided on strawberry cookies.

I eat a low-carb diet for health reasons, so this recipe is adjusted for that. However, it’s still fairly easy to make and tastes delicious to boot!

Why Strawberries?

Well, besides the fact that we had some that needed to be eaten, strawberries are wonderful to use in magick for love, luck, and peace. My daughter and I decided that we all needed a bit more of that in our house, so we came up with a little spell to say when rolling the dough into the cookie shapes. Also, sweet things tend to do a very good job in sweetening up the household - or whoever eats the treats - if a little bit of magick is involved. :wink:

What You’ll Need

• 1 Cup of Diced Strawberries
  • 1/2 Cup of Lilly’s Dark Chocolate Chips
  • 2 1/4 Cup of Almond Flour
  • 1/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
  • 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp of Salt
  • 1/2 Cup of Swerve - Confectioners
    • any other zero/low carb confectioner sugar should work, to
  • 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 Tsp of Liquid Stevia
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350F.

2. In one bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.

3. In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil. Then whisk in the eggs, stevia, and vanilla extract.

4. Create a well in the dry ingredients (this means you create a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients in their bowl) and then pour in the wet ingredients.

5. Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed.

6. Add the strawberries and chocolate chips to the bowl. Gently fold the ingredients all together.

7. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and roll the dough into balls.

8. During this step, my daughter and I came up with a chant to use. Yes, it is to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat…haha

Roll, roll, roll the dough
between your little palms.
Strawberries and chocolate fill the heart
with peace and love to calm.

1. Place them on the parchment paper approximately an inch apart. Then, flatten them down a little into shape.

2. Bake them at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden on top.

3. When they’re done, move them to a baking rack to let them cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying them!

Everyone in my house loved these and they were all gone by the next day. This recipe makes about 12 cookies that are 2 inches in diameter. More cookies can be made from the dough if you make them smaller, and less can be made if you make them bigger.

I will be making more of these sometime soon, especially since they’re all gone!

8 Likes

Yummmm! Anyone have big clothes in their closet? I am gonna need them after this shut down… tooo much goodies…

2 Likes