Tarot deck personalities

this is the spread I did, as well as the Phoenix has provided. Iā€™ve done that spread as well.

In my case, my one deck I have had for close 2 years (I think). I have always felt she was more matter of fact and when I did the spread, sure enough, it came across (as I saw it) that it was like the older person in your life that will not put up b/s. I have had that deck actually give me a card that literally said ā€˜I donā€™t know what to tell youā€™ when you did the interpretation. I had asked the same question one to many times and the cards said so.

I mean, for some they may think it weird but I like it. Gives me another way to connect to my tarot decks

10 Likes

I find that some of my decks are more subtle while others are more in-your-face. I havenā€™t been given a name for any of them, but each one has given me the feeling that they prefer to be asked certain questions.

For example, my Somnia Tarot tends to be very blunt and doesnā€™t sugarcoat anything. They also prefer to answer questions revolving around mental health and shadow work.

On the other hand, my Traditional Manga tarot doesnā€™t seem to have a preference and will answer just about any question. However, the answers tend to be more intuitive and not always straightforward.

I think each of my decks holds a specific type of energy, a sort of spirit, that they either already had when I received them or that has been awakened through their use. Iā€™m very much an animist when it comes to this!

9 Likes

I haveā€¦ severalā€¦ decks & this is how they are for meā€¦ some more subtle, some more excited, some more in your face, some blunter, & at least one claimed by a deity recently :laughing:

None of them have specific names, other than the ones they were given or sold to me under. They each do hold a different type of energy though. So, it depends on what Iā€™m working on myself which one I will use, or how I am feeling. I kind of just choose one that goes with how I am feeling & what I am asking of them.

6 Likes

I have considered naming mine but the right one hasnā€™t come along. My deck absolutely has a personality and seems to have no problem being blunt :roll_eyes: :black_cat: :rofl:

4 Likes

I have two decks and they also have similarities but distinct differences. My Universal Waite is a colorful depiction of Rider Waite and is also very matter of fact. My Green Witch deck by Ann Maura is my personal favorite. I have been working with this deck much longer and feel a very strong connection. Readings with this deck tend to be deeper and more meaningful.

I have never thought about finding out their names but now plan to do so. What a great idea!

5 Likes

Lady_Nimue_Selene,
I have a deck ā€˜Nefertitiā€™ Tarot and about 20 years ago, my brother, (who thought I was a nut bunny) snidely asked to me read his tarot. The first thing I did was to hold the deck with a side facing me and concentrate, blowing softly to clean the deck. I shuffled and asked him to cut the deck and run a 3 card read.
I donā€™t tend to ask questions before readings I just feel if I ask questions, his answers could limit my credibility. If they want a question answered, I tell them to concentrate on it. And weā€™ll talk about it later.
So, he cut the deck and what I read was, ā€˜change,ā€™ possible opportunities, and money or success, I canā€™t remember now. Anyway, I repeated the run, same, not cards but meaning. So I told him.

He asked, ā€œSo I get an opportunity, what should I do?ā€
" That is your choice, I can only show your possibilities. I answered. ā€œDoes the reading make any sense to you?
'Yes, Rob (his son)and I have been given the chance to start a business.ā€
ā€œIs it feasible?ā€
ā€œIf and I mean only if, your hocus Pocus is realā€¦I thinkā€¦ā€
ā€œGood answer, think about it brother, and discuss it with your family. Only then can you make an educated decision.ā€

He lives about a mile from a ski resort and he and his boy have been running a snow-plowing business in winter and landscaping in summer. For over 20 years. Theyā€™ve done well, Iā€™m happy for them.

But not all decks are truthful. Some can be bratty.
But I had a Dragon deck that wouldnā€™t tell me :poop:
I cleansed it, blessed it, and threatened to drown it or use it for fire, but nothing worked. About the time I gave up, my niece asked if she could have it. I gave it to her but with a warning.

I told the deck. I was giving it to a demon. A teenage girl going through puberty The little SOB worked for her like an angel. And maturely stuck my tongue out.
That miserable deck performs for her like an :angel:
Itā€™s great your decks work for you.
Stay blessed
Garnet

5 Likes

I find my one deck is veryā€¦naive almost?? every time I do a reading, itā€™s so positive and sometimes I feel like it can be wishy washy. I love it still, obviously. I had another one that I just recently gave to my daughter. It would not give me anything. I did readings and just got these confused interpretations that had nothing to do with what I asked. Just felt like there was a stubborn wall with it. So I never touched it and eventually asked my daughter if she wanted it. she hasnā€™t done a reading yet but it would be interesting to see if she got anything

6 Likes

Girl, I am feeling this right now! Iā€™m learning and so Iā€™m thankful for an in your face deck that isnā€™t making me work too hard to understand, but damnā€¦ sometimes Iā€™m like ā€œOK! I GOT it!ā€

@Phoenix_Rose and @Dierna_Nimue_Selene, these are great questions! I canā€™t wait to sit down and see what my deck says!

