Taurus New Moon ♉ May 2024

Taurus New Moon 2024

Did April’s showers bring May flowers? Maybe for some of us - for me, it brought the flu! I am not surprised in the slightest because my daughter got it first and then brought it home from school…but anyway! This month’s New Moon is in the grounded and stable sign of Taurus.

Depending on your time zone, the New Moon will be on 2024-05-08T03:21:00Z. Find the exact time of this month’s New Moon here: Moon Calendar from Astro-Seek.

What Is A New Moon?

If you need a recap of what a New Moon is, click here! 🌑

Astronomically speaking, a New Moon is the period of time when the moon is at 0% illumination. The Moon and Sun are on opposite sides of the Earth. This causes Earth’s shadow to fully cover the Moon leaving the night sky in darkness.

There are several different beliefs regarding the New Moon and witchcraft. Some witches believe this is the time to start new projects. Others believe it is a time of rest and recovery where no magic should be done.

What does a new moon symbolize? This is a time of introspection, self-analysis and reflection. An opportunity for a fresh start and a New You. - New Moon Rituals (Spells8)

The Sign Of Taurus

Taurus is represented by the bull, a big brutish animal that keeps its feet on the ground. This sign is grounded and stable, preferring a solid foundation to grow from rather than having their head in the clouds. The Taurus is trustworthy and reliable, often generous when it comes to helping other people. They will go out of their way to make sure the people around them have what they need. The Taurus is set in their ways. They know what works and what doesn’t so they may rarely switch things up. Though this is good for them, it can also come across as a stubborn streak when interacting with others.

Learn more about Taurus :taurus: : → Beginner Astrology - Guide to the Signs by @Cosmic_Curiosity

The Taurus New Moon :new_moon:

One thing Taurus knows how to do is align with their goals. Being goal-oriented is a great thing for this sign and it aligns well with the energy of the New Moon. We know what makes us happy, sure, but the Taurus New Moon asks us to explore that a bit further - what brings us joy, and why? While we work on achieving and understanding our goals, the Taurus New Moon reminds us that it’s also okay to stop and smell the roses. We are being guided to pause and reflect on the beauty around us, both internal and external.

Activities For The Taurus New Moon :tada:

Goal-Oriented Divination

If you are like me at all, you might struggle to decide the direction you want to go. With a goal-orientated divination session, you can get clear on what you want while also appreciating what you have. Spend some time with a divination method of your choice and reflect on your life as it is and how you want it to be.

Make Decisions with Tarot: 6-Card Tarot Spread

Enhance Your Routine

While the New Moon is often a time of beginnings and starting new things, Taurus brings us the grounding energy and reminder to work with what we have. If there is a routine you want to change, this is a great time to change it! Make a list and get started on honing your routine to make it just right for you.

See also → Daily Routines | Spells8

Make a Donation

The generosity of Taurus combined with the New Moon is a wonderful time to embrace your philanthropic side. Make a donation of time, money, or energy to a charity or cause of your choosing. Do this with no expectations, only the knowledge that you are helping a cause close to your heart. You may also choose to make this donation in the name of a deity or other spirit - that is perfectly acceptable, as well.

Daily Devotions: A Step-by-Step Guide

Remember, the energy of the New Moon isn’t just for the one day that it reaches its peak. Personally, I give myself a three-day window for the New Moon: the day before, the day of, and the day after. This works well for my practice and it may work for yours, too!

Do you plan to work with this New Moon? What are your favorite ways to work with a New Moon?

Let’s hear about it!

12 Likes

I am going to make some death oil and have a couple spells to do during the new moon.

10 Likes

Blessed New Moon! :new_moon: :taurus: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hope the New Moon brings you good health, my dear! As for me, I had roses and a New Moon so I did the Gratitude Salt Spell! It was lovely!

6 Likes

Happy New Moon, my friends! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you very much :hugs: I’m starting to feel a bit better, so that’s good lol getting sick is the worst.

I think for this New Moon I’m going to spend some time with a new guided journal I got. Honestly, it’s one of the first things I can claim “TikTok made me buy it” :joy: but it’s a really awesome thing to have! It’s called, “Mom, I Want To Hear Your Story” and it’s a guided family keepsake journal.

With Taurus being grounded and stable, it reminds me of the kind of parent I want to be and the kind of home life I want to have. I think this is the perfect thing to do :heart:

8 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better hun!

I love that journal! I may grab a couple. My oldest daughter won’t speak to me anymore because her religion won’t allow it because she found out i practice witchcraft. My younger daughter thinks the world revolves around her. So I think it would be perfect for both of them!

