Tarot Deck Review~ Anima Mundi ✨

Being dazzled by @roxanne’s gorgeous new tarot deck, I had completely forgotten that I had ordered a gold-leaf deck a while back, and it just arrived!

For anyone interested in tarot decks/ gorgeous artwork- here is the Anima Mundi Tarot by Megan Wyreweden! :flower_playing_cards:

The deck is a traditional tarot deck with 78 (Major and Minor Arcana). While there is no gold leaf applied to the face of the cards, there is gold on the side- so when they are all together and catch the light, it is quite an attractive deck :star_struck::yellow_heart:

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful artwork! The deck focuses on animals and nature with a color palette of mostly soft blues, whites, blacks, and greys. The artist definitely has a preference for birds more than any other animal! :dove:

Something interesting I found is that while three of the suites have a clear element (swords=air :cloud: / cups=water :droplet:/ pentacles=earth :evergreen_tree: ), the last suit (wands) did not have a clear element. Although it should be fire, there is only one card in the entire deck that has a picture of fire on it :fire:. Even The Tower, which is depicted as a volcano :volcano:, has only smoke- there is no fire shown on the card.

In my opinion, this makes the deck slightly imbalanced. I will use it for readings involving air and water especially, as those two elements dominate the deck. For matters regarding fire and earth, I will probably turn to a different deck :flower_playing_cards:

This is going to be a tricky deck to read! Although I knew this and bought it anyway :joy: It doesn’t have the bountiful symbolism that other decks have- the cards are limited to an animal, element, and an item or flower or background. Not much to draw from… but luckily it came with a handy little pocket guide with all the interpretations! :grin: :+1:

I took a picture of my favorite Major Arcana cards in the deck- I love how The Fool echoes the traditional Raider-Waite depiction of this card. Justice was particulary powerful presence :lion::crossed_swords:, and I LOVE this take on Death. The Moon is easily the most gorgeous picture in the deck, although it’s basically completely devoid of symbolism and just a really beautiful painting :laughing: :full_moon:

I also greatly appreciate the Roman Numeral on each card- it helps when I ask the cards for more specific information about time/dates :blush:

All in all, I highly recommend the deck! :sparkles:

Happy card readings, and Blessed Be! :heart:

12 Likes

Ooh, it’s so pretty! I love the artwork :heart_eyes:
Did you by any chance order it from somewhere in Europe? Like I said in the other post, I’m not willing to pay €23 for shipping from the US :grimacing:

However, your review has definitely given me something to think about! I’m especially sad to hear that fire isn’t represented well, considering it’s my element :fire: Also, you mentioned the deck is quite tricky to read, so maybe it’s not well suited for a tarot beginner like me?

5 Likes

I know that feeling very well! Haha it’s a nightmare when you go to checkout and realize the shipping would cost even more than actual item! :sweat_smile:

Yes, I had it shipped to Poland! I actually saw the deck while browsing on AliExpress- I ended up buying it from a tarot reseller, so I’m afraid I don’t know if it is the original deck or a knock-off/recreation :face_with_monocle:. The quality is very good though, and the price can’t be beat!

I was surprised too! I’ve accepted that it’s just part of the deck’s theme and character, although it seems a shame that such an important element is almost completely avoided in the cards :fire::woman_shrugging:

I am also a tarot beginner! :blush: I was hesitant about this deck because yes, due to the lack of symbolism, it can be harder to find meanings in the cards. But it does come with a little guide book that has been very helpful! :open_book: :+1:

I was actually doing a reading with the cards yesterday and the thought came to me that, although the cards don’t have as many symbols as other decks, in a way this can make it a bit more approachable! :grin: I don’t feel overwhelmed by trying to read and sort through all the possible meanings on the cards- sometimes I just look at them and answer my question based on how the card makes me feel :blush: And with the lovely paintings and pretty images, these cards have a lot of emotion!

I think you should pursue the decks that call out and resonate with you- when it comes to tarot, follow your heart! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I’ll have a look if I can find it there, thanks :blush:

I’m very happy to hear that it comes with a guide book! Without it I would be very lost :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank goodness for the little guide books! :grin: :+1: Otherwise after every card I draw, I’d be scrambling through the internet watching YouTube videos for a breakdown of what each card means :joy: There are a few cards I know pretty well now, but so many that I forget entirely :sweat_smile:. Tarot is certainly a long work in progress! :flower_playing_cards:

Best of luck on the deck hunt! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

@BryWisteria, one of my favorite things about our coven is the sharing of ideas, spells, and tools. This deck has been on my wishlist ever since you posted about it. Well… not anymore. :grin:

Look what came in the mail today! :star_struck: Thank you for sharing this deck with us. It’s beautiful and I can’t wait to use it.

5 Likes

It’s beautiful!! Great find!

3 Likes

Congrats, @praecog29!!! :clap::heart_eyes: Oh, I hope you come to enjoy it as much I do- it quickly became my go-to deck! Have you had a chance to do a few readings yet? I would love to hear what you think of Anima Mundi so far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::flower_playing_cards:

3 Likes

The deck is even more beautiful in person. As soon as I held it in my hands I knew, I just knew, this deck was my new go to deck. I haven’t used it yet. I’ve been through it with friends and family and I’ve let them touch it - something I never do. I thought tonight would be the perfect night for a cleansing and charging. :star::ringer_planet::ringer_planet: Thank you, again, for originally showing it to us.

2 Likes

I’m so happy you clicked with the deck right away, @praecog29! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is a very raw and wild deck that has a natural and truthful edge to it- perhaps letting the deck meet your friends and family will help the cards connect with both them and you during readings :flower_playing_cards: And yes, a perfect opportunity for cleansing and charging- enjoy your new treasure! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I love that you do tarot deck reviews, @BryWisteria! This is wonderful. Thank you so much~

(This deck is so beautiful. :sparkles:)

:silver_heart: :black_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks, Starborn! :heart: :blush:

I really like this deck, but it kicks my butt every time I read with it. So I’m a big baby and now I only take it out when I know I can handle some hard truths :sweat_smile:

It’s been a while since I did one! Maybe it’s time to start again? :grin:

4 Likes

Oh, that would be great! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ll see what I can do! :heart: :grinning:

4 Likes