6 Likes

I actually did a reading on myself regarding my child. She is 12 years old, heading into that teen era, and is a lot more rebellious than her older sister. So I took my black and gold deck, did a 3 card spread.

Elmira was on the money. I got the advise of patience, balance. That I was dealing with a lot, basically work, kids, life, and I need to learn to balance those. As well as be patient with her.

A little while after that reading, tried to text my kid while she was out and her phone was dead. She had turned it off for whatever reason (found out after she came home). Obviously I was mad but I calmed down and dealt with her with patience and I feel if I hadnā€™t done that, I would have made a misstep. I would have maybe accused or yelled when really I just need to remember she is a kid still and needs guidance.

Just kinda hit me how accurate and to the point that one deck was and I knew it would be

6 Likes

I had a deck like this, The Crystal Visions Tarot. I found it at a thrift store and thought it was gorgeous ā€“ got it for likeā€¦ $3 or something? I canā€™t remember :joy: but we didnā€™t click at all. So now my daughter has it and she enjoys flipping through it. Sheā€™s only 10 so she hasnā€™t really used it ā€œproperlyā€ yet but she likes looking at the pictures and learning about the meanings.

I totally relate :rofl: And some of my decks are so in sync with even other people in my life that Iā€™ll pull cards for friends and have to preface the reading with something like ā€œDonā€™t shoot the messenger, okay?ā€ :joy: Itā€™s hilarious!

5 Likes

I love this :laughing: :unicorn: :heart: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I am also 100% in the camp that believes that decks have personalities- I have some real characters on my shelf :joy:

The deck I get along with the most is the Mystic Manga Tarot, because I think itā€™s personality and way of communicating is closest to mine. The pictures are colorful, fun, and expressive- the deck is able to get across the messages clearly.

I butt heads with the Anima Mundi- that deck is harsh. Which is necessary, sometimes, but can be difficult when youā€™re asking about sensitive matters.

The Oppositions Tarot isā€¦ snobby? Not sure if thatā€™s the best word, but the deck just feels like it knows that it knows more than I do and likes to rub it in my face, while also giving very vague and all-encompassing answers.

The Ostara deck is beautiful but very artsy and abstract. It has four different artists, which read like four different personalities. Makes it pretty to look at but very hard to decipher.

I havenā€™t read with the Soul Cats deck much yet, but so far it comes across as cute and playful- it prefers to talk about positive or neutral things and will dance away from negative or serious issues.

Itā€™s always fun hearing about everyoneā€™s decks and how they interact with them- really enjoying this discussion! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:joy::+1:

Well-said, Garnet!

4 Likes

With any new Tarot deck, you have to wait for their personality (really!)to reveal itself.
Garnet

5 Likes

I love this :laughing:
Iā€™ve been happy with my Crystal Visions, though curious to compare too :innocent:
Maybe once I have better income againā€¦ :smirk: :moneybag:

5 Likes

Very helpful, Thank you Phoenix :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Itā€™s funny because I thought I would love it and I 100% do not at all :joy: we just didnā€™t connect at all and I wouldnā€™t even pick the deck up lol but my daughter loves the cards and the art, so itā€™s still a win!

5 Likes

I had a deck calledā€¦ The Everyday Witch tarot & we were not friends :rofl: In kind of a similar thing as @MeganB, my has it now; she liked it for the same reasons I did & it works really well for her :hugs:

Other than that, I havenā€™t had any others that didnā€™t get along with meā€¦ but Iā€™m sure in time there will be one :rofl:

5 Likes

Interviewing your tarot decksā€¦ thatā€™s a great way to connect with them!

6 Likes

Absolutely and agreed that each is unique!

It makes sense that the black/gold would trigger a practical response based on the colors alone, while the silver, being reminiscent of the moon, would align with emotions.

My Kipper and Lenormand decks will tell me about situational and environment events before they reveal me, which typically follows the ā€˜Main Femaleā€™ card.
Then I have a self made deck which I recommend everyone do even if itā€™s simply creating one card per month! An equivalent is to print out the Spells8 deck, while focusing on it intensely during the download and printing process.

Performing or doing regular ā€˜workā€™ with each deck will open your psyche up to it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.