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your children :heart: I hope one day they come around and realize that witchcraft isn’t what everyone else makes it out to be :pray:

8 Likes

@MeganB What a beautiful journal. :sparkling_heart:
@Mystique It’s difficult when family don’t understand. Part of my hubby’s family call me Satan (and not in a nice way, although it’s a compliment to me in my view :grin:). I hope one day they see we are nature’s agents, and that makes us Gods agents, seeing in their view, he created nature. They still love you :sparkling_heart: Sending love to you. :people_hugging:

7 Likes

What is death :skull: oil . Please share :pray:
And i am so sorry to hear that your kids aren’t talking to you. Sending hugs :people_hugging: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Taurus rules my 12th house so I’m going to use this new moon for spiritual and inner development as well as a bit of self healing. These will be the focus on my intentions.

Taurus is a fixed earth sign so is linked to consolidation or ploughing on with what we have started. It also encourages you to use your senses and ask yourself what is worth continuing and what is worth ditching. It also asks us to reflect on what we value most.

There’s a lot going on Astrologically during this New Moon. Both the Moon and Sun are in Taurus but so is Venus, the sign’s ruling planet. Taurus is often (and rightly) associated with money and material possessions. However, it’s about more than that; it’s also about the value we place on things, people and ourselves. It brings a desire for stability and security, as well as a sense of self worth.

During this New Moon, it may be helpful to commit to a new relationship with yourself. Reflect on your skills, talents and achievements. Pamper yourself, spend time in nature and do things that bring you happiness. Also spend time with those that bring happiness to your life.

Taurus is also connected to abundance and wealth. This New Moon is the perfect time to consider your relationship to abundance and set intentions that focus on what we can gave and create, rather than what we lack. Just remember that abundance and wealth do not necessarily mean money. There are other types of wealth that we can strive for. The presence of Venus encourages you to seek harmony and embrace the beauty around you too. Spend time outdoors where possible and appreciate the beauty around you. There may also be increased sexual desires as the sensuality of Taurus combines with the passion of its ruling planet.

Jupiter and Uranus are also part of this Taurean stellium during this New Moon. Jupiter brings optimism and luck to your endeavours and intentions. They both encourage freedom and being our true selves, which may help us break through the perhaps stagnant Taurus energy that clings to tradition and tried, tested methods. Taurus does not appreciate change but the presence of the planets may just give you the push you need to step out of our comfort zone and take risks. Reflect on your true values and whether you are being true to them. Are you sticking to your guns at the expense of fully expressing who you are? Are you hiding your true self for fear of rejection?

There is also a trine aspect between the Moon in Taurus and Saturn in Pisces. Saturn brings structure and boundaries. The sextile between Saturn and the Moon brings dedication and the effort to focus on what truly matters, and will help to calm the unconventional and sometimes rebellious energy of Uranus, keeping you on track with whatever it is you need to do.

This is a time for chilling and indulging after the hectic energy of Aries. You are likely to indulge across many areas of your life. Enjoy it… but not at your bank accounts expense!

Alan

9 Likes

It’s an oil for anointing candles that you would do for shadow magick spells. Like, Justice spells, can be used in reverse hex spells or in hex spells.

7 Likes

Thank you, as always, @Cosmic_Curiosity for adding on to the astrology information! :heart: It’s very much appreciated!

I’m really feeling the part where you said this New Moon brings a desire for stability and security. It’s really funny to me because I have absolutely zero Taurus in my chart. Taurus also rules my 12th house. And then according to the chart you made a while ago (Using Astrology with the Moon), with my rising sign being Gemini and the moon being in Taurus, it’s a good time for me to focus on inner growth, healing, creativity, and dreams. This all aligns well with my personal goals if I do say so myself!

8 Likes

You are welcome. My focus is the same for this new moon as I am also a Gemini rising!

8 Likes

Woohoo! Twinsies! :partying_face: :tada:

8 Likes

So that explains the hundred plus trips I made to my refrigerator yesterday! I had the munchies all day long and couldn’t figure out why :laughing:

Lots of great wisdom and guidance for the Taurus New Moon here, you’ve given me a lot to keep in mind for the rest of the day! Thank you for this helpful addition, @Cosmic_Curiosity :pray: :taurus: :new_moon:

6 Likes

I took it easy and was just of service to others. And i had a cartoon character day were so many things went wrong but it made me laugh and i have good story now!!!

6 Likes

The May 2024 New Moon in Taurus has come and gone, but no fear! For current moon happenings and information, visit the moon-magick tag :new_moon_with_face: